Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

4 posters

Dorney Park Questions and PTR

ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Dorney Park Questions and PTR Empty Dorney Park Questions and PTR

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:46 am

Ok this is for my trip to dorney June 13th-16th. I'm going to have several questions and I'll also just use this topic for my PTR when I have one.

So its going to be my dad, me, brother, and grandparents. My grandparents are not going to the park with us just to clear that up. Were staying at a campground about 30 min. away and will be going to the park two days. OK here is where the first questions come in. First of all does anyone know any ticket promotions? Even if its chaper tickets at GIANT like Hershey Park does, I just think it's crazy to pay full price for those things. And its not incorrect to think its going to be uncrowded right? It's pretty early in the summer and on weekdays.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Dorney Park Questions and PTR Empty Re: Dorney Park Questions and PTR

Post  Ccron10 Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:17 pm

I think Weis Markets sells them, but I don't know if they still do. What I've used before was a discount coupon the last time. You can pick those up at different fast food locations such as Wendy's, Burger King, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  FlyersFan Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:36 pm

I wouldn't expect no crowds but it will be less crowded than a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. According to the Dorney park website during the Summer Season, discounted admission tickets are available for purchase at participating ACME, Weis, Kings and Mr. Z's supermarkets. If your parents or grandparents are AAA members then they sell discounted tickets at the AAA office but not at the gate.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Crowds in the park aren't bad during the day because a majority of people are over at the waterpark. I also know a majority of fast food restaurants have discounted tickets. I know Wendy's is one of them because I'm always seeing them promote the park off and on every year.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:34 am

^ Yes wendy's for sure. Just keep your eyes open and you will find coupons. If the day you go is really hot then you won't see much of a wait when it comes to the rides during the day. Of course if it that hot you might want to be in the water park too. Have fun!
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:10 am

Alright guys thanks for the help! It should be a great trip!
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:40 am

Dorney Park here I come! probably post the PTR Friday durin the day!
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:08 am

Ok so this deffenatly isn't going to be the most structered PTR because after going two days I have completly random order pictures. Ride counts are also estiments. The weather was amazing both days, not too cold but not too hot. The second day it got just hot enough to do the waterpark which in my opinion was the worst layed out waterpark ever. It was impossable to find rides and everything was so mangled and generic you didn't even know what you were getting on. Ok on to Dorney Park!

Both days right when we got there we encounterend this. It's not an exageration when I say the ratio of school students to adults was probably about 150:1. I don't have a picture of it but the first day there were more busses there then cars.
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 047

This pretty much sums up how the crowds would be the rest of the day.
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 046

Whats in store for the day. Now that second picture was taken at about 9:45, 15min before the park opened.
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 043
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 045

If this doesn't sum up the crowds I don't know what would.
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 049

After a walk to the back of the park to start the day we got on Dominator. Its nothing special but I absolutly love drop towers and knowticed how much Hershey needs one.
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 055
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 060
    This personally might be my favorite picture.

Possessed
    This ride actully was better then my expectations after riding Wicked Twister. The vertical spine was just more thrilling and less redundant then Wicked Twister. My first ride of the day was in the front seat which is easily worth the wait on a more crowded day(me and my brother were the only two on the train). Being the very first ride of the day I had no idea of the brake on the back spike so it caught me completly off gaurd and being in the front seat made it better. The only complaint I have about this ride is the trasition into the twisting part can be slightly painful. I think Intimin should have heartlined the track around the passengers not the wheel base.
    Rating-8.1/10
    Ride count-6

Dorney Park Questions and PTR 074
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 073
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 044
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 072
    Made me laugh

Steel Force
    This was your typical Morgan Hyper but supisingly had a good bit of airtime. Ride ops who would not let you stay on for re-rides would let the lap bar very loose and provide some amazing ejector air on the last bunny hops. The bunny hops were reduculously redundant but provided some of the most fun I've ever had on a ride because it just wouldn't stop Very Happy !
    Rating-8.3/10
    Ride count-15

Dorney Park Questions and PTR 075 Rolling Eyes
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 054
    It's really hard to get pictures of this ride...

ThunderHawk
    Not really even enjoyable except for the history behind it. Don't even have any pictures of this one.

Hydra: The Revenge
    This compact B&M honestly looked like something from Hersheypark. Its unique elements, small footprint, and lack of MCBR is why. I'm actully suprised they haven't used the Jo-Jo roll again on other coasters. It was my favorite part of the ride and added the intimidation factor while waiting in the station, if there was a wait that day. I actually a ton of pictures for this ride because my brother got motion sick on Meteor and had to sit down for a while.
    Rating-8.4/10
    Ride count-11

Dorney Park Questions and PTR 065
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 058
    I really don't think this was symetrical...
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 057
    Epic fun!
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 056
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 062
    Who doesn't love 0 g's
    Dorney Park Questions and PTR 063

Talon:Grip of Fear
    This ride was easily my favorite in the park. This actully took the spot in my top 5 from Increadible Hulk and was also better then the other 6 B&M inverts I've ridded! First of all no MCBR meant nonstop action and this ride sure did that. What I truly loved was that it didn't just go from element to element like most B&M rides. The huge overbanked turn and amazingly intence helix at the end both added to the greatness of this ride. Also being generally compact you came in close encounters with supports and track and had no idea where you were going next.
    Rating-9.4
    Ride count-12

Dorney Park Questions and PTR 068-1
    Suprisingly only have one picture of Talon.

Dorney Park wasn't the biggest or best amusment park I've been to but deffenatly a fun time. It had a livley atmousphere even though themeing was nonexistant. The games were somewhat reasonable and actually played them some. Food was general amusment park food except Chickie and Petes crab fries which are great! Word to the wise, don't get tocos from the place called Just Tocos.

I leave you with the question, how on earth will this helmet fit?

Dorney Park Questions and PTR 059

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:13 pm