Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+17
Hockey9
Kozmo 1
coasteral
BrandonStrouphauer
PSUPrincess22
Coast
FlyersFan
chris921
rascalflatts
hpinsane
The Storm Runner
gardener14
HPCrazy
Fanatic
Ccron10
ChiefRedskin89
Stormwinder
21 posters

Hersheypark: 2011 Season Thread

Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark: 2011 Season Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Hersheypark: 2011 Season Thread

Post  Fanatic Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:38 pm

gardener14 wrote:I agree that the atmosphere of Hersheypark surpasses most traditional amusement and theme parks including other national chains. Hersheypark has a welcoming family feel that most other major parks simply don't have. It's evident in the cleanliness, the landscaping, the emphasis on the overall experience over "thrills," the abundance of high quality live entertainment, and the presence of adjacent attractions such as Chocolate World, ZooAmerica, Hershey Gardens, and the new Hershey Story Museum. Theming may not be the right word for the atmospehere that I'm describing, but whatever you call it, that atmosphere is what keeps my family returning year after year. It's one of the few parks (BGW being another) that appeals to my entire family of varied ages and interests, but even BGW has declined in the live entertainment department lately. Hersheypark, while not inexpensive, also treats its customers right and makes me feel welcome with its policies and service while other chains leave me feeling ripped off at times with nickel and diming and poor service.
    That's exactly what I was saying/trying to say.
    Hersheypark has a welcoming family feel that most other major parks simply don't have. It's evident in the cleanliness, the landscaping, the emphasis on the overall experience over "thrills," the abundance of high quality live entertainment, and the presence of adjacent attractions such as Chocolate World, ZooAmerica, Hershey Gardens, and the new Hershey Story Museum. Theming may not be the right word for the atmospehere that I'm describing, but whatever you call it, that atmosphere is what keeps my family returning year after year.
    That was well put. I feel the same way with this.

The colors of rides, the styles of props, or the music that's playing sure are parts of theming. And maybe Hersheypark doesn't have them 100% perfect. Other parks may put more emphasis on that, but that's only one side of it.
    Theming, like I also said, might not be the right word for it, but the atmosphere is definitely there. Sure, other parks may have it too, but HP does it someway special. I wouldn't go back to HP if I didn't feel like this was true. It's not just the material things of a park, such as the 'thrills' and extreme rides, but it's how you execute it and do it in your own way. It's the experience that makes it count, and Hersheypark definitely offers a great one.

gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Hersheypark: 2011 Season Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Hersheypark: 2011 Season Thread

Post  gardener14 Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Fanatic, I'm happy that we share the same feelings about the park. I think it's called "Hersheypark Happy," and since the park coined that phrase themselves, I'm confident that they are well aware of this and use it to their advantage. That's a good thing, and it's what worries me most if The Hershey Company or Hershey Entertainment ever underwent a change of managment or structure.

Let me share another little story that exemplifies me respect for Hersheypark. I visited on the second to last day of Hersheypark Christmas Candylane. I had wanted to purchase a refillable mug with the Christmas design, but I didn't really need to refill it at the park. I just wanted the mug as a souvenir to reuse at home. Instead of carrying it around, I waited until the end of the day planning to purchase one on the way out. Unfortunately, every restaurant I could find, from the Skyride all the way to the entrance, was out of them. I tried the Hospitality Center, but they closed their doors for the night just as I was approaching it. The park was closed at that time, and I was leaving for home the next morning. I almost left without buying one until I thought to ask at Guest Relations if they could help me. I thought they might have some for sale. An extremely professional and kind woman listened to my situation, made some phone calls, asked me to wait for a reuturn call, asked me how many I wanted, then told me someone was bringing one to the front of the park for me. She invited me inside where I waited out of the cold in a very comfortable reception area with a photograph of Milton Hershey on the wall. After several minutes another professional and kind man brought me a mug, apologized for the trouble, and gave it to me free of charge. I explained to the gentleman how my family has been visiting from New England for 16 years, and how much I appreciated his help. Now that's what I call incredible customer service. I was glad that Milton Hershey was almost litterally looking on during that moment.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 pm

That sounds like it was a great experience, and it only shows more of how friendly and welcoming Hersheypark can be.
    I have had similar instances like that, but most are memories that I always look back and smile on since they are always in my head when I thin about HP. If I remember one, I will try and post it, Wink .
    Hersheypark Happy! Very Happy
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Definitely not out of the ones I've been to. Hersheypark is up there on my list, although I have not been to many major parks to be honest. I'm sure when I visit other parks other than local ones, that will change. I agree with what everyone is saying, but on a personal standpoint, HP has decent theming, yet that isn't the main point I was trying to make. Smile
    -I also had more recent posts that sort of clarify what I was trying to say in that one.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:41 pm

