Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+2
HPCrazy
Ccron10
6 posters

Breaking News: Hersheypark General Manager Frank O'Connell has passed Away

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Breaking News: Hersheypark General Manager Frank O'Connell has passed Away Empty Breaking News: Hersheypark General Manager Frank O'Connell has passed Away

Post  Ccron10 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Just found on Hersheypark's Facebook:
    It is with deep regret that we announce the passing of Frank O'Connell, General Manager of the Hersheypark Entertainment Complex. Those of us who knew Frank professionally recognized that he possessed the wonderful qualities of wisdom, strength, intelligence and compassion. Those traits were matched by Frank's deep commitment to family, friends and community.

A longtime member of the Hershey En...tertainment & Resorts family, Frank first joined our company in 1978. He worked in a number of positions throughout his tenure, including his long-held leadership position as GM of the Hersheypark Entertainment Complex. He was most recently promoted to GM of Attractions and Entertainment in 2010.

An inspirational leader to those he worked with, Frank will certainly be remembered for his love of and dedication to the Hersheypark Entertainment Complex. He often said how blessed he felt to work with such outstanding individuals, day in and day out.

A loss like this is felt on so many different levels; Frank was a husband, father, family member, friend and coworker. The qualities that he brought to us as both a person and a professional will be sorely missed by everyone in the Hershey family.

Please keep Frank's family in your thoughts and prayers.
    This is very terrible to hear. I recently saw O'Connell two or three weeks ago right before I was about to start my shift. He seemed perfectly normal and didn't look like he was ill.
    He has helped Hersheypark over the last 10 years grow into what it is today. We have seen Roller Soaker, The Claw, Frontier Flyers, Founder's Circle, a new Music Box Theatre, Storm Runner, Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge, Fahrenheit, but most importantly The Boardwalk, the Seaquel, and Skyrush. He has played a very big role in turning Hershey from just a one-day destination to a multi-day family vacation destination with a lot to offer.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Breaking News: Hersheypark General Manager Frank O'Connell has passed Away Empty Re: Breaking News: Hersheypark General Manager Frank O'Connell has passed Away

Post  HPCrazy Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:28 pm

This is quite shocking. Did anyone find out when this happened? He seemed fine on the video talking about the "Slushy Stand" that they were building. I remember when he was appointed to GM back in early 2002 when, I believe it was, Franklin Shearer retired.

My thoughts and prayers goes out to Hershey Entertainment & Resorts as well as Frank's family on this terrible loss.
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Breaking News: Hersheypark General Manager Frank O'Connell has passed Away Empty Re: Breaking News: Hersheypark General Manager Frank O'Connell has passed Away

Post  CoasterBGW Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:31 pm

According to PennLive.com he passed away at the age of 48 from a heart attack.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:15 pm

This was a very sudden and shocking event. It's very, very sad.

As far as I know, he was otherwise healthy. He seemed fine just the other day.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Frank's Obituary.

http://obits.pennlive.com/obituaries/pennlive/obituary.aspx?n=frank-j-oconnell&pid=154212397
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Very unfortunate and disheartening news. My condolences go out to his family in this difficult time. Frank will be missed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:14 am