Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+2
Ccron10
Stormwinder
6 posters

2 Hersheypark rides make the top 10 underrated roller coasters on About.com

Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

2 Hersheypark rides make the top 10 underrated roller coasters on About.com Empty 2 Hersheypark rides make the top 10 underrated roller coasters on About.com

Post  Stormwinder Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:59 am

Comet came in at numer 8.
    Great Bear came in at number 7.

The website set up what they thought were the top 10 most underrated roller coasters in North America. They judged it on what roller coasters are good,butdont get the attention they deserve.

http://themeparks.about.com/od/rollercoasterarticles/ss/UnderratedCoasters_3.htm
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

2 Hersheypark rides make the top 10 underrated roller coasters on About.com Empty Re: 2 Hersheypark rides make the top 10 underrated roller coasters on About.com

Post  Ccron10 Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:39 pm

I don't know, I'd have to disagree about Comet though. While it is a decent ride, it doesn't really provide you with much airtime (even with that section that goes by the creek). It is an okay ride, but it's just "meh", to me.

Great Bear on the other hand, the layout is pretty unique. The pre-drop helix is forceful, the loop and immelmann as well. The finish could be better, but with the lack of space in that area, it's understandable.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

2 Hersheypark rides make the top 10 underrated roller coasters on About.com Empty Re: 2 Hersheypark rides make the top 10 underrated roller coasters on About.com

Post  HPCrazy Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:31 pm

I agree that the park should deserve more recognizition for Great Bear. I mean, how many parks do you go to that you actually see a coaster so wedged in as you do with Great Bear? I am still amazed at how that park pulled that one off.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:45 pm

I have to agree that the coasters at HP are underrated. Although I consider HP a major park, it's overshadowed by others like Six Flags and Disney.
    tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:55 am

I have much agreement with Comet, even though it is lacking airtime. I really don't think GB is underrated though. Most people agree that the helix is the most forceful part of the ride. Non-enthusiasts that I ride with even think that it's not that great. It's the least forceful B&M that I've been on.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:31 pm

I dont think that Comet is underrated, it is one of the most popular coaster in the park because it is a classic. Great Bear is still the best coaster in the park in my opinion, but it has been underrated lately because Storm Runner and Fahrenheit has been taking the spotlight.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Comet is definitely not underrated. It has the longest line out of the wooden coasters in the park. I do agree about Storm Runner and Fahrenheit. Seems like that's where everyone heads as soon as the gates open, when in the past, they all went for Great Bear. If they do decide to put in another steel coaster in the future, then I bet Fahrenheit and Storm Runner will go down in the pack.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:19 pm

I think Fahrenheit is overrated.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:48 pm

It is when you compare it to the top coasters of other parks. For Hp, though - I think it's one of the best they have.
    coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  coasteral Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Great bear is my favorite steel coaster at HP. Maybe its underrated because its so short. Who knows Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:41 pm