According to the park's Facebook page, Tudor Grill is getting a complete makeover. Three rooms on the interior - the Carrousel Room, Coaster Room and Character Room will be part of the overhaul and will have a three-dimensional look. They're having a "naming game" going on over there....my choices were "Hersheypark Grill", "Hersheypark Cafe" and "Parkside Grille". Not sure if a winner will be chosen though but it will be interesting to see what the changes will look like come the new season.

Also, I believe knowit/HPinsane stated in the past that there were other improvements happening that were supposed to happen last year but were pushed back because of the blizzards. Do any of you two know if any of these projects are being put to the table for 2011? I didn't see the Tudor Grill change coming, so that was a surprise. I wonder if that's a sign that the park's entrance won't be moving for awhile.

Last edited by HPCrazy on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:43 pm

From a post on Hersheypark's Facebook Page:
    The Tudor Grill (outside of the front gate) will be getting a major overhaul this year and we’d like your help renaming it! The 3 interior rooms will be themed a Character room, a Carrousel Room, and a Coaster room. Many of the elements will be 3 dimensional. What would be the perfect name for this triple themed restaurant that is unique to Hersheypark?
    Looks like we've found out one improvement happening for the 2011 season. If you have any suggestions for names, post them on their facebook page because it could be one of your suggestions!

Personally, I have never ate at the Tudor Grill before, but I did think about it a few times, but never got around to it.
    hpinsane
    hpinsane
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  hpinsane Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:27 pm

HPCrazy wrote:According to the park's Facebook page, Tudor Grill is getting a complete makeover. Three rooms on the interior - the Carrousel Room, Coaster Room and Character Room will be part of the overhaul and will have a three-dimensional look. They're having a "naming game" going on over there....my choices were "Hersheypark Grill", "Hersheypark Cafe" and "Parkside Grille". Not sure if a winner will be chosen though but it will be interesting to see what the changes will look like come the new season.

Also, I believe knowit/HPinsane stated in the past that there were other improvements happening that were supposed to happen last year but were pushed back because of the blizzards. Do any of you two know if any of these projects are being put to the table for 2011? I didn't see the Tudor Grill change coming, so that was a surprise. I wonder if that's a sign that the park's entrance won't be moving for awhile.

The Tudor Grill change was more of a recent development. As for other projects, I think a lot of projects planned for the 2010 season have been postponed "indefinitely." We might see one or two done for this season, but it really depends on the weather this year. So far, it's been tough with these repeated snow storms.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:23 pm

After visiting the park last week for the interview, here's what I've noticed and what we will see for 2011:
    -Ferris Wheel rehabbed.
    -Hersheypark Kids in Rhineland being refurbished.
    -Comet being re-tracked between the first and second turnaround (and maybe more).
    -Tudor Grill being renovated into a new themed restaurant.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Is the Comet retracking idea new or did I somehow miss that? Also you saying for Attraction 2012 or because of roughness or weather?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:32 pm

ChiefRedskin89 wrote:Is the Comet retracking idea new or did I somehow miss that? Also you saying for Attraction 2012 or because of roughness or weather?
    It almost always gets re-tracked each offseason.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Now that I think about it I might have heard that before. Seems like a rather tedious job doing it every off season.
    chris921
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Hersheypark: 2011 Season Thread - Page 2 Empty New for 2011?

Post  chris921 Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:27 pm

So...is Hershey going another season with nothing new? They really need some additional flat rides - 2011 would be a great year to add a few new flats. Anyone know of anything going on for 2011??
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Welcome to Keystone Thrills,
    Because we already have a 2011 thread going, I merged your topic with the 2011 season thread.

There are no plans for any new rides for the 2011 season, but the park does have a few improvements in-store this season. One of them is the retheming of Tudor Grill and a few of the shops are being renovated.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Welcome to the site!

