Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+48
SMJ0724
Intricks
coastercrazy
Magnum PA
gb980109
pushingbuttons
tedgarb
Hersehyparkafan93
RoUsTaBoUt
CoasterEricHP
BrandonStrouphauer
CoasterNut12
DHP
DownStraitUp
spaolino
rascalflatts
Bigcoaster95
Hersheyrunner555
knowit*
Hbears2011
Bigxtreme
SupremeScream
gardener14
sammax144
ts4unc
CoasterBGW
hersheypark79
philliez92
Coast
tatertot3710
intaminfan08
gohershey
underslayer
hpinsane
njcoast
GreatBearHP
coasterbilly
krosscoasters
The Storm Runner
woozybear
Fanatic
coasteral
Stormwinder
brentott
HPCrazy
ChiefRedskin89
Ccron10
52 posters

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion Empty Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  Ccron10 Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:38 am

From Screamscape: 

2011/2012 - New Coaster - (6/1/10) The latest rumor sent in about Hersheypark claims that they may be looked at obtaining a new B&M coaster creation in the next two years. While nothing is set in stone yet, I’m told that the rumor going around is that the station may be placed in the Comet Hollow section of the park, which is also expected to see the Tilt-A-Whirl removed after this season. More when we find out.

Here we go again...
    Knowing how the park likes to put several plans together before making a final decision, this is probably one of the ideas they came up with. With them saving their money in the 2009 and 2010 season, they could have a good amount of money to work with. And Comet Hollow is coming up due for a renovation I guess.
    An out-and-hyper would work there. Just remove Tilt-a-Whirl, build a path to go under Comet, and have it go out, across Park Blvd and into the golf course from there. I hope this happens in 2012 so that we can get something to make up for Tilt-a-Whirl in 2011.

Last edited by Ccron10 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:13 pm; edited 5 times in total
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion Empty Re: Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:50 am

There are just so many rumors about this that It has to have some kind of truth about it. If they added a Hyper and revamped Comet Hollow This coud turn into an increadable year.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion Empty Re: Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  HPCrazy Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Perhaps we should start to be on the look out for survey markers and such. Some popped up in 2005 as utilities markings for what I thought was the early stages of the Boardwalk. I remember how this was being circulated as a monorail expansion.

We also saw all those survey markers in 2003 for what is now Storm Runner. When did Fahrenheit's markers begin to appear?

If they decide to remove Tilt-A-Whirl from down there, then I hope they move it to another spot. Dutch Wonderland already has the Turtle Whirl so it can't go over there.

Whatever happens, I just hope they put something new in next season, regardless if it's a new coaster or now. If they decide to go with something smaller, that would probably please alot of us since we got nothing this year except new entertainment options.
    brentott
    brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion Empty interesting....

Post  brentott Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Sounds like it could be pretty cool... Look forward to seeing this unfold if it comes to be true.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:24 pm

We are in desperate need of a hypercoaster/200 footer, especially from B&M. I've ridden both Apollo's Chariot and Diamondback and both are great rides. I could envision this similar to Apollo Chariot's layout if it begins at Comet Hollow and works its way out along Park Blvd, crosses the road and into the old swimming complex/golf course. And another B&M in the park would be a plus to go along with the two Intamins we currently have. Great Bear is a start, we just need something even better.

I really hope the Tilt-A-Whirl removal is false though. They have the Turtle Whirl at DW (I've been on it, just as good or even better than HP's). The Tilt-A-Whirl would fit nicely out in Midway with the carnival theme going on out there (they have the room if proper thought is put into the process, I've stressed this how many times in the past). Perhaps we can expand the topic of this thread from "2011/12" Coaster Rumor to possibly "2011/12 Expansion Discussion". Just a thought.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:00 pm

I forgot to mention this, since the summer season began, I have been seeing markings in and around the Comet. This makes sence now, they are marking out the new coaster. I think that the new ride will be near the Comet considering the markings where they are at. Unless they plan on expanding Comet Hollow, there is too much more room in that section.

This picture shows only 2 of the many markings.

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion Xbzleb

Last edited by Stormwinder on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:15 pm

It has to be because what other reason would there be serveying markings back there? I don't think there are any utility lines back there. I'd have to look up the serveying markings from Fahrenheit and compare them to these.
    If land clearing happens soon, then we could be looking at a 2011 project. I forgot around what time clearing happened for Terminator down in North Carolina, but I do think it was around this time.

