Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+4
Fanatic
gb980109
HPCrazy
gardener14
8 posters

Hersheypark Shows

gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Hersheypark Shows Empty Hersheypark Shows

Post  gardener14 Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:48 pm

I just returned from a four day visit to Hersheypark, and I wanted to bring to everyone's attention the fantastic shows they have. There typically isn't much talk about the shows around here.

We saw all of the stage shows, some of them twice, and they were so much fun. I was impressed by the talent and production values of each show, but the one that truly stood out was Crystal Sneakers. The cast was ridiculously talented...amazing singers, the dance couple was awesome, and they were very good actors too. The choreography was top notch, and overall, the show was a miniature broadway musical using current and past pop music rather than the typical theme park revue. It's also 45 minutes long, with along with the quality of the show, makes it a very worthwhile experience.

My other favorites are The Milkmen, Tap, Rock The Jukebox, but Crystal Sneakers is not to be missed. Frontier Frenzy, Wild Country, N'Disguise, and The Soda Pops were great too. I enjoyed the strolling bands, but I missed The Boardwalkers. I think they would have been worth seeing as it's also a Matt Davenport Production (as are several of the other shows).
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark Shows Empty Re: Hersheypark Shows

Post  HPCrazy Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:42 pm

I love the Milkmen and the Boardwalkers. I manage to see one of each on most of my trips. I haven't attended any of the inside shows at all (except the Christmas one). I know the cast of the Christmas show was extremely talented, plus I've heard nothing but great reviews of the summer shows as well. IMO, Hershey has some of the best entertainment around.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:44 pm

The only really bad show is N'Disguize. I do not like that act.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 pm

I have never actually 'attended' a show, but if there's one going on off to the side, I almost always stop and look. I see The Milkmen show most frequently out of these.
    The only show I remember staying for and watching was the laser light show they had on the lawn years ago.
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:08 pm

I'm curious, why do so many people say they've never seen an indoor show or actually planned to watch an entire show at Hersheypark? It seems people here just catch them by chance and perhaps stay to watch a for a bit. People might be impressed by the quality of the shows if they make a point to attend them. They are quite good.

My family visits Hersheypark over other parks specifically because of the quantity and quality of the shows. We usually see three or four per day and we'll watch our favorites twice during our 3 - 3 1/2 day visit each summer. I can't imagine visiting Hersheypark just for the rides alone because not too many other parks have such a variety of shows.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:38 pm

I've never been seen ANY of the shows(inside or Aqua Theatre) But, I always go in the Music Box Theatre during Hersheypark Christmas Candylane. I would like to catch a show or 2 in the Music Box Theatre maybe a Saturday this September yet? Or next year in May.
    woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:45 pm

I took my kids to see Showdown at Cocoa Canyon once this year. It wasn't the greatest, but they seemed to love it. Then again, I had seen it a couple times last season as well. I also saw a bit of Rock the Jukebox last season, and I thought it was fairly good from what I saw.
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 pm

The comments in this thread are very interesting to me. I'm a huge fan of shows at theme parks, especially at Hersheypark which has more shows and higher quality shows than most any park I know of. What's interesting is that it's hard to have a discussion about the shows when it seems that not many people here have seen the shows. That's surprising because this is a fan forum for Hersheypark. Wouldn't it be safe to assume that fans of the park visit the shows? They are such a major part of the park and a major expenditure for the park.

During my vacation I saw ten different great stage shows at Hersheypark, not even counting the three street performances/bands. I can't imagine visiting the park without seeing the shows. It would be like visting and not giving a few rides even a chance.

I highly encourage anyone that's interested to check them out before they end soon. Some end this weekend, others continue into September. If nothing else, sit through a performance of Crystal Sneakers. The cast is amazingly talented. It's only 45 minutes of your life, and you might just be impressed.
    shavonne
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  shavonne Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:58 pm

First, THANK YOU to Gardener14! I'm one of the SRO producers of Crystal Sneakers. We really take pride in searching for the best performers who are not only talented, but are really wonderful people. We also want our shows to be great (of course!) but also have heart. Thank you for taking the time to watch and truly see what we are about.

Showdown at Cocoa Canyon is also ours, and like woozybear said, it is (goofy) fun for the kids....like the 3 Stooges, the performers are very silly!

Have a fabulous fall and winter and come see us next year!

Shavonne
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:16 pm

Wow, it's great to see a producer of one of Hersheypark's shows reading this board. Thanks Shavonne for your comment and for the great job you folks do.

I sent you a private message as well.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:09 pm

shavonne wrote:First, THANK YOU to Gardener14! I'm one of the SRO producers of Crystal Sneakers. We really take pride in searching for the best performers who are not only talented, but are really wonderful people. We also want our shows to be great (of course!) but also have heart. Thank you for taking the time to watch and truly see what we are about.

Showdown at Cocoa Canyon is also ours, and like woozybear said, it is (goofy) fun for the kids....like the 3 Stooges, the performers are very silly!

Have a fabulous fall and winter and come see us next year!

Shavonne
    Welcome to the boards Shavonne. Smile
    Last Friday after class, I went to the park and had dinner at Spring Creek Smokehouse and ate it in the Country Grill while the Frontier Frenzy show was going on. I was amazed at how talented everyone was and how they made today's rock and pop music into country music. But I think the best part of the show was when they had the Cocoa Rythem Factory come over from their normal area in Founder's Circle to do a number with them. This show topped Dorney's Snoopy on Ice show IMO.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:17 pm