Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+20
CoasterBGW
Jeter1186
chris921
PSUPrincess22
HPfangirl4life
FlyersFan
gb980109
woozybear
The Storm Runner
brentott
trumpetplayer105
gardener14
tatertot3710
hpinsane
ChiefRedskin89
Stormwinder
HPCrazy
Fanatic
coasteral
Ccron10
24 posters

A Hersheypark Discussion

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

A Hersheypark Discussion Empty Hersheypark Rumors

Post  Ccron10 Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:58 pm

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Hersheypark_Crazy/index.php?showtopic=101

Posted by Stormwinder:
    Hersheypark has had many rumors over the past couple of years about rides, ect., many of them ended up being true. The following are rumors that I saved from Screamscape.

(10/6/03) The park may attempt to reuse the old Hersheypark Arena as the site for new indoor attractions. There have been countless rumors for the past few years about adding not only a coaster, but a dark ride, or an entire indoor kiddie-land that could be open year-round.

I dont think that the park is ready to do something year round yet, and this rumor is obveouslt not true yet. The Arena is used basicicly for Music In The Park Awards and skating in the winter. Instead of puting rides on it, I think that they should use it for a new Amphtheatre. The one that they have now is small and very outdated. Comparing to other parks. Something may become of this building in the future now that the Museum is gone.

2010/2011 - New Coaster - Rumor - (8/9/06) While it’s really far too early to lock in anything, we’ve heard that the park may have been showing interest in a B&M Flying coaster. Of course by then, some entirely new concept may have sprung up instead.

Things and ideas can change from 2006, but who knows if this rumor is true, 2010/2011 have not come yet. If we get a new coaster it probily wont be until 2011 or 2012

2008/2009 - New Attraction(s) - Rumor - (8/9/06) While it’s far too early to say what may be coming yet, we do have an idea WHERE the park’s next set of new attractions may go. Sources tell us that the Western Chute Out dry waterslides will still remain open for the 2007 season, but will likely be removed afterwards since they will be unnecessary due to The Boardwalk. The only ideas we’ve heard about so far may be to add a section of family rides and possibly a small family coaster.

Now this rumor did become true. Although Fahrenheit is not a family coaster, it is still a roller coaster.

2006 - New Attraction - Rumor - (8/10/05) The latest rumors are still confirming that the park’s Chaos will disappear and be replaced by the Rodeo. However the Rodeo’s old site may become home to some kind of tower ride... a drop tower or perhaps they have their eye on one of those new Huss Topple Towers.

This did not happen either, both rides were removed. One was replaced by Coastline Plunge and the other was replaced by Cabanas. There is no hope for Chaos returning, because they wanted to get rid of it even before The Boardwalk.

(7/27/05) So far there are no rumors at all about bringing back the Turbulence concept, which is a shame. There is talk about replacing the park’s Chaos ride with the Rodeo and adding some other small water attraction where the Rodeo currently is. We’ve also heard that something may be planned in the Music Box Way area that could be indoors. Anyone else know more?

Well still no Turbulance (I dont think there ever will be). Beside Rodeo will be some big water attractions (almost right). That indoor attraction is Reeses
    X-Treme Cup Challenge.

2009 - Boardwalk Expansion - Rumor - (7/11/07) The latest buzz on the removal of the Canyon River Rapids is that they may actually be able to transform quite a bit of it into new water attractions for the Boardwalk. If the rumors are true the large water reservoir area can be converted into a new large wave pool and sections of the themed river rapids trough can be converted to serve as a themed lazy river.

Yes over a year before it happend CRR was ready to be removed. Nothing was converted from it, but we did get a lazy river and a wave pool. I would have been nice if the waterfall structures could have been save. It could have been nice sceanery on Intercoastal Waterway.

