Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

An Oil Spill at Dutch Wonderland

Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

An Oil Spill at Dutch Wonderland Empty An Oil Spill at Dutch Wonderland

Post  Stormwinder Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:01 am

Fire and hazardous-materials crews were on the scene late Wednesday of a fuel spill at Dutch Wonderland on Lincoln Highway East.
    Lafayette fire Chief Ron Nolt said about 25 gallons of diesel fuel from an above-ground tank on the park property spilled into a small stream near the back of the park. The waterway is a tributary to Mill Creek, which feeds into the Conestoga River in Pequea Township.
    Nolt said that crews installed "booms" — floating sponges — to contain the fuel to the tributary. He said a larger boom was placed in Mill Creek as a precautionary measure, although Nolt said it appeared the spill was contained to the park area. Crews were dispatched at 8:50 p.m. for the spill, which Nolt said was discovered by Dutch Wonderland employees.

I knew about this before I went to the park last Sunday, I just now found an online news article. They had the path by the creek closed off and they lad a section of the water blocked off. I guess they were still cleaning it.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:44 pm