Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

5 posters

Wi-fi in Hershey Park

ReesesCup4
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Wi-fi in Hershey Park Empty Wi-fi in Hershey Park

Post  ReesesCup4 Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Does anyone know if they are going to be adding Wi-fi in the park? The Hershey Park iPhone App says in the description (WiFi not currently available in park). Just wondering if anyone can get information on this?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Wi-fi in Hershey Park Empty Re: Wi-fi in Hershey Park

Post  Ccron10 Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:56 pm

ReesesCup4 wrote:Does anyone know if they are going to be adding Wi-fi in the park? The Hershey Park iPhone App says in the description (WiFi not currently available in park). Just wondering if anyone can get information on this?
    Welcome to the site.

The park does offer wi-fi currently only in Tudor Square and lower Rhineland, but they might not offer it right now since the park isn't open. I can see them maybe expanding this service a little bit more deeper into the park hopefully this season.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Quite possibly for this season, if not then I don't see why they would wait until next season. I have used the wifi around the gates, but that's pretty much it. Wifi probably isn't too big of a deal for HP, since I don't know why you would go to the park looking to browse the Internet on a laptop. But, I guess it helps if maybe you have an iPod Touch or iPhone or something of the likes. Wink
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:36 pm

iPod Touch and iPhone would be the primary reason for the wi-fi access. Many places are doing it nowadays. I agree that no one is going to drag a laptop to sit outside of Hersheypark's gates just so they can browse the internet.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:54 am

If they don't wire the whole park with wi-fi, then maybe they can do it in the various restaurants, etc.. The Minetown Restaurant would be a good candidate, and maybe the numerous sitting areas that are throughout the park. Just a little bit to get it started.
    ReesesCup4
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  ReesesCup4 Sun May 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey guys I can confirm that Wi-Fi is now available all around the park! I'm an employee at the park and carried my iPod Touch around to detect the network. Wi-Fi shows up at all areas of the park, the only area I haven't tested yet is boardwalk/midway america.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon May 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Great to know! Midway tends to be the part of the park that I relax and have something to eat, so wi-fi would be nice to have there so I check some email, maybe browse the web. I haven't been there to try it out myself, however.
    FlyersFan
    FlyersFan
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  FlyersFan Tue May 03, 2011 10:31 am

I hope this is true because I don't have an iphone just an ipod touch and ipad. It will be nice to check email and maybe post a few pics to facebook or here while I'm at the park. Also check the radar when clouds move in.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed May 04, 2011 8:48 pm

I was just wondering, are these / will these be just wi-fi hotspots or will the connection be strung throughout the park somehow? Like are they only at maybe restaurants or shop areas or along the paths as well? Or maybe that is the plan in the future?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon May 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Fanatic wrote:I was just wondering, are these / will these be just wi-fi hotspots or will the connection be strung throughout the park somehow? Like are they only at maybe restaurants or shop areas or along the paths as well? Or maybe that is the plan in the future?
    They're actually throughout the whole park I believe. I was on my iTouch at the park last Friday and got wi-fi inside Gourmet Grill in Minetown, but I saw signs throughout the park advertising it. This was much-needed especially if you own an iTouch that doesn't have a built-in network.
    This is pretty cool because now you'd be able to surf the internet while you're in-line for Fahrenheit or Comet. If the wait is an hour long, then this will absolutely make time fly by.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon May 09, 2011 7:00 pm

^Thanks for the reply.
    I can't believe I never thought of using the wi-fi whiile waiting on line. Sitting on a bench or at a restaurant is what comes to mind first for me. Now that you mention it, it is great to be able to surf the web while in line - probably one of the most effective uses for the wi-fi, imo.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:27 am