Don't forget that it would be possible for the track to go inside the turnaround. But if you are saying underneath the Comet track, then that could be a problem.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:03 am

Well this can easily overlap the Comet because that third turnaround is lower then the first two. We know HP is good for intertwining coasters with other rides, look at Great Bear, Storm Runner, and Roller Soaker. I even thought the catering areas weren't going to survive Fahrenheit and they did. As much as some of us want Sidewinder to go, I've just had too many tell me that it won't be removed because they highly doubt HP would want to lose from their coaster collection. That would mostly likely be the case here, plus I highly doubt they'd want to loose a popular woodie that probably gets the most people out of all the woodies there.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Fresh from Screamscape:

2011/2012 - New Coaster - (6/2/10) I’m told that small white triangle looking survey markers can be found around the Comet Hollow area. One is even said to be placed right under a section of Great Bear’s track. Anyone have pictures?

Well Stormwinder did provide us with a photo. I'll see what I can find when I'm there on Sunday, especially around the Tilt-A-Whirl area.

One other thing, Stormwinder mentioned "in and around" the Comet. Perhaps the marking(s) he saw under the Comet were mistakes with the appropriate ones by the structure. It just doesn't make sense tearing a coaster down (even though a majority of us would like to see Sidewinder go).
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:59 pm

So far it seems possible. Footers for Fahrenheit didn't start appearing until July or August, the serveying markings look somewhat similar to the footer markings from back then, they are white making then not electric, water, or sewer, and they are numbered. Here's an image taken by a member at TPR when the serveying markers started showing up for Fahrenheit:
    Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion Hershey0802_926

Compare them to Stormwinder's photo and it makes me 75% sure it's for a new coaster. Given the space in that area, it seems likely it could be a hyper coaster and after riding Nitro at SFGadv, it would be a great ride for the park. But will the park run it to be the capacity-eater it should be? lol

EDIT: After just looking at the photo right now and given that the photo was taken from Founder's Circle, maybe the station will be built behind the ZooAmerica shop or by the Creekside Catering bridge? Those markers we see could very much be for a section of rabbit hops or brake run given how straight they are.

Do forget to also check up near Coal Cracker for some markers too. We don't know how big the layout could be and it could ver much either go up there or head towards the golf course.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:40 pm

I'll be sure to check when we walk back through there. I highly doubt that they would build a station for any kind of coaster back there when both sooperdooperLooper and Great Bear are in the way.

Something else I want to mention add to this discussion is the old Paddleboat dock. This area is basically near the core of the area where all these markings are being spotted. I am wondering if they are considering on possibly expanding Comet Hollow down there and under the Comet to a possible coaster loading station, with the coaster running out to the golf course. Remember in the park's earlier days, there used to be paths on both sides of the creek that ran under the Comet and through this area towards the defunct Sunken Gardens, so it could be possible to open one back up on the Comet Hollow side.

Along with all of this, perhaps Creekside Catering's days are numbered? That small area is beginning to look run down and is somewhat an eyesore (should've been replaced by a new catering area awhile ago). Perhaps, maybe now's the time to do that?

Just some thoughts that I thought I would bring up to the table.
    coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  coasteral Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Wow this would be Hersheyparks biggest rollercoaster ever!!!!! Shocked Now Im one who will not go on a hypercoaster or a flying coaster. Is a BM Coaster a flying coaster or a hyper coaster?????
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:13 pm

B&M (Bollinger & Mallbiard) makes both hyper coasters and flying coasters. The perfect example of this would be something like Diamondback (Kings Island) and Superman (Six Flags Over Georgia).

EDIT:

I was just browsing the site and came across this post by Fanatic:

Fanatic wrote:I've heard rumors that a roller coaster station might go down at Creekside catering. It could be a tall buiding - a la the Great Bear station which is two stories - which would help if the creek floods.

Would these markings have anything to do with this? I plan on getting pics of whatever markings I can find on Sunday and post them here sometime next week.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Before Canyon River Rapids was removed there were servy markings similar to the ones we are seeing now. Some of these are circels instead of triangles.

