Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+8
HersheyParkGuy
Fanatic
CoasterBGW
FlyersFan
pushingbuttons
woozybear
HPCrazy
Ccron10
12 posters

Hersheypark:Springtime in the Park 2011 Thread

FlyersFan
    FlyersFan
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Hersheypark:Springtime in the Park 2011 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Hersheypark:Springtime in the Park 2011 Thread

Post  FlyersFan Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:30 pm

I don't worry about the weather because I have a season pass. If it rains then I just go home no big loss because it's only a short 10 minute drive. That said hopefully it's just cloudy. I was there yesterday afternoon and it just kind of drizzled which wasn't bad except it closed storm runner and fahrenheit. It's supposed to be a decent temperature so I will keep my fingers crossed about the rain.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark:Springtime in the Park 2011 Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Hersheypark:Springtime in the Park 2011 Thread

Post  Ccron10 Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:11 pm

FlyersFan wrote:I don't worry about the weather because I have a season pass. If it rains then I just go home no big loss because it's only a short 10 minute drive. That said hopefully it's just cloudy. I was there yesterday afternoon and it just kind of drizzled which wasn't bad except it closed storm runner and fahrenheit. It's supposed to be a decent temperature so I will keep my fingers crossed about the rain.
    I know Fahrenheit remianed closed all day, but suprisingly they opened up Storm Runner for about an hour or so.
    For most of the day, almost all the rides stayed open, but around 4 or 5pm it started sleeting (I was riding Wildcat at the moment and it hurt) and the park went to a Phase 1. This is when they close all coasters for moderate to heavy rain (could someone elaborate on what the other Phases mean and when they happen?). This only lasted not even a half hour, then it was back to normal and Storm Runner opened.
    EDIT: They're calling for scattered T' Storms tomorrow, so it shouldn't be a big problem. Now if it was like last Saturday, then it wouldn't be worth staying.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Ccron10 wrote:
    FlyersFan wrote:I don't worry about the weather because I have a season pass. If it rains then I just go home no big loss because it's only a short 10 minute drive. That said hopefully it's just cloudy. I was there yesterday afternoon and it just kind of drizzled which wasn't bad except it closed storm runner and fahrenheit. It's supposed to be a decent temperature so I will keep my fingers crossed about the rain.
    I know Fahrenheit remianed closed all day, but suprisingly they opened up Storm Runner for about an hour or so.
    For most of the day, almost all the rides stayed open, but around 4 or 5pm it started sleeting (I was riding Wildcat at the moment and it hurt) and the park went to a Phase 1. This is when they close all coasters for moderate to heavy rain (could someone elaborate on what the other Phases mean and when they happen?). This only lasted not even a half hour, then it was back to normal and Storm Runner opened.
    EDIT: They're calling for scattered T' Storms tomorrow, so it shouldn't be a big problem. Now if it was like last Saturday, then it wouldn't be worth staying.

I left yesterday around 3:30. I was only there for about 2 hours. I just decided to stop in on the way home. It was a split decision to say the least. I was happy I did though because I got to ride sidewinder, wildcat and lightning racer with very little wait. The longest was for sidewinder. I won't even go if it's like last Saturday so I hope it's just cloudy.
    Bigcoaster95
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Bigcoaster95 Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Well we can only hope. I live 2 hours away and I'm not a season pass holder so I'm still debating to go or not. I'm leaning on going though.
    Bigcoaster95
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Bigcoaster95 Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:38 am

Just about to head out to the park. I'll try and get some pictures of the new Sidewinder trains and hopefully the construction site.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:39 am

It's beautiful out but the radar shows a quick shower around 11:30 but then nice until much later in the day. I will be Hershey park happy today for awhile anyway.
    Bigcoaster95
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Bigcoaster95 Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Just got back. Weather was wonderful. Still hate sidewinder though.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:10 pm

I got back about an hour ago. It was the best day at STITP by far for me anyway. I walked right on storm runner, Fahrenheit, sidewinder and great bear. I didn't wait for anything for more than 10 minutes and that was the reese's extreme cup challenge at the end of the day. It was beautiful weather and crowds were very low which was nice. We were only there for 4 hours and I got on the 5 rides I wanted to and my son got on most of the kiddie rides some twice. We were home in time for the Flyers game (not a good subject at the moment)
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:59 pm

I've been hearing bad things about that new Smokehouse. Besides the prices being too steep (after I got a glimpse of them last week), I'm not too sure about checking it out now. I hope they do clean up their act though, it's the beginning of a new season so there's still hope (except the prices though) . Sounds like it was better when it was Freeman's. I do hope to try some different places this year though with my season pass discount.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:03 pm

The new smokehouse smells so good though. Having said that I think the prices are a bit steep. I will be taking my portable gas grill and cooking in the parking lot. Or just leaving and going to wendy's or subway. I am not paying 5.50 for a 6 inch sub in the park.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Does anyone know whete the picnic tables near the arena are? Where would be the best place to have a picnic lunch when parked in the season pass/prefered lot? I saw they open the stadium for that on certain days, too bad it isn't the field they open. I would love to sit on the field to have a picnic. Is the best place under the stadium or wherever the arena picnic tables are?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:41 pm

^I think the picnic tables are on the roof of the Season Pass building (the old Museum entrance).
    That Smokehouse is a rip-off. I paid around $15 for a cold beef sandwich, mac & cheese which tasted like it had no cheese, and some good texas taters and a drink refill that cost the same as a medium soda. I was better off eating at Gourmet Grill.

Bigcoaster95 wrote:Just got back. Weather was wonderful. Still hate sidewinder though.
    Please elaborate. Did you sit with your head away from the headrest?
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:01 pm

^ Thanks, thats where I will go unless its really hot. I have no clue how someone could still hate the sidewinder. Its 100% better to me.
    Bigcoaster95
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Bigcoaster95 Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:28 am

I sat away from the head rest. It is better but i still came off feeling a bit sick. But that has happened on every boomerang I have ridden, so I probably just hate going backwards.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:14 pm

^ I know a good bit of people that don't like sidewinder specifically because it goes backwards so that is very understandable. I like that park of the ride though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:50 pm