Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

2 posters

Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09

Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09 Empty Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09

Post  Fanatic Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 am

Sorry for the delay in putting this up. Wink (Small, didn't have my camera for everything)

So, this Thursday I went to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ. The whole drive took about 3 hours considering the traffic. Surprised Since it was a one day trip, there was no hotel staying or anything.

When I got there, the thing that stood out was of course, Kingda Ka - right when you drive through the gates! I got to park pretty close to where Superman is, and the entrance is right there.

Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09 DSCN1535
    Where the parking space was - Kingda Ka and Superman are visible, including the parachute tower. Oh, and the Great American Scream Machine.

Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09 DSCN1536
    Here's the entrance gates - almost a 30 minute wait to get tickets, then there's a little section where they scan you for suspicious items, I've never seen metal detectors in a park, only the security checking you and your bags.

Right after security, I decided to go right to Kingda Ka, (Which wound up not being the best idea- lol) You just go left and make some turns to get to the area where Kingda Ka is. I left my camera in a locker, so sorry- no pics yet. The queue line is set off so that you can see the launch, not the station, One straight part, then the rows, and then they break up the queue with the station line, where you have the choice to go over the track to the other side of the station or not, and to which one of the 4 trains. I went on the right front train.

Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09 DSCN1551
    Here's a close picture of Kingda Ka from as close as I got.
    The ride was great, like always. It's so hard to be forced against you seat, and the launch seems like forever! Then, they spray you with mist before going up the tophat. Seems like 1 second going up, but forever spiraling going down, then the airtime hill, and the ride is over.

I was about 7 trains from going on in the front seat, when the switch track stalled. They said they had "technical difficulties" and didn't send any train out for 15 minutes, then this repeated 2 more times until they got it to work, and then it was smooth sailing! (or, launching!)

Next part of PTR is coming up soon. Wink

Last edited by Fanatic on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09 Empty Re: Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09

Post  Fanatic Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:04 pm

After Kingda Ka I went to Johnny Rocket's for some food, since it was about 1 PM. (Got to the park at 10 or 11).

After that, the Great American Scream Machine. The workers at the beginning of the queue said a ten minute wait, but it was a walk-on. I wonder what it was like when the line was completely through the queue. The only line I had was to wait for the front seat, where there was one person in front of me. Three trains with about 20 passengers every 5 minutes goes fast! Most of the trains were empty. The ride was great, kind of bumpy but the inversions blew me away. Great ride, like always.

Right after that I went to Superman: Ultimate Flight. The wait was about 30 minutes, there was a hilarious ride operator and the ride was amazing. It was my first flying coaster from a few years back.

Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09 DSCN1546Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09 DSCN1547
    Two shots of the Scream Machine.

I'll probably edit this post or make another to continue. Have to leave right now.
    :l
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09 Empty Re: Six Flags Great Adevnture PTR - 8/27/09

Post  HPCrazy Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:36 pm

By the way, did it rain there that day? I ask because in your pics it looks so overcast. Nice pics by the way, especially the one from the parking lot. I wasn't overly impressed (and still am) with this park at all and that was back in 1995.

You also mentioned about how you never saw metal detectors in a park, Kings Island and Kings Dominion both have them. The ones at Kings Island went smoothly for me with my cameras and all when I was there two weeks ago. I think more parks (like Hershey and WDW) just have a bag check and that's it. You don't see hardly any metal detectors (I could be wrong though) but they are out and about.

Can't wait to read more and maybe see some more pics!
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Nope, it didn't rain until I got home. Heavy overcast but no rain. I'm not completely impressed but I do like their coasters. Like I said, I love a park with theming and nice atmosphere, and this didn't have as much, but still some.

I just walked through the metal detectors with no problem except having to take off my watch and open my camera bag.

Sorry for the PTR delay, been busy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:26 am