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion X26hht

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion 1zf4jut

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion 2i03tx3

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion 2vt49rt
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm assuming those marks had to do with the SEAqual construction. Were those marks that you posted on the former Canyon Pass? I'll try to see what I can find in the general public areas (where the current markers are located) when I'm there this Sunday.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:34 am

I'm in for a new coaster, but I don't expect it to be a crazy layout-all things considered. Theres just not enough space around there for something the size we're speaking of, and it would have to overlap and squeeze in even more than Great Bear did...If there's a land expansion, however, then yes it is possible.
    I also doubt Comet would be removed.
    woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:18 pm

I noticed quite a few markings in and around the Hallow yesterday. I wasn't able to get any pictures though. There is one on the hill behind the pretzel house and one by the bridge going over the creek next to Great Bear's immelman. I noticed one other but cannot remember where I saw it. They are very similar to what we have seen previously.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Those areas don't seem logical for a coaster though as both Great Bear and Comet are right there. Those that you mentioned could be possibly for utilities for a new coaster in that immediate area though, with the others by the Comet's turnaround possibly being for the actual ride. I'm planning on being there tomorrow so I'll see what I can find.
    The Storm Runner
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:03 pm

They're all the same kind of markers, by Comet's third turnaround, by Comet's last turn, by Paddleboats, and in a straight line parallel to Comet down by Wave Swinger. (There are several markers in a straight line down there, which makes me think of the station being by Tilt a Whirl, with the lift hill heading up towards skyview, and then going around and about up around Founders Circle, naturally following the terrain back down to Tilt) Just something to consider, think about how much extra room is needed for a B&M hyper: the station (especially large, considering the new train styles), the queue, and the storage tracks. Do we see this type of room anywhere: http://rcdb.com/1106.htm?p=1382 ? No. Now a spinning coaster like Pandemonium, http://www.rcdb.com/3031.htm?p=12140 , maybe. A little coaster like that could more easily fit into the surroundings down there.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Hmmm, that route makes sense. Thanks for pointing it out. I can't see that becoming a hyper though. I'd love to see another B&M coaster in the park though. Whatever this may be, it sounds like it's going to interact with Comet in some spots (like GB and SDL). I'm sure we'll hear of more or see more as the summer goes on.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:02 pm

I took these pics of the survey markers today:

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion Dsc07315
    By Great Bear's immelmann

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion Dsc07312
    Near Wave Swinger's entance.

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion Dsc07313
    Almost between the games stand and Wave Swinger.

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion Dsc07314
    A close-up for observation.

While walking throught Tilt-A-Whirl's queue, I did spot one or two more markings down by the Paddleboat dock, and while also riding the Comet, they are completed lined up straight along the back service path from Comet's third turn-a-round (Stormwinder provided a photo with some of these). Between his pic and these, maybe they will help with the scoop of what's going on.

Just a reminder I'll have a complete PTR up sometime this week from today's trip. Lots of pics are coming! Smile
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:16 pm

There may not be the room for that giant box of a transfer/storage track but I'm sure room could be made. Also if they are finding straight sections and it happens to be for a coaster its not going to be a spinning ride like you showed. You couldn't find 10 feet of straight track on any make or model of that type of a ride. Also remember that if there is a marker there it could be a base of a support and the ride could be 200 feet in the air.

Other side notes. There is no way they will remove Comet. Even on empty days that ride somehow gets a long line when its a walk-on for Storm Runner. It also adds that HersheyPark Atmousphere. And I doubt it would be for utilities because you don't need that much planning time for them.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:36 pm

This might not be the best news you guys want to hear, but I did some research and looked back through the Fahrenheit Construction Thread on Coaster-Net and found that these markers are similar to what we found for Fahrenheit.
    Here's the bad news. These particular markers were found leading from where Western Chute Out was and headed down to The Whip. We know nothing was built down by the Whip during this time so my conclusion is that these aren't markers for a coaster.
    http://coaster-net.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=5244

The good news is that the markers next to the Comet are different so if these is variety of types, then this is good, but I don't think the coaster will be soaring over Great Bear in the middle of Comet Hollow.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:52 pm

When we were looking for the markers, Alex pointed out about how one of them was almost underneath the Skyview. I know he showed his concern about that ride leaving, but maybe like what Ccron10 said, not all of them are for a ride. There maybe more markers hidden amongst the trees (the wooded area behind Comet) that we don't even know about that could be marked up. Perhaps the marks we've been spotting down in Comet Hollow are for something else (perhaps maybe a small flat or kiddie could fit down there somewhere), like what he mentioned about something appearing near the Whip back in 2007 prior to Fahrenheit being built. Perhaps the if this is a coaster, it would travel from the Comet out to the old golf course and back.
    coasteral

Post  coasteral Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Yes well this just boggle my mind not knowing whats going in there. I will tell you one thing, IT WILL NOT BE A HYPERCOASTER!!!!!!!!!! Smile
    krosscoasters
    krosscoasters
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  krosscoasters Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:48 pm

When did this spring up? I need to stop leaving for long periods of time.