(6/26/07) While answering questions about the park, Ted Kleisner (CEO Hershey Entetainment & Resorts) mentions that the new Boardwalk area has been “an overwhelming success that tells us that we need to add more to that whole water experience. We're looking in the future to a larger wave pool experience, taking the Canyon River Rapids ride and changing that into something that has a little more excitement to it and larger, and in the process of doing that we retire rides that have seen their day.”

Nope It was compleatly removed

(6/21/07) I’ve got no way to back this huge rumor up just yet, so consider this one a “Wild Rumor” for the time being, but we’ve heard a rumor that the entire Canyon River Rapids may be removed at the end of the 2008 season to make room for a huge expansion to the Boardwalk area that may include a larger and more thrilling wave pool as well as a large lazy river. Of course if memory serves, wouldn’t Tidal Force and Roller Soaker be in the way? Of course it wouldn’t be hard to incorporate Roller Soaker into the list of Boardwalk attractions. Anyone know more?

A rumor that came true!

Also late in the 2003 season there were rumors about the Giant Wheel being removed. This happend. This was started on another fourm (tide blue). Some of us were even on those fourms. What ever happend to them? They were very simular to these. This was when Matt had his tribute to the Giant Wheel page on his site. Anyway there was much arguement saying that this rumor is false. It was sadly true.

Thanks for taking the time to read this increadably long post, I just thought the information was interesting, what was and was not true.
    coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

A Hersheypark Discussion Empty Hersheypark's future

Post  coasteral Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:00 pm

Im coasteral. Have you ever wonderd what HPs future would look like??? Tell me what you would like to see in the future of Hersheypark.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

A Hersheypark Discussion Empty Re: A Hersheypark Discussion

Post  Fanatic Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:18 pm

I would really like to see an expansion of land more than anything, so HP can have more space to put more rides. That's top on my list, otherwise it would be to add a few flats for now and then in a few years have another coaster - hopefully a wooden coaster, if not something that's competition with the coasters of future years, kind of like what Fahrenheit was.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:17 pm

I don't know if we really need another wooden coaster. We have three wooden ones as it is (Lightning Racer and Comet being exceptionally good). What we really need is a kiddie coaster. Like I suggested, maybe something like Avator, or maybe something like Little Bill's Giggle Coaster (Kings Island) that could be put in Minetown and move the Frog Hopper back out to Midway adjacent to the kiddie rides out there.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Well, the coaster that would make me happy for HP is another wooden one. I doubt they will make one any time soon, maybe not in this decade. With an expansion project, maybe.

But like you said, Avatar or a small coaster like the one you mentioned or Reptar would be nice, and would fit even nicer across the creek.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Yeah, I forgot about Reptar. I plan on adding that to my credits this Monday when I go there. Looks like a nice family ride and it wasn't there the last time I visited.

What we need next, as far as a major coaster goes, would be a B&M sit-down, flyer, or floorless. We got two Intamins now, so let's boost up the B&M count in the park (that's whenever they do put another major coaster in next).
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:31 pm

I dont think that we will be getting a new coaster for a while. As far as kiddie coasters go, Trailblazer is good enough. It is big enogh for adults to have a good time and it is thrilling, but small enough for kids to ride.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:07 am

Trailblazer is like for the whole family, so if you have an older adult who has to ride with you, they can without being bored.

Coasters we can expect in a big expansion project later on, I would like to think, and I agree with HPCrazy that we need a B&M. A flying coaster or floorless would be cool. Maybe something like a launched shuttle would fit somewhere longwise, but not have too great of ride capacity...
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:54 pm

I really hope if we get another B&M that we desperatly need its not a floorless. We have a sitdown coaster and one that hangs below the track. I really hope its a world class flyer seeing there are no large, unique ones in the area. But what I really want to see is a long airtime filled hyper. We need a longer coaster seeing as all our rollercoasters are on the shorter side. We also dont have a single ride outside Comet that constantly provides airtime. I would really like to see a drop tower in 2011 and a long B&M in 2012. They need to cool it with the Boardwalk for a while.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, Lightning Racer definitely gives you airtime - I believe more than Comet. I agree with the drop tower and the B&M. I would like to see a flyer also, not an inverted.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:07 pm

I forgot to mention about the hyper. Apollo's Chariot was very good and intense. Diamondback looks just as good or even better.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 am

Those two are some great hyper coasters. That would be a different coaster to put in the park - a step away from the Intamins.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:53 am

I think Apollo is better than Steel Force. There is just something about B&M hypers that surprass them above other kinds. I'm sure when I ride Magnum, and then Diamondback, the second will definitely surpass the first. I'm sure the park could fit such a ride in there somewhere.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:00 pm

I think we would need an expansion if it's a spread out coaster, otherwise it would have to be like Great Bear. If it's compact to a certain degree, then they can fit it with little trouble.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:41 pm

True, although I can't see them adding another new area for quite some time.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:54 pm

That's why I don't expect them to use the golf course space any time soon. Removing the tent doesn't involve adding a new area, so it would be ideal.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Well like I mentioned, the Rhineland Skyride station would be the proper place to place a catering area. That and if they would build another one to compensate for the tent, that's if it's considered a catering area.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:56 am

Using the station as a catering area will only compensate for the removal of Creekside Catering if they expand that way. For the tent, they will have to find another area to use, maybe another pavilion behind a coaster or something.
    coasteral

Post  coasteral Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Hershey park might not do anything next year. They have spent MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!!!!
    Its time for a break. Laughing
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:49 pm

The station isn't big enough for a catering area. It is also too public and isn't handicap accessible. To do this, they would need to install an elevator which does cost a lot of money; probably more they would care to spend for a catering area.

To sum it up: most likely it won't happen.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:55 pm

It really isn't that more public than Tidal Force or Pioneer Frontier Catering. I guess they could install an elevator but that would probably cost alot. I also look at it since they spent the money to fix up the structure and it looks brand new. I just hate seeing that second floor empty whenever I'm there. I never see anyone up there except for maybe a few choirs during Candylane many years ago, before they moved the choirs over by the reindeer.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:18 pm

What about the Loft Catering in Minetown. There are only steps going to it. I dont think that there are any elevators in the building.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot about that one as a matter of fact. I believe that's all indoors. That building is older and goes back into the 40's/50's I believe.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:16 am

I forgot about that one, too. And I think the most public in PF Catering. So the second floor doesn't seem to be much of a problem, maybe they can install a ramp, though it would be steep and tall.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 am

Now that I think of it, most rides with a station on a second floor have an elevator except for Trailblazer. I don't understand that because there is room for an elevator shaft near the operator's booth.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 pm

What's the purpose of the operator's booth now that the ride isn't there. That could be removed and have a possible elevator shaft there. Also having something like this would also eliminate Creekside Catering, which is right across the path from where we're talking about. Removing Creekside opens up the possiblity for a family/kiddie coaster and some flats. Just something to think about.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:57 pm

True - the latter would do better for the park. It would give more options and area to play around with.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:46 pm

If they would put in a few new flats out where Creekside is, they wouldn't have to be concerned about removing something older for something newer. Plus it would help boost up their ride count a little bit.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 am

I think it has the same equal capacity for rides, as in area to put them, as removing the Midway Tent has, except they can keep the tent if they do it across the creek.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:10 pm

If I were them, I'd do both. Why? Look at the amount of newer attractions they can install without having to sacrifice and older attraction. Plus, they'd gain a new catering area (skyride building) in the process.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 am

I like what you said. I would rather see an expansion or removal or something that isn't a ride over a previous existing ride removal any day.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:28 pm

After being at the park today, they really need to consider getting rid of that fair tent. It's pointless, I hardly ever see anyone using it, they used the catering areas instead (there was a catering event that was in Wildcat Catering I believe). If the tent was removed, that area along with the spot next to the Whip (that I can't help but look at and see it lonely) would make great space for at least three or four new flats. And because of this, they are only removing one structure and no existing rides.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:25 pm

