Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+6
FlyersFan
gb980109
Fanatic
ChiefRedskin89
HPCrazy
Ccron10
10 posters

The Suggestion Box

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

The Suggestion Box Empty The Suggestion Box

Post  Ccron10 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Hey guys, the season is 3 weeks away from beginning and we at Keystone Thrills are interested in seeing what you, our respected viewers and members, are interested in seeing from us in the 2011 coaster season.

One of the things I've been bouncing around is about the possibility of doing a monthly podcast. How we would go about doing this is conducting it over Skype and recording it. Then post it for download on the site or possibily iTunes for free.

Also, while I'm on the topic of new things, here's a clue on what will be happening in 2 months....... Rolling Eyes
    The Suggestion Box Kt_spo10

But anyways, if you have any ideas, opinions or suggestions on what Keystone Thrills could do, feel free to comment! Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

The Suggestion Box Empty Re: The Suggestion Box

Post  HPCrazy Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:39 pm

It's too bad we couldn't have a podcast during the meet-up at some point. If not the April 17th meet-up, maybe if we have another gathering in the summer we could do one as well as at HP in the Dark in October. I figure if people would see what we're doing at our site get-togethers (besides the preview video I put up) it may encourage them to attend sometime.

I also think that occasional podcasts throughout the season updating viewers on Attraction 2012 is also a must. That would be nice along with the picture updates that a lot of us plan on doing leading up to the announcement.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:51 pm

I really can't think of anything too much. One suggestion is making sure you stay on top of Attraction 2012. As far as I know this site is the leading scource and it is getting great publicity because of that. It is also fun just being a part of it. One more thing even though I don't think it is possible, is there anyway you could mabye look into a spell check for the forum posting? I just think it would come in very handy.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:02 pm

^I don't think there's a spell checker button in the forums and I would love to add one, I don't think there's a way to add that feature into the forums.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Certain browsers have a built-in spell checker, or you can get it as an add-on. I believe Firefox does this, but in the way that MS Word underlines misspelled words in red.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Chrome includes a spell checker as well.

My suggestion is for the "jump to new post" link on threads that have new posts since your last visit. The link is there, but usually there's some kind of icon that you can click on. Right now it's just a blank space.

I made a picture comparing this forum to another one I post on.

The Suggestion Box New_po11
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  FlyersFan Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:14 am

My suggestion would be a chat room included with the forum.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 am

FlyersFan wrote:My suggestion would be a chat room included with the forum.

https://keystonethrills.forumotion.com/chatbox/index.forum?

Done. Smile
    SupremeScream
    SupremeScream
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  SupremeScream Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Pick another theme? Something with more brown to reflect Hershey chocolate...
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:10 pm

SupremeScream wrote:Pick another theme? Something with more brown to reflect Hershey chocolate...

This site covers all of Pennsylvania's amusement and theme parks, not just Hershey. Since a good 95% of us are from the York, Harrisburg, Lancaster and Hershey area, it would make sense that Hershey gets the most attention out of the rest of the parks and attractions featured here.

I like the current skin. The purpose is for it to match with the main site page.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:09 am

Is my suggestion being worked on at all? Just curious...I really do think you guys are doing a great job with this site!
    SupremeScream
    SupremeScream
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  SupremeScream Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:59 am

HPCrazy wrote:
    SupremeScream wrote:Pick another theme? Something with more brown to reflect Hershey chocolate...

This site covers all of Pennsylvania's amusement and theme parks, not just Hershey. Since a good 95% of us are from the York, Harrisburg, Lancaster and Hershey area, it would make sense that Hershey gets the most attention out of the rest of the parks and attractions featured here.

I like the current skin. The purpose is for it to match with the main site page.

Oh. I just think white text on black background is a little too harsh on the eyes.
    What a Face
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:46 am

I actually think it's easier to read that what we had here before.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:58 pm

I have no problem with reading the site. I wouldn't mind seeing a different notification when you have messages. I had one for awhile and didn't notice until tonight.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Sat May 21, 2011 4:34 pm

gb980109 wrote:My suggestion is for the "jump to new post" link on threads that have new posts since your last visit. The link is there, but usually there's some kind of icon that you can click on. Right now it's just a blank space.

I was wondering if there's any follow up with this.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sun May 22, 2011 1:29 pm

gb980109 wrote:
    gb980109 wrote:My suggestion is for the "jump to new post" link on threads that have new posts since your last visit. The link is there, but usually there's some kind of icon that you can click on. Right now it's just a blank space.

I was wondering if there's any follow up with this.
    It has to do with the current forum skin and for some reason it doesn't come with that feature. Personally, I have no problem finding the new posts, but I guess i could change the skin to fix it.

If I do change the skin, would you guys want something that looks similar to the Blog?

Also, it seems that the old website wasn't deleted at all. I was thinking about doing something small to it. The only thing is that I hate the idea of there being 3 different web addresses (webs, megabb, and wordpress). Maybe I should start looking into a domain name then.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Sun May 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Ccron10 wrote:It has to do with the current forum skin and for some reason it doesn't come with that feature. Personally, I have no problem finding the new posts, but I guess i could change the skin to fix it.