Well, looking over the thread, I agree that moving Tilt-a-Whirl to Midway America would obviously be the better choice than just removing it. I would think HP would want as many attractions as possible.

Now, about this B&M hyper, HP is of course very skilled in intertwining (as mentioned), so it will be interesting to see how they will do it.

So, now that I've repeated several things that were already mentioned in order to form somewhat of an opinion, that's pretty much all I have to say.
    The Storm Runner
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:09 pm

ChiefRedskin89 wrote:There may not be the room for that giant box of a transfer/storage track but I'm sure room could be made. Also if they are finding straight sections and it happens to be for a coaster its not going to be a spinning ride like you showed. You couldn't find 10 feet of straight track on any make or model of that type of a ride.

Room in Comet Hollow for a huge ride and a huge storage shed? Where? And I found 10 feet of straight track: http://www.rcdb.com/2508.htm?p=8995

(Btw I know this is sort of pointless now, knowing the markers are for utilities, but hypothesizing is still fun)
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:14 pm

They aren't necessarily utility markings, though a few of them do look like that, like the ones deep in Comet Hollow. I was going to post what you guys already mentioned- that it probably isn't for a ride - a coaster, anyway. Maybe a new skyride or something, but I don't see how the markings match up for that. They're most likely for a new stall arrangement and maybe a planning of a walkway or store in certain areas where a ride is improbable.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:11 am

Well my friends, I've just received a PM from a fellow member here at the site who knows the inside scoop and has informed me the following:

Those markings in Comet Hollow are for a new roller coaster. The coaster station will either be at Creekside Catering or where the current Comet Hollow bathrooms, Tilt-a-Whirl, and former Paddleboats were. The coaster will be designed by Intamin or Premier. B&M is out of the mix. The coaster will be coming in 2012, but there's always the possibility it could be bumped up to 2011.

If you were able to walk around the areas where the new coaster will run through, you'd be amazed at the room that there is. Old walkways that haven't been used since the 70s would be used for space. The space between Comet and the Founder's Circle kiddie rides would be used. This won't be a small coaster coming in.

I do not see this happening in 2012 when the markings are already out this early. I strongly predict that this will be a 2011 project and that maybe we'll expect some kind of an announcement later this season.
    coasterbilly
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:31 am

The latest from Screamscape...

2011/2012 - New Coaster - (6/10/10) Lots of rumors are starting to swirl about the next big coaster in the works for Hersheypark… both good and bad. Starting with the bad news, one rumor claims that this could result in the end of the classic Sooper-Dooper Looper, though I really hope that one is wrong.
    As always, there are tons of rumors claiming that the park’s next coaster will be a B&M at last again, despite the fact that they had been sticking with Intamin for the last few. If they do go with B&M, the ride could be either a Flyer or possibly even a Hypercoaster, but there is no telling what it may be if they go with Intamin. Certainly an Intamin Mega-Lite coaster would go over well in this area too, but it’s too early to tell.

I personally don't like the idea of having Great Bear and this rumored B&M so close together, I also HOPE that Hershey wouldnt consider removing SDL. That area is already crammed as it is, I mean they could really make things interesting but a Hyper sounds quite unlikely for over there. Thoughts?
    coasteral

Post  coasteral Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:21 am

I heard from a reliable source that this is a coaster,BUT it will not be a B&M coaster. Question
    coasterbilly
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:39 am

...what source would that be? What else could they be looking at because so far all signs point to B&M
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:49 pm

coasteral wrote:I heard from a reliable source that this is a coaster,BUT it will not be a B&M coaster. Question
    Just because you don't want it to be a B&M hyper doesn't mean it won't be. In fact Nitro is less intense than Great Bear and is more enjoying. So if you love Great Bear, you'd probably love a B&M hyper if they put one in.