It does seem like this year will be another in-between season. Hopefully we'll get some good information on the 2012 attraction as the season progresses, though.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:13 pm

I don't mind them not doing much this year because I have a feeling the new ride for next year will blow us all away. At least I hope it does.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Freeman's Texas BBQ has been removed from some of the food lists on the main site and in it's place is Spring Creek Smokehouse.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Hersheypark: 2011 Season Thread - Page 2 205088_1887588062938_1038519439_2212736_6795862_n
    Looks like we know what Tudor Grille is going to be called for the 2011 season. Not a bad logo and while I didn't get a good look inside, there doesn't seem to be any activity for it. I'm guessing that everything is set for it to open in May.
    I should have a longer update posted soon!
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:23 pm

I don't think it's scheduled to be open during STITP. They only open it during the summer, Halloween and Christmas.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 pm

It seems like half of Falcon has disappeared. As you can see in this photo I took, it doesn't look good on it opening for Spring.
    Hersheypark: 2011 Season Thread - Page 2 215273_1893943301815_1038519439_2221705_3761021_n
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Hmm...that's strange. As of now (4/15) it is still listed under the STITP but it doesn't look very hopeful, obviously.
    Coast
    Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Coast Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Fanatic wrote:I'd probably stick with the 3-day flex. I tend to get the most out of it anyway. I'm thinking of trying that deal where you can go the night before and get something off for the next day (not sure what it is called). A season pass might work for this year. Smile
    The park preview is what you're talking about. If you purchase a One-Day ticket the night before at the park gate (either at 7:00PM or 7:30PM., I can't remember the exact time), you are admitted into the park to enjoy the rest of the night. My family does it every year, it's a great thing to take advantage of. There is no discount, however like you posted.

It helps if you want to hit the Boardwalk (which you have to do first thing at opening) because you can hit the major coasters that night.
    PSUPrincess22
    PSUPrincess22
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  PSUPrincess22 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Coast wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:I'd probably stick with the 3-day flex. I tend to get the most out of it anyway. I'm thinking of trying that deal where you can go the night before and get something off for the next day (not sure what it is called). A season pass might work for this year. Smile
    The park preview is what you're talking about. If you purchase a One-Day ticket the night before at the park gate (either at 7:00PM or 7:30PM., I can't remember the exact time), you are admitted into the park to enjoy the rest of the night. My family does it every year, it's a great thing to take advantage of. There is no discount, however like you posted.

It helps if you want to hit the Boardwalk (which you have to do first thing at opening) because you can hit the major coasters that night.

If the park is open till 10 or 11 its 730 and i would recommend getting there early so you dont waste your time waiting to get into the park.
    Just a tip for you!
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:02 am

HPCrazy wrote:I thought this may be a good topic to discuss what our thoughts would be regarding changes/additions for the upcoming 2011 season instead of talking about it in the 2012 thread. Here are my thoughts:

-Attraction 2012 announcement August 2nd, 2011.
    -Major 2012 construction in Comet Hollow and around the Comet.
    -Tilt-A-Whirl possibly being relocated to another area.
    -Rodeo/Twister possibly returning if HERCO has full ownership of the ride and wants it back because of DW sale.
    -Ferris Wheel motor replacement/possibly LED light installation (still questioning the second one though)
    -Minor additions upgrades.
    -Spring Creek Smokehouse (formerly Freeman's Texas BBQ).

Any ideas/thoughts that you may have regarding this topic, feel free to discuss about them here.

--Wait, where/when/how did you hear the announcement will be August, 2nd??
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:46 am

Chris and I were given that date when we did the WGAL interview back in March. That's the only specific information that we were given.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:16 pm

belo777 wrote:
    HPCrazy wrote:I thought this may be a good topic to discuss what our thoughts would be regarding changes/additions for the upcoming 2011 season instead of talking about it in the 2012 thread. Here are my thoughts:

-Attraction 2012 announcement August 2nd, 2011.
    -Major 2012 construction in Comet Hollow and around the Comet.
    -Tilt-A-Whirl possibly being relocated to another area.
    -Rodeo/Twister possibly returning if HERCO has full ownership of the ride and wants it back because of DW sale.
    -Ferris Wheel motor replacement/possibly LED light installation (still questioning the second one though)
    -Minor additions upgrades.
    -Spring Creek Smokehouse (formerly Freeman's Texas BBQ).

Any ideas/thoughts that you may have regarding this topic, feel free to discuss about them here.

