Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+8
Fanatic
ChiefRedskin89
trumpetplayer105
tatertot3710
Stormwinder
hpinsane
HPCrazy
Ccron10
12 posters

Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10 Empty Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10

Post  Ccron10 Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:29 pm

2010 Springtime In The Park
    Friday - Sunday - April 2, 3 & 4
    Saturday & Sunday - April 10 & 11

Admission is $23.95 per person for one day admission.

The rides list has not been released yet, but with them putting Fahrenheit on the webpage, I'm guessing that they might be hinting that they might open it up this year (if they aren't behind on their inspection schedule).

Last edited by Ccron10 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:15 am; edited 3 times in total
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10 Empty Re: Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10

Post  HPCrazy Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:33 pm

I still think we should have a site meet-up for this event. There are more days available to do so. Even if it is small, it would be nice to put faces behind the names.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10 Empty Re: Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10

Post  Ccron10 Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Springtime Ride List is up.
    Springtime In The Park Rides List*

FOUNDER'S CIRCLE
    Carrousel
    Balloon Flite (kiddie)
    Dinosaur-Go-Round
    Starship America
    Helicopters (kiddie)
    Mini Himalaya (kiddie)
    Scrambler
    Space Age (kiddie)
    Tiny Tracks-Presented by Amtrak (kiddie)
    Traffic Jam (kiddie)

MUSIC BOX WAY
    Bizzy Bees (kiddie)
    Dizzy Drums (kiddie)
    Fender Bender-Presented by Geico
    Ladybug (kiddie)
    Capital BlueCross Monorail
    Pirate
    Skyview
    Mini Pirate-Presented by Indian Echo Cavern(kiddie)
    Swing Thing (kiddie)
    Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge

MINETOWN
    Convoy (kiddie)
    Flying Falcon
    Frog Hopper
    Great Bear
    Kissing Tower
    Red Baron (kiddie)
    Twin Turnpike Sunoco Classic Cars
    Twin Turnpike Sunoco Speedway

PIONEER FRONTIER
    The Howler
    Storm Runner
    Fahrenheit
    Sidewinder
    Trailblazer
    Dry Gulch Railroad
    Mini Scrambler (kiddie)
    Frontier Flyers
    Livery Stables (kiddie)
    The Claw

COMET HOLLOW
    Comet
    Wave Swinger
    Tilt-A-Whirl
    SooperDooperLooper

*Weather permitting. Rides, particularly roller coasters, may be subject to late openings and/or early closures in the event of unseasonably cold temperatures.

I guess it's settled then. Fahrenheit and Storm Runner will be opening this year. Now I'm going to have to decide which day to go on.
    hpinsane
    hpinsane
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  hpinsane Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:41 pm

From my understanding, the reason why Storm Runner and Fahrenheit didn't open on time last year was due to the trains being stuck in Germany because Intamin didn't properly follow the process to have them shipped back to the United States.

As a result of the error (yes, they're sent to Intamin in Germany) they went to the wrong port of call to leave Europe. The paper work was wrong, so the trains were stuck in Europe until well into the spring.

I can't imagine they would have a repeat of that problem this year.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:46 pm

That's what I heard. Glad that they're open. I hope I can make it out this year again before our summer trip in June.

I don't know why we can never get a meet-up together. I'd love to do something like that sometime this year. With alot of us local, I could never understand why we could never work it out, like alot of the other sites that successfully do it.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:49 pm

hpinsane wrote:From my understanding, the reason why Storm Runner and Fahrenheit didn't open on time last year was due to the trains being stuck in Germany because Intamin didn't properly follow the process to have them shipped back to the United States.

As a result of the error (yes, they're sent to Intamin in Germany) they went to the wrong port of call to leave Europe. The paper work was wrong, so the trains were stuck in Europe until well into the spring.

I can't imagine they would have a repeat of that problem this year.
    They wern't having any trouble with Storm Runner's trains because they are all at the service center when I job shadowed. By that time, most of the cars wern't even taken apart yet and were sitting on their dollies. They were also cleaning the brake fins individually as well, which given how many there are for the launch and brake run, is many.

As for Fahrenheit, yes, the trains were over in Europe, but some of the pieces for the cars remained at the park such as the wheel assembilies and one of the noses for the lead car.

