Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

2 posters

Visit to Hershey Park

StormHunter
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Visit to Hershey Park Empty Visit to Hershey Park

Post  StormHunter Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Hello everybody!

I'm visiting Hershey Park on September 8th, and I have some questions and Im hoping you guys can help me out. First is, from your experience, the first weekend after Labor Day will there be less crowds? I know that the boardwalk will be closed by then which is a bummer, but we are going on the 8th to celebrate my gf's sister birthday, will the boardwalk be the only thing closed or do they also close more games etc...? Also, are the prices the same? Or should I be able to find cheaper tickets by then? I was thinking of purchasing them now online... Should I wait? And the last is the question that I know has alot of conversation going on, I'm a big guy! 6' 295lbs. I know nobody can give me an exact answer on this, but is there any way anybody can tell me if they had a hard time getting on any ride? I know some coasters have the test seats at the entrance, and I know some also have rows with bigger seats, but Im just preparing myself before I get there. Thank You all!!!
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Visit to Hershey Park Empty Re: Visit to Hershey Park

Post  Fanatic Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Sorry about a late reply, and I'm not too sure if you will see this, but I can answer a few of your questions.

The crowds should obviously not be as large as during the peak weeks in July and August. I just checked the forecast for the week, and there seems to be a chance of showers that weekend, which should thin out some of the crowds. I just recently visited HP at the end of August, and the lines were not very long at all, except in the Boardwalk and during the early afternoon, when a lot of people were first going to the park. The newest rides will have the most lines, such as Skyrush. Long lines tend to eventually thin out toward the end of the day. A lot of the coasters should have manageable lines - I had less than an hour wait on the major coasters, and less than a 20 minute wait for the other coasters. Flat rides were less than 20 - 30 minute waits.
    I'm not sure if the weekend after Labor Day is a big travel holiday, though.
    Saturday is listed as a 10a.m to 10p.m day.

I'm not really sure about the tickets myself.

As far as fitting on rides, the ones with shoulder harnesses sometimes have larger seats on the end, such as The Claw or the coaster Great Bear, which has larger seats in the middle of the train.

You may have to extend the seatbelts to the end of clip, but you should have no problem locking the seatbelt in on many rides.
    Sometimes people may weigh more than others, but it depends on where the weight is. For example, some people have larger waists that are round and solid, while others might have "squishier" waists that they are able to move / suck in to fit into a ride. The latter is not really a problem with rides at HP. You will be held down tightly by the restraints, but you will fit. : P
    Skyrush is the only ride you may have a problem with, because the restraints are different than the other rides. It might be a tight fit on your legs, but a decent number of people of all sizes and heights tend to complain about the restraints after riding Skyrush.

Good luck, and Have Fun ! Very Happy

StormHunter
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  StormHunter Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Still saw it!!!

Thanks!!! Im am excited for the day, hopefully it will not rain that much just as you said, I am following the forecast as well and, I do see that system coming in.

Once again, thank you for the reply!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 am