More news keeps coming in:
    (6/14/10) The latest rumors swirling around Hersheypark’s next big coaster project actually now throw Premier Rides into the mix with Intamin as well… and hint that B&M is now more unlikely. Many also seem to think that the project may not be until the 2012 season, though with surveying going on right now, anything can happen.
    As for those markers, I’ve been contacted by a reader with some professional experience as an actual surveyor and was told that the markings we’ve seen so far have nothing at all to do with the layout of the project. All of the triangle markings found so far have a “Mag Nail” driven into the asphalt in the center and are actually “Control Points”, which are then usually number sequentially as they are created. These points mark the locations the surveyors use to work from... and not the location of the project itself. If people look hard enough, there should be more of these Control Points discovered around the site, as they are set up in a loop around the actual area where the work will be done. So once all the different Control Points are discovered, we should have a large loop surrounding the overall location of the new project area. However the loop could be quite large... much larger than the actual project itself, as I’m told that the permitter loop would also include any and all sites where other infrastructure work (electric, water, sewer, roads, walkways, etc) will also be modifed or tied into.
    So really the best thing to do right now, other than to find more markers, would be to also create an overhead map showing off the location of each discovered and numbered marker as time goes on.
    So from the sound of things, these markers are to just mark off the area they plan on working within. If so, then this area should stretch from the Comet Hollow midway to the access road behind Founder's Circle and next to Comet. If this is the case, then there should be more of these markers down by Creekside catering and possibly over in the golf course. I'll see about putting together a map of the markers. By the way, didn't someone a few months ago say something about seeing markers somewhere near the golf course? I'll have to dig that out.

Also, I want everyone to keep in mind and remember that the park puts together several plans with different costs. It wouldn't suprise me that Intamin, Primier, and B&M were brought up. The park then discusses with the manufacturer what they are looking for and if they can pull it off under a certain price tag, An example would be with Fahrenheit; the park wanted a coaster and had limited space so they talked to Gerstlauer and Intamin.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Now that you mentioned about it, I remember reading that somewhere, and does indeed make sense. Perhaps if this is a big project in the works, B&M and Intamin are the top dogs (not saying for sure, but I'm looking at projects similar to Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, and Diamondback as examples). This is definitely something we'll need to keep our eyes on throughout the remainder of this summer and see what happens. I'm definitely all for a B&M hyper or even a flyer (never tried one of those, Firehawk was Vekoma so it would be nice to compare the two types of models lol).
    coasterbilly
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:10 am

man oh man, i LOVE Intamin, but Hershey in my opinion needs to make this one from someone else, I know WE as enthusiasts know the difference, but THEY the GP don't, I don't know about you guys but people get Fahrenheit confused with Storm Runner, that they are the same thing, etc...Premier or B&M would be fantastic because a new manufacturer is needed this time around (unless MAYBE they do a really unique Mega-Lite, that would make me ecstatic). If it indeeds runs over to the golf course, this project justs screams B&M Hyper because that is a pretty good sounding footprint for a BIG ride. I doubt they will do inversions crossing over the road and plus Goliath @ SFoG runs over the entrance road to the park, so it's been done. Definitely excited to watch this play out Very Happy
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:32 am

Wow I have a feeling this is going to get intence!

I have a feeling this isn't going to be Intamin or Premier. I really don't see it being Premier. What type of ride would it be? They are mostly known for launched coasters with inversions and Hershey already has one of them. Their only other models are wooden and water. Neither of those seem likely, and God help us if we get a Premier Prototype. Intamin seems a little more likely becasuse of their recent dealing with Hershey and a wider variety of models. And with the Huge success of Intimidator 305 mabye HersheyPark is looking into their new Giga/Hyper Model.

But I think B&M still seems the most likely. It would be a different ride and the GP wouldn't have another Intamin to confuse themselves with. I still hear people that have been on both FH and SR asking if they're the same ride. Whatever it is going to be this is exciting. Very Happy
    GreatBearHP
    GreatBearHP
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  GreatBearHP Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Hershey is more of a family park and intimidator is an extreme coaster even with the trims. I'm not sure if thats what they will be going for with this next possible coaster. If they have the room, an Intamin Mega-lite would be a perfect fit
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Let's not forget that Storm Runner, Fahrenheit and Great Bear aren't exactly family-friendly coasters given their intensity and ride height so adding another intense coaster wouldn't really put it up there with Six Flags Magic Mountain or Great Adventure.

