Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

5 posters

Hersheypark: Rider Size

dark1san
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Hersheypark: Rider Size Empty Hersheypark: Rider Size

Post  dark1san Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Are any of you who visit this site of "larger size"? Do you have trouble riding the coasters? I haven't been there in like 5-6 years, and want to go during HP in the dark. Just want to make sure I'm not going to waste my money and not be able to get on the coasters.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark: Rider Size Empty Re: Hersheypark: Rider Size

Post  HPCrazy Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:44 pm

When do you plan to visit during Hersheypark in the Dark? If you plan to be there on Sunday, October 16th, Keystone Thrills will be having a meet-up. We'll be gathering at the Hershey statue at 2:30 p.m. Sundays are great days to visit because the crowds are almost non-existant (usually starts out with more people and thins out as the afternoon/evening goes on). If you're going to be there that day, not only will you be able to get your share of coaster rides in, but it would also be a a great opportunity for you to get to meet some of us from here at the site. Hope you'll be able to come.

More info on the meet-up:

https://keystonethrills.forumotion.com/t332-keystone-thrills-fall-meet-up
    dark1san
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  dark1san Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 am

I was going to go the last weekend, but I might now try to make it to this meetup. I'm not a "huge guy" but I'm a big guy, and I'm just afraid what I would and wouldn't be able to ride.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:50 am

dark1san wrote:I was going to go the last weekend, but I might now try to make it to this meetup. I'm not a "huge guy" but I'm a big guy, and I'm just afraid what I would and wouldn't be able to ride.
    Great Bear has a few larger seats in the middle of the train, but Comet might not be too friendly. You might not have a problem with the GCI's, Mouse or Sidewinder, but Fahrenheit and Storm Runner is kind of hard to tell. If you're not very tall, then you might be able to ride.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:59 pm

The rides are rather accommodating for larger guests at HP. As said, Great Bear does have a designated row for larger passengers.
    (But by larger, I mean rather tall and heavy passengers. The other rows fit larger persons pretty well themselves. It's not like the rest of the train is for tiny people Wink )

The only ride you may have a slight problem with is Comet. The dividers between the seats kind of squeeze your thighs together, making it a tight fit. You shouldn't have an issue with the lap bar, however, as it locks in well even if it isn't that far down.

I wouldn't worry too much about it - but enjoy yourself and have fun! Smile
    RedTag
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  RedTag Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Ccron10 wrote:
    dark1san wrote:I was going to go the last weekend, but I might now try to make it to this meetup. I'm not a "huge guy" but I'm a big guy, and I'm just afraid what I would and wouldn't be able to ride.
    Great Bear has a few larger seats in the middle of the train, but Comet might not be too friendly. You might not have a problem with the GCI's, Mouse or Sidewinder, but Fahrenheit and Storm Runner is kind of hard to tell. If you're not very tall, then you might be able to ride.

An addition to this: I am a "patron of size", and I have no problems riding Storm Runner, but Fahrenheit is a tight squeeze for me. Not all Intamins are created equal, no?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:15 pm