Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+3
HPCrazy
Fanatic
Ccron10
7 posters

Dutch Wonderland: New for 2011

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Dutch Wonderland: New for 2011 Empty New for 2011: A New Show

Post  Ccron10 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:40 am

New Show - (2/16/11) Dutch Wonderland has announced a new live show called Dress Up ‘n Dance is on the way for the 2011 season.
    Not much to discuss about it, but it is their first addition since Palace bought it.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Dutch Wonderland: New for 2011 Empty Re: Dutch Wonderland: New for 2011

Post  Fanatic Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Sounds like it may be a kids sort of show? Maybe something interactive..
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Dutch Wonderland: New for 2011 Empty Dutch Wonderland: New for 2011

Post  HPCrazy Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:42 pm

According to their website, looks like the park will be debuting two new rides this season - Huck Finn's Leap'n Frogs and Kite Flight.

You can find them on the ride list here:

http://www.dutchwonderland.com/rides/index.php
    Kozmo 1
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Kozmo 1 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:17 am

Just got back from the park for the first time this season, and it looks like Kennywood's Potato Patch fries have made it to the park Smile At least they seemed pretty close, and the stand is even called "potato patch" where the Treehouse Terrace previously was. Not sure if they're the exact forumla KW uses, since I've only been there twice unfortunatly, but they were darn good. Don't think they have ALL the topings KW has though, but the ones I like were there (bacon/cheese/gravy).

I guess the aquisition by Palace is turning out to be good already. I guess we'll have to wait for next season and see what the season pass options/prices are.
    HPfangirl4life
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  HPfangirl4life Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 am

HPCrazy wrote:According to their website, looks like the park will be debuting two new rides this season - Huck Finn's Leap'n Frogs and Kite Flight.

These are also mentioned in the commercial. I saw it on tv just the other night. Kite Flight is the exact same ride that they have up at Luna Park and Victoria Gardens. I didn't get to ride it in NYC so I am glad that there is one closer to home. A trip to Dutch Wonderland is desparately needed anyway as I need Kingdom Coaster's credit (plus I don't think I've been there for 20 years).
    coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  coasteral Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:52 am

You have to check out there christmas event then. Its AWESOME!!! Dutch WinterWonderland. Great place to go for christmas time.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Went there last Thursday for an hour and a half and personally, while it's a great family park with a good selection of rides, but I really don't have to go back again for awhile. Here's my review of the rides I went on:

Sky Ride: It was pretty good. Offered great views of the park and there's not much more I can say about it.

Kingdom Coaster: I'd put it slightly below the Comet at HP because while it wasn't very tall, it did offer a smooth, great ride with a little airtime at the end. It wouldn't be worth the trip to go back though.

Joust Coaster: Just your basic kiddie coaster, but for me the lapbar kept kicking me in the stomach.

Double Splash Log Flume: Nice, cheesy theming, but a very poor flume. It's sad when the several foot drop gets you wetter than the 20 to 30 something drop (there was not a drop on me).

Twister: I don't know whether to be happy they moved it here or should've kept it where it was. In general it was not intense like the more exteme Wipeout versions. Fits in with all the other rides.

Monorail: Pretty long and kind of slow, but none the less a good family ride.

Dutch Wonder House: Basically you go into a shack with hardly no interior theming and you watch the white, undecorated walls spin. Very boring and pointless and makes Houdini's Great Escape look like a Disney-made ride. Very poor.

Railroad: The tunnel has less theming from what I remembered, great long ride through the park offering views of the creek and farmland. Pretty decent.

In conclusion, I really don't have to go back again until they recieve a new coaster (feels unlikely at this point). I liked the theme and setting of the park, but it is not a place for coaster enthusiests and thrillseekers (unless you just go in and ride the two coasters and leave). Even for Christmas, I don't think the light show would be worth it given that all the rides i went on listed above would be closed. By all means a great park for families with kids, but that's all.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Ccron10 wrote:...In conclusion, I really don't have to go back again until they recieve a new coaster (feels unlikely at this point). I liked the theme and setting of the park, but it is not a place for coaster enthusiests and thrillseekers (unless you just go in and ride the two coasters and leave). Even for Christmas, I don't think the light show would be worth it given that all the rides i went on listed above would be closed. By all means a great park for families with kids, but that's all.
    I agree. It's not a mainstream park by any means, but a decent place to visit if you have the time. I wouldn't base an entire trip on going just there, but maybe a last-day sort of thing. That's what I normally do when I go to DW. The monorail/sky ride/train are nice to take a ride on, the coasters are ok, and the boat rides in the back are pretty good too. I enjoy it, ike you said it is a park for kids, but anyone can enjoy if don't expect too much from it.

On the topic: I have seen a similar kite ride at many carnivals that I have been to. I think it's a pretty fun flat, good to see DW has one now.
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:40 am

Are the two new rides (Kite Flight and Leap Frogs) kiddie rides or are they adult/family friendly?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:32 pm

gardener14 wrote:Are the two new rides (Kite Flight and Leap Frogs) kiddie rides or are they adult/family friendly?
    Kite Flight is because I rode a similar model at a carnival several years ago, but Leapin' Frogs is a kiddie ride ( just a bunch of frogs who hop around in a circle).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:53 pm