Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+2
Fanatic
Stormwinder
6 posters

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010

Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 Empty Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010

Post  Stormwinder Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:55 am

First, it was way too crowded . The park did not expect this kind of crowd, so they were not prepared for it at all. I dont know how they did not expect it considering it was Easter weekend and a nice day. All rides were open except Flying Falcon, which was experencing technical difficulties. Many of the coasters were only running one train so the lines were long very early in the morning. Later in the day the did add two trains on all the rides except Great Bear. The heavy crowds did die down slightly towards evening, but still to many people. I ended up getting on a lot of rides during the last two hours which made my day. Now the pictures..

I started the day off at a Easter Egg hunt at the Outlets. I did not participate in it, but there were A LOT of kids there.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 Ou7ibk

Next, I found some construction at the park. Tidal Force was being worked on. It was getting a paint job and other things were being fixed.

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 210y2hi

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 Wrakqt

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 351uwco

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 2zybifn

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 Ekrfdg

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 2l8vhww

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 2637ev4

The Coastline Plunge and Intercoastal Waterway tubes are stored in here.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 34fod9x

The tent is still naked.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 2u8fqxs

This game place is obviously missing
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 Hukj8w

The one the only Wildcat!
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 24dfol0

As I mentioned on another post East Coast Waterworks will no longer have standing water at the bottom. They are working on that here.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 330xush

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 O09e8y

The comet line was the longest I have ever seen it. It went up the hill to about where the Popcorn place is.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 1ifv5k

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 1118mjb

The Pizza place in Rhineland also had a long line. It went all the way out to the fountain.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 28j9v14

I never got to ride Fahrenheit due to its continuous long line.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 Ogaqfn

I got three rides on Lightning Racer. With 4 trains running, the line moves quickly.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 2ajw07q

The Mark DeRose Band was in the Amphitheatre. The Amphitheatre looks strange now with the drawing of trees in it.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 2nm3ofp

This is the way Fling Falcon looked all day.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 Vwyag2

I thought Sidewinder was smoother than normal today.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 6jprh1

The sun is setting on one of my favorite rides in the park.
    Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 2a69uhd
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 Empty Re: Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010

Post  Fanatic Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Very nice PTR
    I see there are a lot of people who visit this early in the season.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 Empty Re: Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010

Post  HPCrazy Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:51 pm

We know we can always count on you (besides me) for updates Stormwinder - LOL! Very Happy I was expecting more out of that from you, but with all those people, I can kind of understand why you didn't. When Comet Hollow is wall-to-wall people like that, then you know the place is packed to the borders. The Comet line is totally ridculous! I NEVER saw it like that.... even with a full queue and some temp switchbacks in the midway.

Lightning Racer always will be a people-eater and it goes to show you how busy the place was and the overflow queue wasn't being used (I would assume).

Perhaps they have learned a lesson off of this to be more prepared whenever the weather forecast looks good, especially for this event.

Perhaps you and I will be able to finally meet up this June when Alex and I get up there. That has been way long overdue! Smile
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:30 pm

HPCrazy wrote:We know we can always count on you (besides me) for updates Stormwinder - LOL! Very Happy I was expecting more out of that from you, but with all those people, I can kind of understand why you didn't.

Perhaps you and I will be able to finally meet up this June when Alex and I get up there. That has been way long overdue! Smile

Yea, I know we do have to meet up.

I'll have more pictures next week.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Sounds cool! We'll definitely have to work something out!

By the way, does it look like they are changing the color of Tidal Force's framework? Looks like they're changing it from the old dark green to a silverish color? I'm guessing to better compliment the Boardwalk?
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 am

The color scheme does seem to be lighter, or that's just our eyes. Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 am

No, I'm pretty sure the color appears different (where they are working and what is already done). I'm surprised Stormwinder hasn't pointed this one out.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:32 am

Wow that is A LOT of people at HP. I don't know if I've ever seen it that crowded. And is there any spacific reason that they are taking out the standing water on East Coast Waterworks? I don't see any point of taking it out, I thought it was fun, and I always saw the little kids that can't go up into it by themselves down there.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:56 am

^ Most likely because it is to much work for the guards to keep kids out of the area. I have seen kids laying and playing in the water and the guards blow whistles at them to get them out. Being underneath the attraction it is harder to watch down there. They probably also figure if they want to play in a pool they can go to the Shore or Bayside Pier.
    brentott
    brentott
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Hersheypark: PTR on Opening Day April 2, 2010 Empty two days away! lol

Post  brentott Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:00 pm

I am getting excited for this weekend after looking at last weekend's pics. I will be there Saturday and Sunday! Very Happy
    coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  coasteral Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:48 pm

It looked like you had a nice day to go up there Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:25 am