Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+23
HersheyBoy
SupremeScream
AMGTKK14
Fanatic
andyroo1998
vw87tech
billybobjoebob
HPfangirl4life
BrandonStrouphauer
coasteral
The Storm Runner
technocolor
Ccron10
gb980109
Fooz
pushingbuttons
warhawk911
CoasterBGW
bboynfuel
Kozmo 1
Park Connoisseur
ChiefRedskin89
HPCrazy
27 posters

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread

ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:18 pm

There is a new Q&A session on Hersheypark's Facebook and they somewhat explain the loading platform. Somehow your going to load and unload on the same side Crying or Very sad . I honestly can't see this running very smoothly with people running into each other and such but we'll see. Please watch the video becuase I don't completly understand when he talks about the station platform.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread

Post  HPCrazy Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Sounds like Millennium Force's station set-up to me. You would load, ride through the course and then when you would return to the station, the unloading area would be right before the loading area. Almost sounds like how Comet's station was also set up. The old exit is still there but hasn't been used since 1994. If this is the case, it makes me wonder if they may return it to the old set-up again.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Ok makes scence now since you referenced MF. Do you think that area is long enough though for that? You need a pretty long station to fit two 32 row trains.
    warhawk911
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  warhawk911 Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:24 pm

I have some great pictures from today. How do I upload them?

Also...I heard from sources that it does appear that Tilt will be moving out towards Midway America near Racer with that extended que line of theirs and that there is still talk of them doing something with Monorail though that seems to be less backed up.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:57 pm

warhawk911 wrote:I have some great pictures from today. How do I upload them?

Also...I heard from sources that it does appear that Tilt will be moving out towards Midway America near Racer with that extended que line of theirs and that there is still talk of them doing something with Monorail though that seems to be less backed up.

You can upload pictures by clicking this Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 Picture_save in the bar above the message body.

I got a few pictures along the creek and I'll be posting them shortly, too....which you can check out here: https://keystonethrills.forumotion.com/t325-skyrush-the-flood#5562
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 pm

If they're pouring all that money into Comet Hollow for next year, then I doubt we'll see an expanded monorail next year. I'd say in the next few years that will happen. They have two of SFMM's trains to fix up before they can even put them back into service. That's the first time I've heard about Tilt being moved out to Midway in awhile since all this talk about it returning to Founder's Circle has been circulating around recently.

Oh and I must applaud gb980109 for another fantastic update! Very Happy
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:42 pm

Thanks! Glad you liked the update!

I think the a monorail expansion is largely dependent on how the park does financially. Even though an expanded Monorail would be great, with the money spent for Comet Hollow, combined with most any other rides having greater importance than a monorail expansion, I think that would get shelved in favor of a new coaster should the park see a decline in revenue.

I can't imagine it cost a whole lot to buy these trains. So at least having them on hand for a potential expansion is better than not having them at all.

EDIT:
    Tilt...I haven't heard anything in a long while about that. Last I had heard it was still going back to Founder's Circle. I find that Tilt going there would probably be the cheaper option than going in Racer's extended queue. With that, they've got to raze the building, build a queue and what not. With the Tiny Tracks location, they've got to remove the tracks, signage and whatever plants they planted after Tilt was moved from that location. The existing queue could easily be used for Tilt and part of the Tiny Tracks platform fenced in as the exit.
    warhawk911
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  warhawk911 Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 pm

gb980109 wrote:

You can upload pictures by clicking this Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 Picture_save in the bar above the message body.

I got a few pictures along the creek and I'll be posting them shortly, too....which you can check out here: https://keystonethrills.forumotion.com/t325-skyrush-the-flood#5562

Thanks but I have to wait 7 days and those days aren't up yet. I posted them in the facebook group however.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:44 pm

This was taken by printersdevil78 over on TPR:
    Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 45_95
    This caboose billboard apparently was located in front of the park for quite some time. They're talking about refurbishing it and putting it back there.
    Very Happy
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Ccron10 wrote:This was taken by printersdevil78 over on TPR:
    This caboose billboard apparently was located in front of the park for quite some time. They're talking aboud refurbishing it and putting it back there.
    Very Happy
    Where would they put it? It certainly can't go back where it was - it'd block Exit Road if it did. But I would love to see it somewhere.
    technocolor
    technocolor
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  technocolor Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:28 pm

I was told by friend who is a park employee that the bag drops will swivel so it rotates each time a train leaves and comes. He also said there would be chaos as of right now for whoever wants the edge seats cause people will be fighting over them unless they change the plans in time.
    warhawk911
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  warhawk911 Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:32 pm

technocolor wrote:I was told by friend who is a park employee that the bag drops will swivel so it rotates each time a train leaves and comes. He also said there would be chaos as of right now for whoever wants the edge seats cause people will be fighting over them unless they change the plans in time.

