Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

5 posters

Del Grosso's: Libertyland's Revolution

krosscoasters
    krosscoasters
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Del Grosso's: Libertyland's Revolution Empty Del Grosso's: Libertyland's Revolution

Post  krosscoasters Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:10 am

DelGrosso purchased Libertyland's Revolution back in 2006, but they apparently haven't done anything with it. Any info?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Del Grosso's: Libertyland's Revolution Empty Re: Del Grosso's: Libertyland's Revolution

Post  Ccron10 Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Last I heard, Revolution is sitting in a field rusting away and has been for the last 4 years. While it is a shame, this ride is basically considered a basic corkscrew coaster. If it is built, I think it would benefit the park pretty well.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Del Grosso's: Libertyland's Revolution Empty Re: Del Grosso's: Libertyland's Revolution

Post  Stormwinder Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:41 am

It is a shame the park does not have that many rides, and any new one would be nice.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:36 am

This has nothing to do with Libertyland, but I did not want to make another topic for it.

The park released their 2010 events schedule.
    http://www.delgrossos.com/events.html
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue May 10, 2011 11:16 am

(5/10/11) Screamscape sources tell us that Delgrosso’s has apparently sold off the former Revolution coaster that they purchased from Libertyland due to the higher than expected costs to rebuild the ride. While I was assuming at first the ride was simply sold for scrape metal to recoup some of their costs, I’ve been told instead that it has been sold to someone outside of the US.
    I'm suprised its still in good condition to be rebuilt given that's been in the elements for the past 4 or 5 years.

Last edited by Ccron10 on Tue May 10, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Tue May 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Ccron10 wrote:
    (5/10/11) Screamscape sources tell us that Delgrosso’s has apparently sold off the former Revolution coaster that they purchased from Libertyland due to the higher than expected costs to rebuild the ride. While I was assuming at first the ride was simply sold for scrape metal to recoup some of their costs, I’ve been told instead that it has been sold to someone outside of the US.
    I'm suprised in still good condition to be rebuilt given that's been in the elements for the past 4 or 5 years.
    I've found that a lot of international parks like to buy up old rides that aren't in great shape and rework them. I guess it's probably a bit cheaper for them and they don't have as many safety rules in some locations.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon May 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Screamscape:
    (5/23/11) A reader dropped by DelGrosso’s over the weekend and noticed that as of right now, the old Revolution coaster pieces are still laying in same old storage field as before, so if it was sold off, they haven’t picked it up yet.
    Seems like it still is on-site.
    tcgerlach
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Del Grosso's: Libertyland's Revolution Empty It's being hauled away as I type this.

Post  tcgerlach Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 pm

I work next to the field where the coaster parts are, and it is being loaded onto trucks right now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:26 pm