If I do change the skin, would you guys want something that looks similar to the Blog?

Also, it seems that the old website wasn't deleted at all. I was thinking about doing something small to it. The only thing is that I hate the idea of there being 3 different web addresses (webs, megabb, and wordpress). Maybe I should start looking into a domain name then.
    It's more of a problem when I'm on my phone than on my computer, but I like that function either way.

I'd say having a skin similar to the blog would be better for visitors. It would create a more consistent look. And, I think looking into a domain name is a good idea, too.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun May 22, 2011 4:56 pm

I agree because it seems like our visitors come to here and blog. We have them both listed on the Facebook page as well and not the site on there. The only downside would be is that we wouldn't have photo gallery for pictures, other than Facebook.
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Mon May 23, 2011 1:56 pm

If you guys are willing to get legitimate web hosting I am willing to setup forum, blog, and gallery on it.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon May 23, 2011 2:58 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:If you guys are willing to get legitimate web hosting I am willing to setup forum, blog, and gallery on it.
    I'm really starting to consider it at this point given how many views the blog and forums have been getting. If so, then I was thinking of getting something together that would include a website, photo gallery, forums, and blog all in one.
    Right now I have to worry about moving into my townhouse, but I'll start looking into it in June once I'm settled in. Wink
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon May 23, 2011 3:10 pm

I think that's a great idea. It's too bad what's on the forums now can't be moved over instead of making everyone re-join like we did from Hersheypark Crazy to here. I don't know if there is a way of doing that or not. If we happen to get a gallery, can't we have it set up so that members can post their own photos from PA's parks that they have visited? You know have separate folders with one for Hershey, the same for Knoebels, Dorney, Dutch Wonderland, etc.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon May 23, 2011 3:20 pm

HPCrazy wrote:I think that's a great idea. It's too bad what's on the forums now can't be moved over instead of making everyone re-join like we did from Hersheypark Crazy to here. I don't know if there is a way of doing that or not. If we happen to get a gallery, can't we have it set up so that members can post their own photos from PA's parks that they have visited? You know have separate folders with one for Hershey, the same for Knoebels, Dorney, Dutch Wonderland, etc.
    I think there is a way to just keep using these forums and not have everyone have to rejoin. I am also positive of this and all I would need to do is I would just have the domain name the same as the site.
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Tue May 24, 2011 9:48 am

It doesn't work that way. A domain can only point to one name server. And, if you are serious about getting a website going you really need a message board where you have full control over everything.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue May 24, 2011 11:25 am

CoasterBGW wrote:It doesn't work that way. A domain can only point to one name server. And, if you are serious about getting a website going you really need a message board where you have full control over everything.
    Ah, so I will need to create a new forums section? I guess it makes sense, but I'm not looking forward to having to go through the same thing that we've had to go through with the old HPCrazy forums as far as having to lock up the old forums and start over again like how this one was started. I'm hoping there is some way around it.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue May 24, 2011 1:45 pm

I agree with Chris. I can't believe there isn't a way to transfer everyone over to a new forum without having to re-register. I'm almost positive it was done before with other sites.
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Tue May 24, 2011 2:28 pm

When you use these free forum hosting companies you don't have enough control over the data to do a conversion. I will look into a few things and get back to you guys...

Edit: just what I thought... http://help.forumotion.com/t89859-moving-forum-database-to-a-new-one?highlight=moving

And there has been quite a few people that have asked about it: http://help.forumotion.com/search?search_keywords=moving all with the same response, can't be moved.

Edit 2: I may have a solution. I am going to run it on a test setup tonight and let you guys know if we can do it I plan on writing a crawler to strip the usernames, posts, and categories then randomly generate a new password for the users.
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Tue May 31, 2011 11:52 am

Sorry for the delay, hit up SFGAm on Friday and then ran a marathon on Sunday.

We should be able to transfer the forums with little loss. Only thing is everyone would have a new randomly generated password to use their first time on the new board. They can then change it like they normally would.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue May 31, 2011 12:11 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:Sorry for the delay, hit up SFGAm on Friday and then ran a marathon on Sunday.

We should be able to transfer the forums with little loss. Only thing is everyone would have a new randomly generated password to use their first time on the new board. They can then change it like they normally would.
    That sounds good. I'll get in touch with you on working with you on this once I get through my first week of work and move into my apartment. This probably won't be until around the middle of June. Wink
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Tue May 31, 2011 1:40 pm

Perfect timing for me too!
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Hey Chris.. I would suggest advertising the "Chat Box" feature a little more, and maybe make a thread that only you can post on to post links to the construction updates, just a though. Very Happy

Last edited by Belo777 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    billybobjoebob
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  billybobjoebob Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:51 pm

^I think that's a great idea
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Perhaps it is late news, but I like the new logo at the top of the site. It fits the theme well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:34 pm