I don't think there's going to be much fighting but I hope security is there in strength the first day Very Happy
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Ccron10 wrote:This was taken by printersdevil78 over on TPR:
    This caboose billboard apparently was located in front of the park for quite some time. They're talking about refurbishing it and putting it back there.
    Very Happy

So that's where it ended up after the old museum closed. Perhaps they'll place it at the turn-off off of Park Blvd into the main parking lot. That would be the most logical place for it other than maybe where the main exit is located.

I totally remember the old parking entrance clearly in my head. Who couldn't forget the old train sign? I remember they used to decorate it up for Christmas as well.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Here's a photo of it inside the Hershey Museum in 2007:
    Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 Pictur10
    Maybe it could go right in front of the new sign or in the new Sunken Garden? I'm really liking what I'm seeing with them trying to bring back things that were taken out in the past and re-make them. Smile
    The Storm Runner
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:55 pm

It would be smart for them to put it in between the exit light and the employee lot to direct first timers to the actual parking lot. Many people put in 100 W Hersheypark Dr on their GPSes and are directed to the employee lot. Happens allllll the time.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:25 pm

That's pretty much what I was referring to if they were to put it by the main parking exit. They could place it where they put that huge Sweetlights sign during Christmas and have the engine pointing to the left facing HP Drive. They could have something on there thanking everyone for visiting and maybe a sign or two of other nearby attractions.

I agree with Chris' post in how they are reviving old areas and either re-making or refreshing them. Midway America brings the 1920's/30's...heck they're almost doing the same thing with Comet Hollow next year, just in a more modern form.
    warhawk911
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  warhawk911 Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:36 pm

I definitely cannot wait to see how the New Hollow is going to look. Based on everything I'm hearing, it is going to be grand. Can't wait for STITP or Opening weekend next year.
    coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  coasteral Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:26 am

Yes. I caint wait to see what the Hollow is going to look like next year. Lots of remodeling is going to happen then. Surprised Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 am

Just posted to the Project 2012 group on Facebook:

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 294147_2340601077137_1313244173_2740279_6841668_n
    Looks like track is beginning to arrive my friends. I'm heading up on Saturday to renew my pass for next year. I won't be going to the park but I may do a quick update for the site.
    warhawk911
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  warhawk911 Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:29 am

HURRAY!!!! I like the color Very Happy

285 days till its opening Very Happy
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 am

Another pic has been uploaded to the Project 2012 Facebook group:

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 29405210

(Photo courtesy of Kirk Sponaugle)

I'm going to have to check this out more when I go up to renew my season pass on Saturday.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:41 pm

ALL THESE PHOTOS COURTESY OF CODY RISKO.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 301567_186584578074937_100001701896693_445345_7255687_n

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 293237_186584314741630_100001701896693_445344_7850127_n

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 296804_186583981408330_100001701896693_445343_1040098_n
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Already saw them over at the 2012 FB group but they are getting me hyped up! Very Happy I do agree with others over there who have mentioned that the pieces look a bit wider than I-305. Other than that, it's pretty much identical.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:15 am

HPCrazy wrote:Already saw them over at the 2012 FB group but they are getting me hyped up! Very Happy I do agree with others over there who have mentioned that the pieces look a bit wider than I-305. Other than that, it's pretty much identical.
    Well, Fahrenheit and Storm Runner's track are different widths, so I'm not surprised that I-305's and Skyrush's would be.
    HPfangirl4life
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  HPfangirl4life Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:09 am

LOVE the color! I was really hesitant with yellow and really wanted green. But I've changed my mind. That yellow will stand out so well down there in the Hollow. It will be a wonderful splash of color.

I'm going on Thursday. Can't wait to show a new person all the cool stuff that's going to happen for next year! Now I have track pieces to show her instead of just dirt and footers.

Thanks for all the pictures!
    billybobjoebob
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  billybobjoebob Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:34 pm

does anyone know when they will start to put the supports in place? also, which ones will be put in first, the larger or smaller ones?
    Park Connoisseur
    Park Connoisseur
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Park Connoisseur Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:07 pm

http://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/

I wish Hersheypark would have put the effort and money into their new ride's information page and renderings. This new ride looks amazing.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Brand-new Construction Update in out Blog!
    http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/09/05/hersheypark-skyrush-update-39-9211/
    One of the lift hill footers is currently being made. I'll be getting a photo update from Park Blvd. sometime this week.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Taken today by me.(9/5/2011)

