Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+14
FlyersFan
CoasterEricHP
Knoebels Fan
fiendish thingy
coasterbilly
coasteral
Fanatic
ChiefRedskin89
Stormwinder
woozybear
Myself
Ccron10
HPCrazy
krosscoasters
18 posters

Knoebels Flying Turns & Black Diamond Discussion

Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Knoebels Flying Turns & Black Diamond Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Knoebels Flying Turns & Black Diamond Discussion

Post  Fanatic Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Just what we need, right? More delays. Wink
    I wasn't expecting it to be opened soon, and it looks like that will be the case. I do however like the fact that they are trying to get it to run seamlessly and safe. It's become sort of a two steps forward, one step back process.
    CoasterEricHP
    CoasterEricHP
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Knoebels Flying Turns & Black Diamond Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Knoebels Flying Turns & Black Diamond Discussion

Post  CoasterEricHP Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:34 pm

I'm glad to see they have no plans to scrap the whole project at least. I'm sure a bunch of the larger parks would have given up a long time ago and threw a Wild Mouse or something in that spot.

Now.. Black Diamond... mid summer? Sigh.. I wonder if that means like.. June or August? Wink
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  FlyersFan Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:36 am

I wonder why the delay for black diamond. If they are having some kind of problems with the ride or something? I usually go later in the season anyway so I hope it is open when I go.

As for flying turns I am starting to wonder if it will ever open or if they will just end up scrapping the idea. I hope not because it is something I really want to ride. I wonder if they couldn't change the trains to a single rider or 2 rider kind of thing. Almost like a bobsled. I don't really know the exact problem they are having but know they keep ordering new trains. I just wonder if a scaled down train would help. As in not a train at all and something maybe you steer yourself. I don't know it's just a thought. I know I am getting frustrated with going every year and it just sitting there. I shouldn't say frustrated more sad or disappointed than anything.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu May 26, 2011 10:30 am

Here's the latest word over at TPR:
    Shavethewhales wrote:Latest word from the park:

We've been testing the newest version of the Flying Turns ride vehicles and are VERY encouraged. There's still plenty of work to do but this is a very positive step in the right direction.

via the about section on their facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knoebels-Amusement-Resort/207828210550

Sounds awesome. I've heard them say they really want this to be the year it opens, but in another response on their Facebook recently they said it probably wouldn't be.
    If they have reason to be encouraged though, I imagine they'll set back to work on the ride in earnest later this season after Black Diamond is out of the way. There's a very good chance 2012 could be the year.
    Sounds hopeful!
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Knoebels Flying Turns & Black Diamond Discussion - Page 2 Empty Flying Turns?! And Black Diamond?

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Tue May 31, 2011 10:03 pm

I'm hoping flying turns opens this year. How many years has that ride been in construction? I think it's what, 3-4 by now? Does anyone know what went wrong that delayed construction? I'm also hoping Black Diamond open this year as well. I really wanna ride that. Smile
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue May 31, 2011 10:14 pm

belo777 wrote:I'm hoping flying turns opens this year. How many years has that ride been in construction? I think it's what, 3-4 by now? Does anyone know what went wrong that delayed construction? I'm also hoping Black Diamond open this year as well. I really wanna ride that. Smile
    It's more like almost 5 1/2 years in July, but anyways I've kind of just shrug it off and figure it will open when it opens. From what I've heard Black Diamond will still hopefully open mid-season so I'm holding my trip off to go up there when it opens. I may also try to make it to the ACE event they plan on having in October.
    PSUPrincess22
    PSUPrincess22
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  PSUPrincess22 Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:15 am

I was up at Knoebel's 2 days ago and its so sad walking by Turns; its dead.
    My boyfriend and I took a close look at the track and its already beginning to rust up at the chains and other metal track pieces.

We heard that it was running a day or two before we got there but we never got it 100% confirmed.

Black Diamond was busy with workers walking around but we didnt get to see much.

Cant wait to go back up again to see that!! Fingers crossed for Turns.. It will have its opening day....someday!
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:16 pm

The latest from the park is that they are recieving some good results:
    https://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/video/video.php?v=2166925091861&oid=207828210550&comments

This is great news and it sounds like they are on their way and closer to finally finishing this thing. Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:18 pm

So if they're not expecting this to open in 2011, then maybe 2012?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:19 pm

HPCrazy wrote:So if they're not expecting this to open in 2011, then maybe 2012?
    Yes, but they never mentioned yet that it won't open 2011 though.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Flying Turns POV:
    https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2169128266939&oid=207828210550&comments

Forget what I said, it looks like theres a chance it might not open this year.

Looks great! Goes high in the turns, kind of looks like border-line family coaster, but I think it will get by with them. Smile
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan

Post  FlyersFan Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:49 pm

It looks fun but does go very high in the turns. I thought the plan was to have it open this season for sure but obviously not after seeing the beginning of the video. I hope they can figure out something. Maybe add a breaking system to be used by the rider???? I don't know but they need to figure it out before this ride bankrupts them.
    CoasterEricHP
    CoasterEricHP
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  CoasterEricHP Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:51 am

That looked a lot more intense than I was expecting! It kind of looked like it was going high enough and fast enough to throw the car over. I guess that's something they need to be very concerned with. I hate splinters..

All in all though once they get this open it looks like it will certainly be worth the wait. I'd always choose a good classic over a modern scream machine. That would be why Knoebels is by far my favorite park.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:55 am

Yeah, I agree... definitely a lot more intense than expected! I'm excited to see how it works out. This has to be the most encouraging news about the ride since it was announced!
    rcoaster
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  rcoaster Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:25 am

Just heard from someone that Black Diamond may be opening soon. The delay was because they had to make some modifications to the cars which set back the project. Hope it'll open before the summer's over!
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:17 pm

It's about time...it's getting pretty late to call it mid-season.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:29 pm

We're already past the mid-season. I usually consider around July 4th to be around that time.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:40 pm

HPCrazy wrote:We're already past the mid-season. I usually consider around July 4th to be around that time.
    That's what I meant in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way.
    rcoaster
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  rcoaster Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:03 pm

Usually, Knoebel's peak season starts at July 4th (or the weekend surrounding it), and continues until the local schools are back in session, which is the last week of August. Knoebels usually see its largest crowds when the larger companies have their picnics at the park. Knoebels is pretty much half-way through their peak season. Of the major projects that Knoebels have taken on in the past (except for Flying Turns), they've been consistent in getting it open before the peak season starts. Phoenix and Twister opened mid to late June. The only coaster I can remember that Knoebels opened up at the same time the park opened for the season was Whirlwind.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:11 pm

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/photo.php?v=2557709141218
    I will be at the park tomorrow to possibly cover this.

That is all. Very Happy
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Where does that link go? I can't seem to get it to work and I'm also logged into Facebook as well.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:32 pm

^Not working for me either. I believe it may be a video on Black Diamond, but I can't find it on their Facebook page so I'm not sure.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:15 pm

2 Words....
    BLACK
    DIAMOND!!! Very Happy

Finally!!
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:58 am

Black Diamond is officially open! Expect a photo trip report of it and PPP tonight!
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Ccron10 wrote:Black Diamond is officially open! Expect a photo trip report of it and PPP tonight!

Very Happy
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:35 pm

With Black Diamond officially open and the possibly of Flying Turns opening next year, Knoebels might be looking at a big year in 2012. With the help of Mike Boodley from GCI on the team, this could the year that we've been waiting for! Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:29 pm