Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

5 posters

Kennywood Morns the Loss of one of their Employees.

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Kennywood Morns the Loss of one of their Employees. Empty Kennywood Morns the Loss of one of their Employees.

Post  Ccron10 Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:31 pm

http://kennywood.com/docs/8.5.09openletter_001.pdf

8.05.09 – Open letter to the family and friends of Heidi Overmier:
    Kennywood Team Members are shocked and deeply saddened to learn long-time colleague,
    Heidi Overmier, was among the fatalities in last night’s tragic shooting at LA Fitness.
    Heidi’s easy smile and “can do” attitude will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her.
    With energy and attention to detail Heidi touched countless lives of people associated with
    Kennywood – often behind the scenes. For instance:
    Every child purchasing a Kennywood School Picnic ticket -
    Heidi made that happen.
    In fact, everyone with an admission ticket for group sales or special event -
    Heidi made that happen.
    Every high school or college marching band participant or spectator of Kennywood’s
    annual Fall Fantasy Parade –
    Heidi made that happen.
    Everyone eagerly anticipating the custom designed Kennywood Christmas card
    Heidi made that happen.
    Everyone driving along Route 837, a.k.a. Kennywood Boulevard, enjoying the
    electronic messages (often celebrating our City of Champions!) -
    Heidi made that happen.
    Heidi’s love of life, friendship, and dedication to excellence in all areas of her life will long
    be remembered.
    On behalf of the Kennywood family, I extend our thoughts, prayers, and deepest sympathy to
    Heidi’s family, especially her son Ian.
    Jerome Gibas
    General Manager
    Kennywood Park
    4800 Kennywood Boulevard
    West Mifflin, PA 15122
    Editor’s note: Kennywood Team Members will be remembering Heidi and honoring her life
    by establishing a college fund for her son Ian. Details will be posted at
    www.kennywood.com when complete.

This is really sad news and I strangely my have traveled by this L.A. Fitness a day before this to go to a college visit while I was out there and went to Kennywood the day this happened.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Kennywood Morns the Loss of one of their Employees. Empty Re: Kennywood Morns the Loss of one of their Employees.

Post  HPCrazy Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Where is the L.A. Fitness? I read about it briefly in the paper (small article) but was just wondering on where this happened.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Kennywood Morns the Loss of one of their Employees. Empty Re: Kennywood Morns the Loss of one of their Employees.

Post  Ccron10 Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:41 pm

I don't know, but I remember seeing on TV a Carneige police car. If so, then I went through that area the day before this happened. I was also at Kennywood the day this happened.
    krosscoasters
    krosscoasters
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  krosscoasters Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:26 pm

RIP Crying or Very sad I'm sure Kennywood won't be the same without her.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 am

Sounds like this person was really involved with the park. I feel for the park and her family that this happened.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:22 am

^ It really does and I'm feeling the same. Places and businesses are never the same when they lose one of they're loyal employees who have worked there for so long and are like family.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Its sad this happend to her and the others killed. It sounds like she did a lot for the park with groups and other things.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:32 am