Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+2
Ccron10
darque
6 posters

Hersheypark: Memorial Day Weekend

darque
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Hersheypark: Memorial Day Weekend Empty Hersheypark: Memorial Day Weekend

Post  darque Tue May 11, 2010 2:13 am

I'm heading down to your great state May 29th for a 6 day coaster trip. I booked it for this week because school is still in not realizing that it's Memorial Day Weekend (I'm a Canuck). I will be at Lakemont on the Sunday, then staying my Aunts in Lincoln University for the rest of my trip.

My original plan was to do Hershey on Mon & Tues, then Dorney on Wed & Thur. Seeing as the Monday is a holiday, does anyone have an opinion as to one park being less busy then the other? I saw that Hershey had a higher attendance last year, but then they're open 2 hours longer.

ADMIN EDIT: Welcome to the site. I deleted the topic in the Dorney Park Trip Planning section since this section is more popular.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark: Memorial Day Weekend Empty Re: Hersheypark: Memorial Day Weekend

Post  Ccron10 Tue May 11, 2010 5:11 pm

If you were planning on going to a waterpark while you're there, then I'd say Wildwater Kingdom would be your best bet since they don't force you to wait in line for the wave pools. The lines in the Boardwalk at Hersheypark have been long from what I've heard in the past.
    If you're just interested in the rides, then it's hard to decide in my opinion. I guess Hershey would be better since they have more coasters.
    darque
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  darque Tue May 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks. I'm not planning on going to the water parks. I'm beginning to think it'll balance out. Even though Hershey has a higher attendance, they do have longer hours for more ride time & as you pointed out... more coasters.

Guess I might as well just flip a coin. Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue May 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Good luck! Too bad you won't be there June 6th, that's when I'll be there.

Oh and welcome to the site! Smile
    brentott
    brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Hersheypark: Memorial Day Weekend Empty HersheyPark!

Post  brentott Fri May 14, 2010 7:12 am

as I've already mentioned, I will be in HersheyPark on May 30th! Sunday! still pumped! Wink
    coasterbilly
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:36 pm

I went on Memorial Day as well! I will have a PTR of my trip, it was a great success (except there was a band competition so their were kids EVERYWHERE haha), does anyone know why Lightning Racer only had 1 train op all day?? Every other coaster was solidly running 2 except LR, just wondering!
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Lightning Racer had both trains per track running when I was there and the place was emptier than when you both were there. The station was virtually empty and they had the four center rows closed.
    coasterbilly
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:00 pm

wow! I was there friday and went on it in the early afternoon and I actually had about a 20 minute wait for it, which was a massive first for me because every other time I've been to Hershey I've had walk ons on it, good to hear it was just when I was there! Very Happy
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:03 pm

You may want to check out my pics from my PTR by clicking the link in my signature. You'll see what I mean crowdwise. Wink
    coasterbilly
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:11 pm

looks good to me man, easily one of the best parks for re-rides and short lines anywhere (Dorney is a close second). I will definitely be back at least twice, once to finally do the Boardwalk and another in the fall. Cool
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Short lines is one of many things that make HP great and worth many trips. Very Happy
    coasterbilly
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:39 am

totally agreed, and for me personally it's Lightning Racer or Great Bear at night re-riding them that gives me some of my favorite coaster times! Wink
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:17 am

^ Done both and totally agree with you! Great Bear is one heck of a ride at night....lots of thrills!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:17 am