The real reason from what it seems was the mix-up with the Fahrenheit trains as well as being behind schedule inspecting Storm Runner.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Weren't Fahrenheit's trains still in the station at the beginning of December of 08? I thought you mentioned that when you went last year around that time.
    hpinsane
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 pm

Ccron10 wrote:They wern't having any trouble with Storm Runner's trains because they are all at the service center when I job shadowed. By that time, most of the cars wern't even taken apart yet and were sitting on their dollies. They were also cleaning the brake fins individually as well, which given how many there are for the launch and brake run, is many.

As for Fahrenheit, yes, the trains were over in Europe, but some of the pieces for the cars remained at the park such as the wheel assembilies and one of the noses for the lead car.

The real reason from what it seems was the mix-up with the Fahrenheit trains as well as being behind schedule inspecting Storm Runner.

It was Storm Runner's trains that had the overseas issues. There was improper paperwork and United States Customs wouldn't let the trains into the country without proper validated paperwork. Fahrenheit ended up behind schedule because the concern was with Storm Runner not even being in operation. As a result, Fahrenheit ended up having to run test hours into June. Not exactly sure why Fahrenheit lagged, other than concern about Storm Runner simply distracted persons in the park from working on Fahrenheit. That's the story as I understand it as of very recently.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Fahrenheit was operating by June of last year. Alex and I went the first Sunday of the month and it was my first ride of the day. Storm Runner opened a week or two before that.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am

So you're saying that both of fahrenheit's and storm runner's trains were shipped back to the factory? If so, then it doesn't make sense. When I saw the maintenance dept. I clearly saw them doing their yearly rehab work on the storm runner's trains including with one of the cars down to it's bear frame. Being taken apart at the park, then being shipped over to Europe just to technically do the same thing would be a waste of time.
    Fahrenheit's trains were the ones shipped overseas, not Storm Runner's. I know because I am almost 100% sure I asked that question while I was there.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Storm Runner did stay. Fahrenheit was in Europe. I think it was Switzerland to be exact. Fahrenheit was not open during STITP, but was open the whole summer/fall season. Storm Runner was closed during STITP and did not open until the end of May due to maintenance work.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Ccron10 wrote:So you're saying that both of fahrenheit's and storm runner's trains were shipped back to the factory? If so, then it doesn't make sense. When I saw the maintenance dept. I clearly saw them doing their yearly rehab work on the storm runner's trains including with one of the cars down to it's bear frame. Being taken apart at the park, then being shipped over to Europe just to technically do the same thing would be a waste of time.
    Fahrenheit's trains were the ones shipped overseas, not Storm Runner's. I know because I am almost 100% sure I asked that question while I was there.

Storm Runner wasn't shipped, just Fahrenheit. You had the proof with the pics you took inside the shop. I also remember you pointing out that they mentioned to you about Fahrenheit's trains being shipped back overseas to the factory to be worked on. I'm not sure if they were in the station at STITP last year or not, I can't remember.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:51 pm

I know, I was just saying why it doesn't make sense taking apart a coaster car, then put it back together to get shipped over to Europe only to be worked on again.

Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10 DSC00268800x600 You can see in the background on a table, the main frame of one of the cars.

Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10 Fahrenheit13
    And to answer your question, The trains for Fahrenheit were there.
    hpinsane
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:27 am

Ccron10 wrote:I know, I was just saying why it doesn't make sense taking apart a coaster car, then put it back together to get shipped over to Europe only to be worked on again.
    I can say, with complete confidence, that the Storm Runner trains were, for whatever reason, sent to Europe. That reason, I'm not sure. But I do know people who were involved in cleaning up the mess when Hershey didn't get the trains back on time. I didn't really know much about the Storm Runner issues while that was going on last year because I was sadly out of state (in New Jersey - hence why it's sad, haha).
    tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:46 pm

When do you think would be the best day(s) for me to go?
    trumpetplayer105
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  trumpetplayer105 Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:10 am

Storm Runner and Fahrenheit's trains get sent back to intamin at the close of HPITD so intamin can do there own inspections of the cars. They look for any kind of stress fracture or weak points on the cars and fix them. When it came time for the trains to be sent back, they were sent to the wrong port (somewhere down south i believe it was.) And once we got the trains back, the maintenance teams were waiting on another part they had to special order from the manufacturer after the trains had already arrived back at the park. Fahrenheit opened right on time, storm runner opened a month or two late last year.
    tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:24 am

tatertot3710 wrote:When do you think would be the best day(s) for me to go?
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:56 am