--Wait, where/when/how did you hear the announcement will be August, 2nd??
    Well, that's what it was back in March. It wouldn't shock me if it gets moved around a day or two.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:53 pm

True, that's what they did with Fahrenheit as a matter of fact. I think it was announced earlier than originally scheduled.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri May 13, 2011 12:50 am

Here's the interior of of the Coaster Room of Hersheypark Place.
    Hersheypark: 2011 Season Thread - Page 2 229006_1953596673112_1038519439_2306058_4058034_n
    It was pretty good. I ended up being the only person when I was served. Food was great and you got what you paid for. I think my favorite room is the Carousel Room.
    coasteral

Post  coasteral Fri May 13, 2011 8:22 am

What are the prices like at the Hersheypark Place???? Also how did it come about that HP is thinking of taking Back the rodeo That was once theres???
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri May 13, 2011 10:00 am

They aren't taking back the Rodeo. Chris emailed DW and asked about it and they told him that it was closed earlier for winter maintenance due to colder weather conditions I think. So yeah, it's still running good as new at DW today.
    coasteral

Post  coasteral Fri May 13, 2011 3:03 pm

OK Just making sure Smile
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Fri May 13, 2011 9:43 pm

I just got back from the park today and all I can really say is WOW holy freaking middle school music classes. Towards 6 it wasn't bad but before that the lines were pretty bad. After 6 I walked right on Lightning Racer, Sidewinder, SooperDooperLooper and waited just a few minutes for the Comet. From what I saw the lines for other stuff wasn't bad either. It was overall a great day. Ferris Wheel still isn't open but was testing most of the day. I think I am going to go back tomorrow to see Billy Ocean (Carribean Queen and Get Outta My Dreams and into my car) If it don't rain of course.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat May 14, 2011 12:10 am

Ccron10 wrote:Here's the interior of of the Coaster Room of Hersheypark Place.
    [photo]

I like the look of Hersheypark Place. It definitely captures some of the feel of Hershey. I haven't been there myself, but how are the outside eating areas compared to the different rooms inside?
    Kozmo 1
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Kozmo 1 Fri May 27, 2011 12:58 pm

I was pretty dissapointed on my first trip when I walked up to get Freeman's BBQ and it was changed over to an in-house run stand. I always thought Freeman's was the best park food anywhere even better than anything at Knoebels, anyone know why they changed it? Did Freeman's just want out? Or did Hershey just want to run their own stand?

I tried the beef sub, mac and cheese and Texas Taters I always use to get, but everything was different and not near as good as it use to be Sad

Otherwise nice first visit of the year.

Also as far as 2012 and the Tilt-A-Whirl...I really hope they do relocate it if infact the station is going in that area. Really don't want to see them down another flat ride, really wish they could add another small ride along with the coaster too. What are the chances? They did it with Farenheit.
    Hockey9
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  Hockey9 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:23 am

Hey guys, how busy do you think the park will be tomorrow (Friday)? Typically avoid Fridays, but with work and everything that's our only option, hopefully it's not too bad since it's still early June.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:36 am

Hockey9 wrote:Hey guys, how busy do you think the park will be tomorrow (Friday)? Typically avoid Fridays, but with work and everything that's our only option, hopefully it's not too bad since it's still early June.
    I'd expect it to moderately full with a lot of school groups. Lightning Racer could have a 0 to 15 minute wait, Great Bear could have a 15 to 30 minute wait, strangely Comet may have a 0 to 15 minute wait because I went a few weeks ago on a Thursday and the line barely went down the ramp. Fahrenheit and Storm Runner should have the biggest waits (maybe around a 1/2 hr, give or take). As for the Boardwalk it shouldn't be horrible. Wink
    Hockey9
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  Hockey9 Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Ccron10 wrote:
    Hockey9 wrote:Hey guys, how busy do you think the park will be tomorrow (Friday)? Typically avoid Fridays, but with work and everything that's our only option, hopefully it's not too bad since it's still early June.
    I'd expect it to moderately full with a lot of school groups. Lightning Racer could have a 0 to 15 minute wait, Great Bear could have a 15 to 30 minute wait, strangely Comet may have a 0 to 15 minute wait because I went a few weeks ago on a Thursday and the line barely went down the ramp. Fahrenheit and Storm Runner should have the biggest waits (maybe around a 1/2 hr, give or take). As for the Boardwalk it shouldn't be horrible. Wink

Wow that's all? I was expecting much worse wait times haha.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Saturday will probably be the busiest day this weekend. The first Sunday isn't bad either, as to why I've been going that day for years (including this year). Hope things work out for you.
    coasteral

Post  coasteral Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Going to HP this sunday with HP Crazy and freinds.
    Smile Very Happy
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:57 pm

Went to the park this evening and saw two "new" good things and one somewhat bad thing.