EDIT: By the way, welcome to the site! Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:34 am

I agree with Ccron10. Those three coasters are probably the most thrilling over HP's coasters, thus why you see the young adults and teenagers race to them at gate opening (especially Fahrenheit).

It would be nice to have a B&M hyper, flyer or even a floorless. I don't know what else from Intamin they could get....we already have a rocket and a vertical lift/Maverick-style coaster. I couldn't really see them getting an impulse and definitely not a giga.

By the way to GreatBearHP, welcome to the site!
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:44 am

They arn't exactly family rides but I can see what he is saying. None of them are one of the larger of their kind. Like instead of having a 100mph Luncher, Its 70 but with uniquness after. Great Bear also is probably the smallest of its kind, not making it a bad coaster, its just smaller then the others.

I also know I didn't make it clear but I was thinking use Intimadators new track for a mega-lite or even something like Millenium Force. I just hope they don't put something in with the same type of track and restraints as Storm Runner and FH. But all in all I still think B&M is the greatest possibility, I doubt it will be Intamin because of repetitiveness and the room their working with, and I very highly doubt were geting a Premiere.
    coasteral

Post  coasteral Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Well I just cant figure out how ther going to fit the coaster in comet hollow because ther are marks right underneath skyview Rolling Eyes AND ANOTHER THING I REALY!!!!!!!!!!!! hope this doesnt take two years to build!!!!!! IF it does Ill be very angry!!!!!! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:50 pm

So from the sound of things, these markers are to just mark off the area they plan on working within. If so, then this area should stretch from the Comet Hollow midway to the access road behind Founder's Circle and next to Comet. If this is the case, then there should be more of these markers down by Creekside catering and possibly over in the golf course. I'll see about putting together a map of the markers. By the way, didn't someone a few months ago say something about seeing markers somewhere near the golf course? I'll have to dig that out.

I was in Creekside catering a couple weeks ago and there were no markings there.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I made a map of the markings that I could remember. According to Screamscape the markings make an outline of where they have to work for the new ride. Connect the dots.

Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion 2iktjz9

Yesterday I rode the Comet and noticed that they had a short line in an area of markings behind Traffic Jam and Helicopters that said "lift". Meaning a roller coaster lift hill.

It was in the area near the arrow.
    Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion B6afwl

The line that said lift beside it looked exactly like the ones that were in the Western Chute Out area before Fahrenheit came.
    Hersheypark: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion 2e5njno

Last edited by Stormwinder on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Another coaster in Comet Hollow, I still don't know if I can believe it. If Hershey can pull this off though without having it look like a crappy RCT park and if a lift acctually does go off that way, we could be looking at the beginning of a masterpiece.
    coasteral

Post  coasteral Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Holy cow now where getting down to the nitty gritty of it all Very Happy This just may be a rollercoaster Ill actualy ride!!!!! YEAH Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:19 pm

According to Stormwinder's dots, all I can say is wow....just wow! The path of this thing encircles Comet's second turn-a-round and I don't know how the heck they can fit a lift hill between Founder's Circle and the Comet.

Hopefully we'll know more by October when we're at HP in the Dark. Whoever attends our meet-up that day, I gaurentee this will be a major topic of discussion.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Especially if we get an announcement or more info by then.
    njcoast
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  njcoast Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:49 pm

A BM hyper would be awesome you know if thats the markings for the lift hill then there should be markings on the other side of comet across the water we are not seeing yet
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:31 pm

I'd love it if we got a B&M hyper. I've ridden Apollo's Chariot and Diamondback and both were excellent rides. Would be nice to have something closer to home. Going out into the old golf course would work with something like this. I really hope we don't get another Intamin, we already have two of those and they're both great.

A nice family coaster would fit nicely in that area as well, such as Tony Hawk's Big Spin at Six Flags. I looked at Premiere's coaster models that they've done and something like Backlot wouldn't fit in that area and wouldn't probably fit the bill as a Tony Hawk-type of ride.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:30 pm

I forgot to say thank you for those dots! It could turn out very helpful!

I was looking at bing maps trying to figure out were the next survay markers would be. No one said they saw any in the old golf course yet did they? The next place I'm going to guess we will see them is the other side of Park Blvd. If any one happens to be driving there do you think you could check? I thinking there is too much cover(buildings ,trees, and other plants) to see anymore from inside the park.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:24 am