See what we mean - although some events do go on with the tent, every time I went and most of the time for you as well, you don't see it being used. Get rid of it and put something more useful there. Exclamation
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Where the tent is, I envision a Huss Troika and Chance Wipeout there. I'd also like to see the Frog Hopper come back out there and be put by the kiddie rides. Something more beneficial can be put in the Minetown kiddie area where that ride currently resides.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:30 am

Could our never-ending discussions of finally expanding into the old Parkview Golf Course be happening in the very near future? Well according to this article over at Screamscape, someone was able to find out some info:

Resort News - (9/11/09) Screamscape sources tell us that Hersheypark is looking into plans that would relocate Park Blvd on the south side of the park to take a new path through the old Country Club site. The old road will be removed allowing for Hersheypark to expand into the remainder of the property there over the years as needed.

Let me know what you think!
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:30 pm

I thought that was why the golf course was closed was to expand the park. I thought orignal plans were to put a waterpark there.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:10 pm

It might not be written in stone yet, but if they have the funds to do it, then it might be possible in a few years. Here's a satellite image that I posted 2 years ago about the size of the golf course.
    A Hersheypark Discussion Index
    The picture shows the entire park the way it is now, Park Rd, and the entire golf course. The yellow box was going to be for the employee lot, but thinking of the distance of walking, I have a feeling that won't likely occur.
    Even at half of this land, it is almost the size of the existing park and using all of it (which would be cool, but unlikely) would possibly DOUBLE the exiting park.

While it would be cool, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. Right now it's just a source.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Considering the last statement you made but getting over excited: If it is true, we're good Very Happy I would love to see them expand there. HP could have maybe made that a huge waterpark area and keep the rest as a park, but I think rides are more popular than water rides, so that wouldn't have been practical. I'll still be waiting for a confirmation.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:53 pm

IF this does happen, this would open the park up to larger rides and not have to worry about space for quite a few years.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:48 pm

The park would be HUGE! The entrance may have to be redone, or add another evtrance with a park that size. If this expansion would happen it would be great.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:21 am

Okay, looking at Ccron's image, this is what I came up with:

Think of the way Great Adventure is designed. The park's main entrance is right in the middle of the park. You have Boardwalk, Fantasy Forest, Frontier, Golden Kingdom, etc to the left and Movietown, Wiggles World, Looney Toon's Seaport to the right. Who says HP's entrance has to be redone to accomodate all of this (or even half of this). It would be located in the middle (between the existing park and expansion). Simple as this, remove Creekside Catering, renovate that path (maybe widen it some)from the Zoo Outpost gift shop and go out from there.

Another thing, if they do go through with this, I do hope the property where the old swimming pool was located is preserved. Everytime I see that piece of land over there (along with the old lighthouse), I envision the pool still there full of happy people. This piece of land is a piece of history that should be preserved.

How about Chocolate World's entrance? Unless they plan on accomodating this into the rest of the complex as far as parking and entrance/exit goes, wouldn't the current entrance into CW's lot be eliminated? And how about the old Clubhouse next to there? Unless they plan on blending that into the park. There's no need to remove it, I guess it can be considered historic, it's been there almost as long as the pool was (and longer if you consider the pool's removal - lol).

And the yellow box you drew (the top half of it to be exact) is actually the area where the parking lot entrance is now. That, along with that section of new lots by Giant Center was part of the old golf course. Even if they were to utilize the orange section you have highlighted, that's still plenty of space for them to work with. Without a doubt we could see another major coaster planned for this area. That's probably one of the major reasons that the park may also be looking into expanding out there, if they currently are planning for another coaster in the very near future.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:30 am

A Hersheypark Discussion Untitled-2

Here's a picture that I made from HP Crazy days.
    Just pay attention to the black and white. That's where the entrance is, the white was where I thought it would expand the entrance, though the turnaround of Comet is there. The green is the flow of visitors. It works almost exactly like how HPCrazy mentioned, with one entrance.

