Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

3 posters

Your favorite coasters

HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Your favorite coasters Empty Your favorite coasters

Post  HPCrazy Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:49 pm

This topic is about what coasters you've ridden that are absolutely your favorites. They can range from your favorite wooden and steel to your favorite brands (B&M, Intamin, etc) or coaster types (inverted, launched, etc)

Here are my favorites that I've ridden:

Favorite wooden:

1): The Beast (Kings Island, Ohio) - the ride time (around 5 min in length) as well as two lift hills and the speed are the definite factors that make this coasters so good.

2): The Phenoix (Knoebels) - yeah, it may be similar to the Comet at Hershey, but with no seat belts, there's just too much airtime on this thing that really adds to the thrill! I remember almost near-standing at some points during the ride.

3): Lightning Racer (Hersheypark) - love the racing and duelling aspect of it.

Favorite steel:

1): Firehawk (Kings Island, Ohio) - it may not be the tallest or the fastest, but it's definitely just a great ride. The force & intensity against your chest and stomach really adds to the experience

2): Maverick (Cedar Point, Ohio) - may not be the tallest, but definitely has some intensity to it.

3): Millennium Force (Cedar Point, Ohio) - love the height, speed and overbanked turns. I want to get the chance to ride I-305 in the next year to compare the two and I have a feeling I'm going to like I-305 better.

4): Volcano, the Blast Coaster (Kings Dominion, Virginia) - one of my favorite launched coasters. I love shooting through the dark twice and coming out of the second tunnel upside down.

5): Incredible Hulk (Islands of Adventure, Orlando) - the launch at the beginning really makes this ride incredible

Favorite B&M Invert:

1): Talon (Dorney Park) - was the best inverted coaster I've ever ridden, period.

2: Montu (Busch Gardens, Tampa) - nice lengthy ride. I also liked the batwing element that sits below ground level.

3): Raptor (Cedar Point, Ohio) - Next in line for a great layout and ride experience. Another unique element was the on-ride video that you could purchase at the end of the ride. I enjoy watching it and seeing my experience every now and again.

Favorite B&M Hyper:

1): Apollo's Chariot (Busch Gardens, Williamsburg) - very intense experience. I also love the little straight piece of track between the lift and first drop that gives you the illusion of hanging there for a second or two.

2): Diamondback (Kings Island) - love the layout and the water splash feature, definitely comes in a near second behind Apollo.

Favorite Intamin:

1): Maverick: very intense experience. The launch tunnel also really adds to the ride.

2): Millennium Force

3): Volcano, the Blast Coaster

4): Storm Runner (Hershey) - comes in before Fahrenheit mainly because of the launch and the intensity of the Flying Snake Dive element

5): Fahrenheit (Hershey) - love the vertical lift, drop and the air time hill.

Favorite Wild Mouse:

1): Wild Mouse (Hershey) - mainly because of the lack of trims used and better rider capacity making it the best Wild Mouse (or one of the best) that I've ever ridden

2): Ricochet (Kings Dominion) - the first drop and slightly longer ride experience

3): Primeval Whirl (Disney's Animal Kingdom) - the spinning cars make this a thrilling ride experience.

That's about it for my favorites as of now. Once I hit some more coasters in the near future, of course, this list will change.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Your favorite coasters Empty Re: Your favorite coasters

Post  gb980109 Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:27 pm

I haven't been on a lot of coasters, so it's a fairly limited list.

Favorite coasters (all types):
    1. Nitro
    2. Hydra the Revenge
    3. Great Bear
    4. Fahrenheit
    5. Lightning Racer

Favorite steel (all manufacturers):
    1. Nitro
    2. Hydra the Revenge
    3. Great Bear
    4. Fahrenheit
    5. Kingda Ka

Favorite wooden (all manufacturers):
    1. Lightning Racer
    2. Thunderbolt
    3. Phoenix
    4. El Toro
    5. Wildcat

Favorite B&M:
    1. Nitro
    2. Hydra the Revenge
    3. Great Bear
    4. Bizarro
    5. Talon

Favorite Intamin:
    1. Fahrenheit
    2. Kingda Ka
    3. Storm Runner
    4. El Toro
    5. Possessed
    PiperArcher
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  PiperArcher Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:16 am

My favorite all time coaster is Rockin' Roller Coaster at WDW. It was my first inverting coaster. I love it!

Favorite woodie: Wildcat @ HP

Favorite B&M: Apollo's Chariot @ BGW

Favorite Intamin: Storm Runner @ HP (It's so short!! They should let it go around 2 times)

Favorite invert: Great Bear @ HP

Favorite Vekoma: Expedition Everest @ WDW

Favorite Arrow: Loch Ness Monster @ BGW

My top five all time:

1. Rockin' Roller Coaster
    2. Apollo's Chariot
    3. Great Bear
    4. Loch Ness Monster
    5. Storm Runner

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content