Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

4 posters

Fuji-Q-Highland Builds a New Gerstlauer Eurofighter For 2012

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Fuji-Q-Highland Builds a New Gerstlauer Eurofighter For 2012 Empty Fuji-Q-Highland Builds a New Gerstlauer Eurofighter For 2012

Post  Ccron10 Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Is this ride really the best choice for Fuji-Q? Eurofighters aren't really the highest capacity type of coasters out there and I'm sure being long doesn't help. Will it be a winning people eater in a park with far and few between or will it just add to the chaos with 3 hour lines?
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Fuji-Q-Highland Builds a New Gerstlauer Eurofighter For 2012 Empty Re: Fuji-Q-Highland Builds a New Gerstlauer Eurofighter For 2012

Post  Fanatic Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 pm

In my opinion the park is already kind of tight and crowded, but a Eurofighter will be an interesting ride to see there. It will probably add to the waits, but maybe take time of the other popular rides.
    It's an interesting park and I like the rides they have. This ride will probably fit the skyline well when it's done, if nothing else.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Fuji-Q-Highland Builds a New Gerstlauer Eurofighter For 2012 Empty New World's Steepest Coaster - Takabisha

Post  Fanatic Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Been following this for a little while, it looks like it has finally opened:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2012661/Worlds-steepest-rollercoaster-Japans-Takabisha-breaks-British-record.html

The park is set in the shadow of Mount Fuji, but there is little time to enjoy the view of snow-capped mountain as the ride lasts just 112 seconds .
    The nerve-jangling plunge comes amid seven stomach-flipping twists over nearly two miles of track.
    The ride's designers have called in adjudicators from the Guinness Book of World Records, which ratified that the drop, involving a 121-degree freefall, is the steepest on any attraction anywhere in the world.
    Takabisha, which translates as 'dominant' in English, relies on a combination of gravity and a set of linear motors on the cars.
    These accelerate the coaster to speeds of 100kmph.
    121 DegreesFuji-Q-Highland Builds a New Gerstlauer Eurofighter For 2012 SteepestCoaster

Off-Ride

On-Ride
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Fuji-Q-Highland Builds a New Gerstlauer Eurofighter For 2012 Empty Re: Fuji-Q-Highland Builds a New Gerstlauer Eurofighter For 2012

Post  HPCrazy Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:23 pm

Was this Intamin or the company (forget the name) that built Kennywood's Skyrocket? The lift looks more like something along the lines of Skyrocket.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:30 pm

The lifts do look alike. When I checked around, news sites say it is a Gerstlauer EuroFighter. It's actually very similar to SAW - The Ride at Thorpe Park.
    The Fuji-Q Highland page on Screamscape mentions it somewhere in the middle of the page.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Fanatic wrote:The lifts do look alike. When I checked around, news sites say it is a Gerstlauer EuroFighter. It's actually very similar to SAW - The Ride at Thorpe Park.
    The Fuji-Q Highland page on Screamscape mentions it somewhere in the middle of the page.
    It's not similar by a longshot. The layout is completely different with one-of-a-kind elements.

The company that manufactured Sky Rocket was Premier Rides.

By the way, I merged your topic with one we already have.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:45 pm

^ Thanks for the merge. Sorry - I must have missed it when I was checking for similar topics.

I'm not really sure if you are referring to Sky Rocket or SAW - The Ride.. scratch
    coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  coasteral Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Now that looks like the tallest steepest drop ever!!!!! Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:31 pm