Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

3 posters

My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more...

Kozmo 1
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more... Empty My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more...

Post  Kozmo 1 Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Didn't realize there was a models section here...here are some models I own, I'll put up some more when I get a chance, I'm always getting new stuff and trying to work on a layout.

[img]My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more... Pict2422[/img][img]My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more... Pict2428[/img][img]My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more... Pict2431i[/img]
    Kozmo 1
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more... Empty Re: My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more...

Post  Kozmo 1 Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:26 am

Here's an update on my layout progress:

HO Theme Park
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more... Empty Re: My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more...

Post  HPCrazy Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:25 pm

That's pretty cool. I'd love to have an H-O scale model of the Giant Wheel like that. It would fit well with my Christmas display I do every year. I know that monorail set is a generic one that can be bought in hobby stores. I'm guessing it's supposed to be Hershey's as the paint job is similar. Someone also told me that those H-O carnival ride kits can be a pain as you have to glue all the pieces together. I'm glad you have the patience for that. Can't wait to see more pics of the progress of this display.
    Kozmo 1
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Kozmo 1 Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:06 pm

HPCrazy wrote:That's pretty cool. I'd love to have an H-O scale model of the Giant Wheel like that. It would fit well with my Christmas display I do every year. I know that monorail set is a generic one that can be bought in hobby stores. I'm guessing it's supposed to be Hershey's as the paint job is similar. Someone also told me that those H-O carnival ride kits can be a pain as you have to glue all the pieces together. I'm glad you have the patience for that. Can't wait to see more pics of the progress of this display.

Thanks for the comments Smile

Yeah, those HO rides are a pain, but alot of my rides are custom made for me by model builders. I built most of the plastic stuff though, some are not bad, like the Comet by Coaster Dynamix and some of the simpler stuff from Faller like Musik Express and Bumper Cars, but some of the more complex stuff is a HUGE pain especialy if you want to actualy have it run properly.

Monorail is from ER and was available at hobbyshops at some point, maybee there's still some sitting around but they've been out of production for at least ten years. I got all mine on ebay, I custom painted the trains (yes to look like Hershey's, only thing is I chose to do different colors instead of all blue). I also painted all the beams for it too, the sets come with them in a burgandy type color.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Different colors for the monorail? It looks identical to Hershey's, which also has a white roof. Are you referring to the beam because Hershey's beam is all blue along with the supports. Yours is white with blue supports.
    Kozmo 1
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Kozmo 1 Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 pm

HPCrazy wrote:Different colors for the monorail? It looks identical to Hershey's, which also has a white roof. Are you referring to the beam because Hershey's beam is all blue along with the supports. Yours is white with blue supports.

I meant the 2nd and 3rd monorail trains, first one I did is the blue which is done to match Hershey's. 2nd one is red with the same pattern of white roof and trim at bottom of train. I have the red one painted but it needs to be touched up and then reassembled. 3rd train will be yellow.
    Kozmo 1
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Kozmo 1 Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:47 pm

My HO Scale coaster and ride models of Hershey, Dorney and more... 1024456

Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:55 pm

That looks great! Is it fully functional as well?
    Kozmo 1
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Kozmo 1 Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:55 am

Fanatic wrote:That looks great! Is it fully functional as well?

The coaster does not operate, it's Mean Streak at Cedar Point, built by John Hunt...and that's my Conestoga in the center that I started years ago, it's a modified Faller (Huss) Rainbow kit, it runs but not well have trouble with the gondola hitting the posts and staying upright.

It was just a random pic I took last night while takeing other pics for ebay selling....thought it would show up bigger though....lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm