Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+9
The Storm Runner
gardener14
HersheyParkGuy
trumpetplayer105
tatertot3710
Ccron10
Fanatic
HPCrazy
Stormwinder
13 posters

Hersheypark: Official Ride Status Thread

Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark: Official Ride Status Thread Empty Hersheypark: Official Ride Status Thread

Post  Stormwinder Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:20 am

This is a continuation of HPCrazy's thread on http://z8.invisionfree.com/Hersheypark_Crazy/index.php?showtopic=81&st=0
    This topic will keep members up to date on what rides are open and closed.

Ride Status as of August 9, 2009
    Flying Falcon- Closed
    Mini-Himalaya- Closed
    Around 5:30 there was a stormthat lasted for a little over a half hour, all rides were closed at this time.

Hersheypark: Official Ride Status Thread Rrqc86

Last edited by Stormwinder on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark: Official Ride Status Thread Empty Re: Hersheypark: Official Ride Status Thread

Post  HPCrazy Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:11 pm

I'm happy you revived this topic.

Also http://www.hersheypark.com/mobile/ride_info/closures.php will let you know what ride(s) are currently closed.

I was in Mechanicsburg yesterday when that storm hit. We were up at Wegmen's with some friends and all of a sudden, it blew like crazy. I guess it was heading towards Hershey, in that direction.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark: Official Ride Status Thread Empty Re: Hersheypark: Official Ride Status Thread

Post  Fanatic Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:26 pm

^ And then it hit me. silent

Lot's of rain and flooding, local parks shut down also. I'm surprised they didn't have any trouble re-opening since most of them are in low-lying areas.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Ride Status on Friday August 21, 2009
    Miniature Train - Closed
    Merry Derry Dip - Closed
    Bayside Pier - Closed
    East Coast Waterworks - Closed
    Once again big crowd with LR and Wildcat middle rows closed. scratch

Last edited by Stormwinder on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:01 pm

Big crowd on a Saturday, doesn't surprise me at all. Wink
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:15 am

I guess people are fitting in a last minute trip before summer ends. I would do the same, just I always heard that the last two weeks don't have big crowds, unless it's a weekend.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Usually Saturdays are always busier than Sundays, unless it's Memorial or Labor Day weekends.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Do you know how busy Great Adventure will be this Thursday? I'm heading out and I've never been there this time in the season, so I wanted to know if you knew how the crowds were.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:12 am

It should be crowded. I was there two Mondays ago and it was packed. Hershey was packed yesterday too. Any park that you go to during the summer will be busy.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:37 am

In a way I figured that, despite the claims of, "oh,no one will be there because it's the last week of summer" etc.. But thanks for the heads up.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:49 pm

A co-worker at my job told me that a few of his friends went to Hershey yesterday and he said they told him that the place was packed. That's unusal for a Monday but then alot of schools start today, tomorrow, and the rest of the week, plus next week. This is according to around York County, I don't know how it is in other counties as far as school goes. I'm guessing alot of people were getting their "end-of-the-season" trips in this past weekend.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:19 am

So maybe since I'm going towards the end of the week kids will be starting school. I don't know about New Jersey, bu they're basically the same time frame I would guess.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:29 pm

I was referring to around here, where I live. I know a bunch more schools have started around here today. I'm not sure how New Jersey handles it though.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:25 pm

I think, not 100% sure, they go back the day after labor day.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:56 pm

I actually couldn't tell on my trip. I would assume High School starts when Stormwinder mentioned - for NJ, and the little kids may have gone back. But like I said, I couldn't even tell in part because there are always a lot of teenagers there. The park was relatively not crowded, but I wouldn't say empty. Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:38 pm

Hersheypark ride status as of today (8/30):

East Coast Waterworks - closed
    Mini Himalaya - closed towards the end of the day
    Monorail - one train operation all day
    DGRR - one train operation all day (unusual as it always seems to run two)
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:58 pm

The Ride status on August 30, 2009
    Closed List
    Mini Himalaya
    Dinosaur Go Round
    Helicopters
    Twin Turnpike: Speedway
    Bizzy Bees
    Tiny Timbers
    Livery Stables
    Merry Derry Dip
    Miniature Train
    East Coast Waterworks

Closed Part Of The Day, But Reopend List
    Wave Swinger
    Skyview
    Mini Pirate

I should have just named the rides that were open.
    Matt, were you there on Sunday? If so, we should have met up.

Ride Status on Tuesday September 1, 2009
    Closed
    Bayside Pier
    East Coast Waterworks
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:53 am

I posted something here (a thread about it to be exact) a few days before Sunday but you never said anything, so I figured you had other plans. Hopefully Alex and I will be able to work with you to meet up for HP in the Dark on a Sunday (supposed to be the meet up for this site).

When was Mini Pirate and Skyview shut down? I don't remember seeing either closed. I did forget Miniature Train though. I do remember seeing that closed when we were out there. I also remember the Speedway being shut down around the morning because we were back there getting our Great Bear and Coal Cracker rides in. Later on I did see them running though. I also did see Dinosaurs not running (lights were on and working but no riders or anything) but didn't see look at the sign to see a notice. This was about 7-7:30ish, right before we left.

PM me or post in the "Keystone Thrills HP in the Dark Meet-up" thread and we'll have to work something out for that event to meet up (wheither you're the only one that will be there or not besides us Wink ).
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:30 pm

I have no idea how I missed it, but I did, sorry.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Ride Status On Sunday, September 6, 2009
    Bayside Pier- Closed

Like a Star @ heaven Extra Fact: This was the most crowded day out of the whole season. Yes, more people than the fourth of july and Mermoral Day weekend.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:27 pm

^ Wow at the fact. Actually, I can expect it considering the holiday. Some places that aren't normally crowded where I am were today.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:57 pm

It's because of Labor Day actually being late this year. Alot of schools have already started and are rocking and rolling. People are just sticking it close to home this year which can explain the more intense crowds.

By the way, how crowded was it in terms of lines and maneuvering around?
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Right, it did fall late. I heard a lot of people are taking it easy this weekend, though.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 pm

The lines were long. Fahrenheits line was around an hour long at 10:00. Something I noticed; out of the millions and millions of people that have been to Hershey in its 102 years, there are still A LOT of people who were lost and had no clue where they were or where they wanted to go. Sunday was the day that I got the most directions asked. Also I did not realize how hard it was to describe to someone using the map how to get to Twin Turnpike from Midway America.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Wow, I can believe it. And I would assume that was hard, though I never got asked for directions in HP..
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:46 am

My mom's co-worker just told her that they only got about six rides in all day on Sunday. She said they probably won't go back for a long time. I thought "why go late in the season when you can go around May/June?" (when Alex and I normally go). The first Sunday in June is usually dead. They also never took my advice on the complientary ice water at the food stalls thus paying an arm and a leg more for food as if they would not purchase a drink and just get the ice water.

Makes sense for the place to be packed this past Sunday with people staying local for Labor Day this year. The week prior was busy (waits were managable except SDL with one train going for part of the day) but not like I've heard from you and my mom's co-worker from this week.

People getting lost doesn't surprise me. I know my mom admitted that she would still get lost if I wouldn't be there - lol. She's not like we are and know where we're going without having to use a map.

By the way Stormwinder, did you ever get my PM? I didn't hear anything back from you yet so I was wondering if you've received it. Wink
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:41 pm

I know I'd most likely never get lost in HP, I've been there so many times, but, you never know.

I would have figured that late in the season because of people and kids going to school and work, they stay at home, but I guess a lot like to get last minute vacations in, especially on labor day weekend. I personally hate Labor Day weekend because everything is so slow and there's that feeling in the air that summer is finally over. Mad

Now that I know early June isn't crowded, maybe it will apply to other places, too.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:24 pm

HPCrazy wrote:They also never took my advice on the complientary ice water at the food stalls thus paying an arm and a leg more for food as if they would not purchase a drink and just get the ice water.

