Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+2
HPCrazy
Ccron10
6 posters

What parks are on Your To-Go List in 2011?

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

What parks are on Your To-Go List in 2011? Empty What parks are on Your To-Go List in 2011?

Post  Ccron10 Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:47 pm

As the 2010 coaster season comes to a close, it's time to start thinking about next season! lol

For me, if I have a car by then, I plan on going to the following places:
    Hersheypark: Since I have a pass, this will be pretty much often next year.

Knoebels: Black Diamond and maybe Flying Turns plan on opening next year and I really want to go to Phallfest as well. Hopefully two trips.

Six Flags Great Adventure?: I had a great time here and depending on the cost, I kind of want to return and ride my #1 wooden coaster again and try out my first stand-up coaster. I'm glad I got my first and last rides on GASM before it closed.

Kennywood?: Given the location of my college, it might be possible to pull off a day-trip out to here.

One of Two new park visits: I would really like to try out maybe going to a new park or two each year. If I do, then they'd probably would be King's Domineon, maybe BGW, but since they'll be adding a new coaster in 2012, it maybe worth it to wait, Cedar Point and King's Island or if distance becomes an issue, Morey's Piers or Six Flags America.

Depending on cost, I may think about going to Dutch Wonderland to get the few coaster credits.

Right now this is my goal for next season and depending on cost and time, it may be cut back or have stuff added on. What is everyone elses plans?
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

What parks are on Your To-Go List in 2011? Empty Re: What parks are on Your To-Go List in 2011?

Post  HPCrazy Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:32 pm

What's going on for me in 2011:

-Chocolate-Covered Feb
    -Hersheypark in June
    -Walt Disney World in September (with the free dining plan again...well worth it!)
    -Hersheypark in the Dark in October (hopefully another site meet-up)
    -Hersheypark in November/December (whichever works out better)
    -Dutch Winter Wonderland (maybe if I like it when we go out this December)

I'd love to get back to KD and BGW to get my Dominator, I305, and Griffon credits but those will most likely wait now since we're going back to WDW again. Can't beat WDW for a weeklong vacation though, it's still the best!

Plus if all goes well, maybe we'll have a "Springtime in the Park" meet-up for the site.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

What parks are on Your To-Go List in 2011? Empty Re: What parks are on Your To-Go List in 2011?

Post  Fanatic Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Hersheypark
    Knoebels
    Six Flags Great Adventure
    Disneyworld

-Disney might be my big vacation for the summer, and hopefully I can get a trip in to Hersheypark and Knoebels at the same time. Six Flags is always an option as it isn't too far away. Wink
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:07 pm

I've kind of been thinking over the last few days about saving up money to do some sort of big trip or a series of small trips. This might not be for 2011, but maybe not long after that. Maybe I could put the money towards a TPR trip for 2012? Rolling Eyes
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:34 pm

I've always wanted to hit up all the parks in one state at a time. Just a dream though Very Happy but a cool one imo!
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Looks like 2011 will now be a great year, thanks to my coming Christmas present....my Hersheypark Season Pass! So far this is how it's looking:

-February: Chocolate Parade at Chocolate World, off-season trip
    -April: Springtime in the Park / Keystone Thrills spring season starter meet-up
    -May: First regular Hersheypark visit of the season
    -June: annual Hersheypark trip with Alex
    -July and August: Hersheypark at least once per month
    -September: Walt Disney World (not sure if I'll be getting to Hershey this month with both the York Fair and Disney happening)
    -October: Hersheypark in the Dark / Keystone Thrills fall meet-up
    -November / December: Christmas Candylane and maybe a small winter site meet-up

Looking forward to it! I plan on visiting Hersheypark at least once a month (at least on a Sunday), so if any of you think you'll be there on a given Sunday, let me know and we'll work something out. I also hope to get site updates on each of my visits for Attraction 2012, should there be any construction going on as well.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:25 pm

Really nothing big planned. I might be getting a season pass this year but I don't know yet. Other then HersheyPark I think the only other park is Dorney Park. I've never been there so it should be fun. Other then Kennywood I think its the only park reletivly close that I haven't been to. I really wish Hard Rock Park would've stayed open because I'm going to Myrtle Beach again, oh well.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:23 pm