So I'm guessing things went alot smoother with the process of inspecting Storm Runner and Fahrenheit's trains this year. Definitely sounds like the park (and all involved) went through alot of headache with the trains being shipped to the wrong place. I'm happy things are going well for them now.
    hpinsane
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:09 pm

tatertot3710 wrote:
    tatertot3710 wrote:
    tatertot3710 wrote:
    tatertot3710 wrote:When do you think would be the best day(s) for me to go?
    Any day, really. I think it depends on the weather. If it's a cooler day, I would think it would be less busy. If it's a warmer day, I would think it would be more busy.

But, generally, any day would work. This is the first year it's two weekends, and it opens on Friday, April 2.
    hpinsane
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:12 pm

HPCrazy wrote:So I'm guessing things went alot smoother with the process of inspecting Storm Runner and Fahrenheit's trains this year. Definitely sounds like the park (and all involved) went through alot of headache with the trains being shipped to the wrong place. I'm happy things are going well for them now.
    Yeah, from what I've heard, they aren't having the same problems like last year.

Side note, I drove by the park on Monday and I didn't see any work going on in the park. Perhaps they decided not to change anything and just save all their money for 2011. I'm surprised they wouldn't make any changes since there is work that could be done, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised at the same time.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:03 pm

If I can remember correctly, when I went to Springtime in the Park 2008, the old Rhineland Skyride station had its old paintjob. When I went back for Harley Day, the old paintjob was still there. But come June when we went for our official summer trip, the whole structure was repainted to its current color scheme.

I wouldn't rule out anything right now. Anything is possible when it comes to the mind of HP - lol! Wink
    hpinsane
    hpinsane

Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10 Empty One Month to Hersheypark

Post  hpinsane Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:31 am

For those of you keeping count, Hersheypark opens on April 2.

As of right now, there are 30 days until the park opens for Spring Time in the Park.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:21 am

I was wondering how the weather would be since it seems to be taking forever for this snow to melt off. Will it be another 2007 with unseasonably cold temps - lol!?
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 am

What weather? It's supposed to be 50 on Sunday.
    hpinsane
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:28 pm

HPCrazy wrote:I was wondering how the weather would be since it seems to be taking forever for this snow to melt off. Will it be another 2007 with unseasonably cold temps - lol!?
    Well, we had three feet of snow in five days...it will take a while to melt off, especially since it's still winter.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:54 pm

I was out in the Hershey area today and thought I'd drive by to give a brief update on what's happening at the park.

-The snow mountains in the parking lot are just about gone. In several days they'll be history.

-There was a 150 foot tall crane standing next to Fahrenheit in the park. It looks to be parked on the Pioneer Frontier midway between the Norwegion loop and the first drop. My guess is that they are either putting the trains back on the track or inspecting the track.

-The blue tarp looks to be mostly off of the Music Express cars, but it's still covered by a clear sheet of plastic.

-There were some workers in a cherrypicker working on Lightning Racer's first drop. Looks like they were installing new track (they were doing the same thing for Comet last year).

-The cars for Roller Soaker seem to be still in it's service shop (didn't see any yellow dollies sitting outside or anything in the station).

-The Turnpike cars are parked in rows in Tower Plaza covered in tarps. The Antique Car with the canopy is still parked in the ride. No more X-Mas decorations.

-There has been no roadwork done with that turn next to the turnpike. It is really a pain in the a$$ though.

With 29 days left, I am really starting to get adrenaline withdraw with the last coaster I've ridden being last August at Kennywood.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm practically gidding with excitement. lol!

But you wouldn't imagine how pumped I am for HP. Im going through withdraw! I'm sure this season will be just as fun and action packed as the last! Very Happy
    hpinsane
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:22 pm

From what I've seen, the 743 construction isn't slated to begin until sometime during the summer.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:39 pm

ChiefRedskin89 wrote:I'm practically gidding with excitement. lol!

But you wouldn't imagine how pumped I am for HP. Im going through withdraw! I'm sure this season will be just as fun and action packed as the last! Very Happy

I'm sure a majority of us are feeling the same way. And to top it off for me, I have a brand spank'n new digital camcorder which will make it even better for me! Very Happy
    tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Quick question: I've always seen it in TRs, but never took the time to locate it in the park: Where is 'Roller Cow-ster' located?
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 pm

If you are approaching the gates, it would be off to your left between the Chocolate House and Guest Services. That's where I've always spotted it, unless they moved it elsewhere.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:23 pm

^Yeah I'm pretty sure its still there.