I know what you mean, I almost feel bad selling someone water for $3 when they can get a cup of it for free.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:20 pm

It's pretty much the same thing too, just without the brand name.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:52 pm

Ride Status on Sunday September 13, 2009
    Skyview- Closed
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:27 pm

That's unusual. It's almost always running when I'm there.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Any reason why? (It was closed)
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm sure it's not much of a big deal.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 pm

Most likely not after this time.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:18 pm

The park is probably packed because of the RV show going on at the same time (it wouldn't suprise me if it's not parked full out to the Giant Center or farther). I think the Kissing Tower is running, but not sure since I was only seen it from Rt. 322.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:51 pm

And of course you forgot to mention that it's also a Saturday which means that the park will definitely be packed. Wink
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:32 pm

HERSHEYPARK IS CLOSED TODAY DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER!!!
    Therefore our ride status is: No Rides are Open.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Great, that means the weather is coming to me next. Neutral
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Wow, this is kind of suprising since the park never really closes because of rain. I guess with the combination of rain, cold and wind, they decided to cancel the first day (which isn't such a bad idea).
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:06 pm

I'm kind of expecting this tomorrow too, if not on Sunday as well. I think it's not just the rain, but the chilling "non-seasonal, feeling like CCL weather" upper 30's/lower 40's temps. Mixing them both into the current raw conditions makes for an unpleasent experience doing anything outdoors.

Because of this, Alex and I have decided to postpone our trip until next Sunday, the 25th. I know we made the right decision. I also invited my other friend to join us so wheither or not he's coming, I won't know until sometime after Sunday. Hopefully some of you will also be there that day that we'll be able to meet up or say hi.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:18 pm

According to a news report here, parts of PA are getting cold weather and even snow. Not looking good for HP to be open.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Remember when we said hat some rides might not open under that 40 degree mark? The park updated their ride page:
    http://www.halloweeninhershey.com/rides.php
    These rides don't open under this temperature mark:
    Ichabod's Coaster Train (Comet)
    sooperBOOperLooper (SooperDooperLooper)
    Raven Haven (Flying Falcon)
    Great Scare (Great Bear)
    Bats in the Belfry (Kissing Tower)**
    Mummyrail (Capital BlueCross Monorail)**
    FEARenheit (Fahrenheit)
    Scare-winder (Sidewinder)
    Ghost Runner (Storm Runner)
    Wicked Racer (Lightning Racer)
    Mouse Stew (Wild Mouse)
    Scaredy Cat (Wildcat)
    The biggest suprise for me on this one is Kissing Tower since that one is usually open during the Christmas Event. This also explains why Flying Falcon is usually out of that event as well.
    tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:46 pm

^ andit also shows that Trailblazer and Howler aren't included so it must be possible for them to open during CCL. Maybe in the next coming years.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:57 pm

I was just gonna mention that lol. Sometimes, the tower doesn't run during CCL either due to chilly temps or staffing situations. I've found this out in the few times that it wasn't running for the event when I went in previous years.

Perhaps they'll consider opening at least the Howler up for Christmas. That's something I never could figure out.

Just saw that they will be open in a modified version today, I'm guessing to try to get some money in. Here's what will be running only today and probably tomorrow:

Balloon Flite
    Carrousel
    Space Age
    Starship America
    Tiny Tracks
    Traffic Jam
    Wave Swinger
    Dizzy Drums
    Fender Bender
    Monorail
    Reese's Xtreme Cup
    The Claw
    Dry Gulch Railroad
    Frontier Flyers
    Livery Stables
    Convoy
    Kissing Tower
    Twin Turnpike/Antique Cars
    Treatville

That's almost the amount of attractions that runs for Candylane. Note that none of the coasters (including Trailblazer) are on there. Glad Alex and I are waiting until the 25th. I'm praying it will be nicer then and everything will be open. Smile
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Is Midway America closed?
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:05 am

From the looks of it, yes. Especially the rides. They'll probably operate the same way today since it's still really cold outside. I'm just glad that I decided not to go today.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:09 am

I wish I could make decisions like that lol, being so much closer to the park, it would be like going to the bowling alley for me. Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:28 pm

Well it's not raining at the moment, but it's still way too chilly outside. I'm sitting here shivering as I type this lol. The forecast still calls for light rain today, at least it did awhile ago.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Same here, except with the rain. Very Happy
    tatertot3710
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tatertot3710 Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Fahrenheit is closed. I guess today may have been a good fay to go. Sigh.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:18 am