Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

3 posters

TR: Hersheypark 8/30

HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

TR: Hersheypark 8/30 Empty TR: Hersheypark 8/30

Post  HPCrazy Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:55 pm

Had a wonderful day at Hersheypark today. Was expecting intense crowds. Crowd levels were high but not like what I was expecting. Nice cool, comfortable weather all day. Took pics, but nothing manageble for a PTR. This trip was just a nice, relaxing trip, no concerns of pic taking or video recording. Just taking in the park atmosphere was the big thing of this trip. We managed to get most of our rides in, although there were a few exceptions: Comet and Storm Runner (which was running both sides of the station). More on that later.

Ride count for the day:
    -Fahrenheit (just me - 1x)
    -Great Bear (1x)
    -Coal Cracker (2x)
    -Tilt-A-Whirl (1x)
    -Wave Swinger (1x)
    -Reese's X-treme Cup (2x - once with Alex and the second by myself)
    -Monorail (1x)
    -Howler (1x)
    -Wild Mouse (1x)
    -Wildcat (2x)
    -Lightning Racer/Lightning side (1x)
    -Whip (1x)
    -Dry Gulch Railroad (1x)
    -Skyview (1x)
    -Flying Falcon (1x)
    -Kissing Tower (2x)
    -sooperdooperLooper (1x)
    -Starship (1x)
    -Scrambler (1x)

The deal with Storm Runner was that they didn't do their daily morning test run when I got to the ride, thus is was closed for awhile. This was after going directly to the ride after Fahrenheit (around 10:30). Comet's line was full in the later part of the morning, or around noon, but died off to the first switchback before the ramp. This would've been manageble, but we wanted to hit Scramble and Starship before we left so we figured that we rode it twice back in June and we'll be riding it again at HP in the Dark.

Later when we rode Dry Gulch, Storm Runner's line was down the stairs, through that small switchback (before the stairs), beginning at the base of the station. I've ridden this in the past with a managable line of about the same length and both sides of the station running and the wait wasn't too bad. I decided to pass since we want to get some flats in and figuring that I've rode it back in June and will be again in October at HP in the Dark.

sooperdooperLooper was also running one train in the morning through noontime, thus causing a major bottleneck having a line extending out the entrance. We skipped it and came back later, only to find two trains now running, which completely killed the line. Thus we walked right in and waited about three cycles for the front seat. Not bad there, I was glad they finally got the second train running.

Overall, good day. Like I did say, I was expecting alot more people but was amazed at how much we rode considering the amount of people there. We're both ready for HP in the Dark this October, as well as the opprotunity of possibly meeting up with some of you there for the Keystone Thrills meet-up, once we can really get that moving along.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

TR: Hersheypark 8/30 Empty Re: TR: Hersheypark 8/30

Post  Fanatic Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:28 pm

Great TR, seems like you had fun and rode a lot of rides considering. Good that you got a trip to HP in - I hate missing out on a trip there. Neutral lol
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:40 pm

great TR as always! I'm suprised about SDL's line I haven't ever seen it with a line at all, even on the most crowded days.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:29 pm

That was because there was only one train running. Ride operations seemed to stink for that ride as I hardly seen the train going around. Once the second train began running, the line completely died.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:49 am