Now how fun would that be if they moved the cows throughout the park and you had to find them. They could be moved several times throughout the year and some could be tough. Like you could hide one in the bushes on Dry Glutch Railroad or in the brush off to the side of Trailblazers lift hill. That would be an awsome game!
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:35 pm

Sure can't wait!
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:25 pm

I still think that a majority of us whole live near the park should have some kind of a meet-up this year. Doesn't have to be big, but it would be nice for a few of us from this site to be able to unite and ride some of the rides together. This is something that has been successful with other fan-sites for parks, but I don't know why our attempts keep fizzling out.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:07 pm

I don't think the roller cowster has been there for the last two years.

HPCrazy wrote:I still think that a majority of us whole live near the park should have some kind of a meet-up this year. Doesn't have to be big, but it would be nice for a few of us from this site to be able to unite and ride some of the rides together. This is something that has been successful with other fan-sites for parks, but I don't know why our attempts keep fizzling out.

I cant count the amount of times we talked about doing this, but it never happend.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Well I think we should make an effort (at least those of us who live near the park) to try to at least have one meet-up this year. I'm sure my opprotunity will come to meet up with you this season Stormwinder, granted it be the summer or Halloween seasons.
    brentott
    brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  brentott Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Ccron10 wrote:2010 Springtime In The Park
    Friday - Sunday - April 2, 3 & 4
    Saturday & Sunday - April 10 & 11

Admission is $23.95 per person for one day admission.

The rides list has not been released yet, but with them putting Fahrenheit on the webpage, I'm guessing that they might be hinting that they might open it up this year (if they aren't behind on their inspection schedule).

I'll be there the 10th and/or 11th! yay! lol
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Glad you finally joined back up Brent! Smile
    brentott
    brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  brentott Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:46 pm

HPCrazy wrote:Glad you finally joined back up Brent! Smile

it's that time of year! had to! I'm getting pumped!
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Update!
    All rides expept the water rides will be open in April.
    The event is now called Hershey In The Spring. Springtime in the park is just part of the event.
    They have a new website for Hershey in the Spring too.
    www.hersheyinthespring.com
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:04 pm

I just took notice that Fahrenheit isn't on the ride list. Anyone know the reason or is it a typo?
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:51 pm

When you first posted the list here, I went over to their site to varify that it was on and it was. Don't have any idea but if it is now closed. If it is a website error, I'm sure they are aware of it.

Edit: I just saw that the sea lion show name has now returned to "Our Friends from the Sea". I wonder if they're returning the original show that took place before the Great Candy Caper.
    hpinsane
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:09 pm

They added the Midway America rides to the list. Looks like Midway America is going to be open after all.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:29 pm

We already knew that lol. At least most of us did.
    hpinsane
    hpinsane

Post  hpinsane Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:30 pm

I had heard as recently as a few days ago that they weren't going to open it. So I guess we'll see. The website isn't always accurate.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:19 pm

My girlfriend and me were thinking about heading up the first weekend. Since it is Easter Weekend, will the crowds be?
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Well if we have repeat weather like we've been having this weekend, expect intense crowds on Saturday. Friday may not be an issue and Easter definitely won't be either.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Crowds will be different this year compared to other years. The park will be open 2 weekends.
    brentott
    brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Hersheypark: Springtime in the Park 2010 Discussion (All Rides will be Open) 3/17/10 Empty getting excited!

Post  brentott Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Stormwinder wrote:Crowds will be different this year compared to other years. The park will be open 2 weekends.

Crowds don't matter to me at all. I'll be there on the 10th and 11th, and I can't wait! It's been too long! Well, last May anyway, since I was in HersheyPark. I was in Hershey for Chocolate Covered February on Valentine's Day though. Great times.

With Season Passes this year it's going to be awesome! Planned trips in April, May, July, and any other times I might stop by... not to mention October and December! who else is pumped!
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:31 pm

Tell me if I'm mistaken but I just looked on the website and Fahrenheit wasn't on the list. I swear it was earlyer but I don't know. Can someone check.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:53 am