Good:
    -Remember those dragster-like christmas tree lights that hang on the wall that add to the racing theme on Lightning Racer? Ever since I first rode it in 2006 I've never seen them light up when the train is dispatched like it supposedly was when it first opened. Well, the great thing is that they were using them this evening everytime a train was dispatched. Also along the same lines was the "gentilemen, start your engines" recorded narration which is currently being used as well.

-More misting fans are being added to Fahrenheit's queue and I can tell that they will be a great relief for those guests waiting in line on those hot and humid days. The breeze was really strong.

The Good/Bad
    -While this has been this way for the last few weeks, they have taken away the big band theming music to Midway America. Personally, I liked it, but it doesn't bother me now that it's gone. I'd rather listen to Coldplay over some 1920's waltze, but that's just me. Razz
    This leaves us with Pioneer being the only area left with music to fit it's theme.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:13 am

Ccron10 wrote:
    -While this has been this way for the last few weeks, they have taken away the big band theming music to Midway America. Personally, I liked it, but it doesn't bother me now that it's gone. I'd rather listen to Coldplay over some 1920's waltze, but that's just me. Razz
    This leaves us with Pioneer being the only area left with music to fit it's theme.

I also took notice to this change when we were there on the 5th. Wasn't it just the Boardwalk music that was piped in throughout the whole area? During STITP and even on opening day, they had the big band music playing. I don't know what's up with the change. I guess I can take it or leave it.

By the way, wouldn't it be both the Boardwalk and Pioneer Frontier that currently play the most accurate music? Wink
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Boardwalk and the Frontier have the most relevant music to their themes. Midway was nice with its music, but I agree with you - it's not such a big deal that they stopped playing it. So, are they just playing generic music or are Boardwalk tunes covering most of the area?
    I really like the update about Lightning Racer. It's great to have even the little things working - it adds some feel to the theme. Are the monitors working yet? I know they aren't on continuously, but sometimes I never see them working.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:20 am

Fanatic wrote:Boardwalk and the Frontier have the most relevant music to their themes. Midway was nice with its music, but I agree with you - it's not such a big deal that they stopped playing it. So, are they just playing generic music or are Boardwalk tunes covering most of the area?
    I really like the update about Lightning Racer. It's great to have even the little things working - it adds some feel to the theme. Are the monitors working yet? I know they aren't on continuously, but sometimes I never see them working.
    Pardon my cluelessness, but what monitors are you talking about? scratch

As far as the dragster lights, they were working again tonight, but their timing was way off (my train was pulling into the station when they started flashing). I agree, the little stuff adds up in a big way as far as theming goes IMO.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:24 am

Ccron10 wrote:Pardon my cluelessness, but what monitors are you talking about? scratch
    I think he's referring to the queue line monitors, the ones that you mentioned about playing the Sweet Memories video last year.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:19 am

HPCrazy wrote:
    Ccron10 wrote:Pardon my cluelessness, but what monitors are you talking about? scratch
    I think he's referring to the queue line monitors, the ones that you mentioned about playing the Sweet Memories video last year.
    Oh ok. The monitors are still gone and it wouldn't shock me if they don't return since most of them never really worked correctly in the first place.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:07 am

Were they gone? I never really took notice. I'll have to check on my next visit. Glad they finally got the racing lights working though as well as the other little tidbits that you mentioned.
    HPfangirl4life
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  HPfangirl4life Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Chris pointed out the missing monitors in mid May when we were there. I totally missed the racing lights in action last night...I was too excited about my train winning (Chris was on the opposing train)!

As for music theming...half the time the Boardwalk now plays more pop tunes. They are from the 80s and 90s with surf music thrown in every once in a while. Pioneer is the only area with heavy theming music wise. As much as I hated it then, I wish they would bring back the Pennsylvania Polk music to Rhineland.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:16 pm

That was one thing I always looked forward to on each trip...Tudor Square and Rhineland's themed music. I was saddened when it was dropped. I feel that Rhineland really lost its charm when that occurred.
    pushingbuttons
    pushingbuttons
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  pushingbuttons Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:27 am

The monitors are still there and working. The tree lights are started by the operator whenever the operator wants to start them. Same goes for the start your engines speech.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:00 pm

Yep, I was referring to the queue line monitors - sprry about that. I never really watched anything they were showing since the line was never long enough, except maybe the first 2 years or so after LR was added.
    ^ If they are removed or not, I really don't miss them that much. I do miss the Rhineland music. The scenery there is great, but the music no longer matches. Neutral
    Jeter1186
    Jeter1186
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  Jeter1186 Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Im at hershey right now and as of today the moniters are gone on the lightning racer

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:31 pm