I should start getting season passes from parks...I never actually did except with parks that use a point system or other attraction areas, but it seems like a season pass might be worth it. One from HP would definitely be worth it, but only if I visit more that once! (Like what I don't do!) Very Happy
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:15 pm

One for HP is worth it. You get free parking and so much off your food and merchandise I think besides admission to ZooAmerica when entering from the outside. Next year is probably going to be one of my best years yet since I'll be having a Season Pass for the first time.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:35 pm

I never knew you get $ off of merchandise and food - but now I do! That's definitely a plus to me.
    I just got a season pass to the Bronx Zoo a couple of months ago and it paid itself off in 2 visits. I'm sure an HP pass will do the same. Wink
    The Storm Runner
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:34 am

Hershey will consume my life next summer, once I turn 18 (no more Child Labor Laws) lol. When I'm not there, I'll be making a trip out to SFGAdv (we get free admission), and I'm planning a Lake Compounce/SFNE trip with a few of my friends/fellow ride ops. Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:35 am

Since I plan on being there once a month (along with several site meet-ups throughout the season), maybe I'll finally meet you for a change. Smile
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:44 pm

I figure that this is my possible park list for 2011:
    -Hersheypark Springtime (April 16 for sure, but maybe one or two other days as well)
    -Hersheypark Summer (I'm going to need to figure out a schedule for myself. I'll probably go mostly during the week by myself and with my girlfriend several weekend days)
    -Six Flags Great Adventure (Probably after Green Lantern opens)
    -Six Flags America (maybe I can meet with one of my Maryland friends and go here)
    -Knoebels (June or July)
    -Adventuredome Las Vegas NV (this is up in the air at this point, but if I do go, probably in the middle of July)
    -Stratosphere Tower Las Vegas NV (same as above)
    -Nascar Cafe (same as above)
    -New York, New York Hotel (same as above, their coaster should be interesting....)
    -Hersheypark October and Christmas
    -Dutch Wonderland sometime in the summer to get those 2 credits.

I may have 14 possible new credits in 2011, which would bring my total up to 52 credits in all.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm definitely looking to get as many new credits as I can, but I'm happy with going to any park, even if it's a repeat. I just like to get out of the house and do something interesting. Very Happy
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  FlyersFan Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:35 am

My to visit list for 2011 is as follows.

Hersheypark (I have a season pass)
    Knoebles (June)
    Universal Studios (October)
    Islands Of Adventure (October)
    Universal's Halloween Horror Nights (October)
    Epcot (October)
    Magic Kingdom (October)
    Animal Kingdom (October)
    Hollywood Studios (October)
    Seaworld (October)
    Busch Gardens Tampa (October)
    Busch Gardens Howl O Scream (October)
    Six Flags Great Adventure (July)
    Dorney Park (August)

I have a question though what are these credits you all keep talking about? Are they credits for here or some other site? Something tells me over the last 3 years I would have quite a few.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:27 pm

Roller coaster credits = how many coasters you've ridden. For example if you've ridden El Toro for the first time, then it would be a new credit added to your list of coasters ridden. It's basically a term used all around the coaster community.

Here's a good topic to list all the coaster credits you have:

https://keystonethrills.forumotion.com/t45-your-complete-roller-coaster-list
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Here's a modification of my To-Do list for 2011:
    -Hersheypark April 16-17, April 22.
    -Hersheypark Random dates in May.
    -Knoebels once an opening day is announced for Black Diamond
    -Dorney Park in early May
    - Six Flags Great Adventure when Green Lantern opens
    -Six Flags America during the summer
    -Hersheypark East Coast Bash and other times in the summer.
    -Kennywood later in the season?
    -Dutch Wonderland (to do some credit whoring).

And to add to credits, credit whoring is the concept of riding a kiddie coaster just for the credit. Wink
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 pm

I'm guilty of going on kiddie coasters for credits, but I do it in good fun. I still get a kick out of some of the kiddie rides, especially the simple coasters. Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:36 pm