Nevermind the yellow and pink, but the blue is where the swimming pool complex is / was. I think they can work around that. Chocolate World is in red and I think it would be fine with the expansion. (I don't feel like going into specifics since this was already discussed Smile )

Then you can see how much land there is for expansion, which is amazing. As for Park Ave, they could probably forget about continuing it through the lots like it is, and make that just a parking lot road, and if you look at the bottom of the map, they can run it above 422 and N. 1st street, around the park off the diagram to the left and up.

Also, I quote myself from the post on the HPCrazy site:
    The black is the current entrance, where I took it a step further and tried to find out how the entrance to the new portion would work. I didn't see any logic in two entrances, unless the distance is great. The current entrance would be pretty centered with the expansion. The white is where I got creative and made a possible expansion for the entrance gate. Since I didn't have it zoomed in, I didn't put into perspective Comet's turnaround that goes past there, so I don't think the white could be possible. Also, if they keep the current entrance by itself and make the new portion, isn't Comet in the way?

So, I did have an idea about the entrance from a while back. It corresponds with what HPCrazy said here, too. But, take into consideration the part I italicized.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:25 pm

This area could probably hold 2 major coasters and also take a look at the lake towards the lower end on the park. That would be a good spot for a lakeside-themed area. As far as 2010 season goes, I'd rather have them do nothing next year and then move over to the golf course and start something over there for 2011.
    What could happen is this:
    -The park gets all the land to work with.
    - Half is given to the park and the other half is for random development.
    -The park gets nothing and its put towards a random project.

If the park doubles in size, I believe that they would need to add a transport ride (which might already be needed).
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:38 pm

A transport ride has already been needed ever since the Skyride was removed. I'm not going to get into much what I've already said before, but they do have three transport rides already that don't serve their purpose at all.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:11 am

I like the idea of a lakeside theme area, or small rides on the lake, like paddleboats or raft rides. A transport ride is needed, maybe a skyride from the existing park to the proposed area of land, or a train that (long ride, I would think) has stations where you can board and get off in different sections of the park, or just a tram ride.

I would also guess that if HP acquires the land, then they would not make mention of it until development of a ride or something begins, otherwise people would look at it and see a whole bunch of land with nothing on it. Maybe they will develop outwards, slowly opening up new areas from close to park to the farthest away.

I highly doubt anything will go with the "golf course park expansion project" or whatever this year or even next year. HP has a lot of planning to do and all the time they want to think about it.

Quote HPCrazy
    they do have three transport rides already that don't serve their purpose at all

That is completely true and something that has bothered me for many years.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Well another train could be possible. Dorney has two trains (even though they are both round-trip). I highly doubt we'd see something over there next year. I would think that would require a major announcement by the park and if it would be on the agenda for next year, we would've heard something by now. Expect something to go over there maybe the year after next. This doesn't mean that they are already planning something for over there. Going through a majority of the remainder of this year and next year with planning wouldn't be anything new at all, IMO.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:51 pm

We'll definitely find out when they plan something big, but it won't be this year.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:23 am

There were some markings near the Tram Circle Tram exit. In front of the old pool, but before the road. Could this have something to do with the (possibly) 2011 expansion? Sorry, no pictures I was not in the picture taking mood for some reason.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:13 am

If these are immediately right next to the road, then they might possibly be for sewer or electical lines. What did the markings look like?

In my opinion, I don't think this makes any sense because Creekside Catering is up the road farther and to expand into the parkside Golf Course, they would possibly need to build the bridge up where the Starlight Ballroom used to be.

Knowing Hershey, anything is possible.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:44 pm

^ I completely agree with you second paragraph.

The markings could mean anything, but since we don't know what they looked like, we can't tell if they meant something for expansion or are water lines etc..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:18 pm