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 Floode10
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:28 pm

http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/hersheypark-skyrush-construction-update-41-91411/
    A new construction update has been posted to the blog showing off the track.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Chris posted a NEW Skyrush update!!! Very Happy

http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/09/26/hersheypark-skyrush-update-42-92611/

vw87tech
    vw87tech
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  vw87tech Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 pm

these updates are great. thanks!
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Alright guys, when I went past the park this morning there's wasn't much new from Monday, but this makes up for it. When driving by they had some new track sitting next to that strange blue thing. This track had no spine and looked similar to the station and brake pieces, but here's the catch... it had anti-rollbacks on them!
    This may be a hypothesis, but I'm thinking that the yellow I-beams might be the lift hill and instead of going with a one-piece support/track lift hill like I-305, they may be going with a multiple piece system.
    This should be interesting to see.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Some of the Lift/Station track is here. Check out Update #44 on the blog at http://keystonethrills.com
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:18 am

The top and bottom for the lift is here!
    http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/hersheypark-skyrush-update-45-46-10-10-10-12-11/
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:00 am

Here's my update from 10/16:

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07886
    I was amazed at how well the park was up and running after the flood. They had three of the entrance gates closed for something, probably flood related.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07887
    The Rhineland shops were still closed and being refurbished from the flood.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07885
    They had these temp stands set up since the shops were closed.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 100_2546

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07888

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07892
    Looks like they're beginning to work under Comet.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07890

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07891

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07893

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07894

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07895
    New stakes have shown up behind Scrambler.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07896
    Looks like one of the survey markings was repainted.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07897
    It's sort of hard to find but if you look over on that concrete slab, there's a new marking there.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07920
    The old Comet Hollow Restrooms are now closed.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07919
    They have been replaced with the temp restrooms. Looks like O' Connell Plumbing & Drain didn't do the appropriate work on this one since they were also closed. Wink

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07921

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07923

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07932
    Looks like they took a section out of Comet to connect the station construction site with the other side.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07926

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07930

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07929
    Concrete, supposingly for the station.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07928
    Yes, they're still there, or should I say "half of them" lol.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07912
    I see track!

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07911
    Pure Intamin goodness!

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07910
    Such a beautiful sight!

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07917
    Lightning Racer's overflow is still blocked off and appears the same as it did earlier in the season.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07901
    These new recycling machines are now appearing in the park. This was the only one I saw.

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07933
    Now's the time to get your last rides in. New trains coming next season - praying no OTSR's"!

Skyrush and Comet Hollow Renovation - Official discussion thread - Page 2 DSC07948
    See you at Christmas!

And if you haven't yet, be sure to check out my Comet Hollow: A Photo Documentary for a look at the area prior to construction: https://keystonethrills.forumotion.com/t321-special-feature-comet-hollow-a-photo-documentary

billybobjoebob
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  billybobjoebob Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:52 pm

when do you think vertical construction will begin? it seems like just about every new roller coaster has started vertical construction except skyrush!! Sad
    andyroo1998
    andyroo1998
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  andyroo1998 Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 am

billybobjoebob wrote:when do you think vertical construction will begin? it seems like just about every new roller coaster has started vertical construction except skyrush!! Sad
    I agree Billybobjoebob. I was thinking the same thing. most new rollercoasters all reasy have there lift hill and station done. Levithian already has there lift brakes and station done.
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:21 am

X-flight at SFGAm is scheduled to open memorial day weekend (same as Skyrush) and they have not even started to dig a single footer yet.
    billybobjoebob
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  billybobjoebob Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:36 pm

and i think that that is falling behind too!
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:30 pm

billybobjoebob wrote:and i think that that is falling behind too!

I really don't think Skyrush is "Behind" They lost a few weeks from two floods. I don't consider Skyrush to be "Behind schedule" Not one bit.
    billybobjoebob
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  billybobjoebob Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:02 pm

I just wish they would pick up the pace

anywho, so when do you think vertical construction will begin?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:49 pm

billybobjoebob wrote:I just wish they would pick up the pace

anywho, so when do you think vertical construction will begin?
    Whenever they bring over the supports, which nobody but the park knows.

Here's Update #47 on the construction of Skyrush from the Keystone Thrills blog:
    http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/10/20/hersheypark-skyrush-update-47-10-16-10-20-11/

Enjoy!
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 am

Is it me or have the restrooms been finally torn down (in the last photo)? What day did you take that pic?
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Great photos! A good amount of work has been done in the past few weeks!

I especially like the new recycling machines.
    I never thought recycling bins and machines they would be of much use in some parks, but after using as many water bottles as I did on my last trip, I actually found myself searching for them. Smile
    billybobjoebob
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  billybobjoebob Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:59 pm

nice update, it looks like vertical construction will begin soon Very Happy ! and i don't have a single clue what that new foundation is for scratch
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:14 am

The new foundation is for electrical equipment.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:16 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:The new foundation is for electrical equipment.

Motor Control Center enclosure I assume. Looks like they're moving it up from the original location so it won't be in the flood plain.
    billybobjoebob
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  billybobjoebob Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Why wouldn't they put it on the other bank? That seems more logical to me.
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:50 pm

It is likely easier to bring in power from the utilities just outside the park than to run new utilities through the park.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:25 am