Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+3
gardener14
gb980109
Ccron10
7 posters

Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread Empty Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread

Post  Ccron10 Sun May 22, 2011 1:44 pm

The Boardwalk isn't even open yet and it seems that the 2011 hours for Hersheypark Christmas Candylane have already been posted:
    Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread Candylane11
    (From the official Hersheypark website)
    Looks like they cut a few weekdays in the beginning of December.

Here's also the schedule for Sweetlights:
    Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread SweetLights11
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread Empty Re: Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread

Post  gb980109 Sun May 22, 2011 3:05 pm

For Candylane hours, I'm pretty sure that's the way it used to be a bunch of years ago, except that the December M-T hours were 12-9 instead of 5-9 like they've been (since at least 2009?). I seem to remember working from noon to 9pm on the weekdays in late December, but that was a good number of years ago (at least 6), so I'm not positive about that.
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread Empty Re: Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread

Post  gardener14 Thu May 26, 2011 10:18 am

One change I see from 2010 is that there are less weekdays open. In 2010, Christmas Candylane was open every day starting Dec. 9. In 2011 it is open every day starting Dec. 16. (except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both years).
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:31 pm

The rides list, food and drink, and entertainment pages have been updated.

Comet Hollow will be open with Wave Swinger and Granny Bugs being the only two rides for this area. Merry Derry Dip Funslides will be set up in Pioneer Frontier (similar to a few years ago), but the location is unknown.
    For food and drink, only Comet Treats will be open in Hollow with Nut Hut being moved up to possibly where it's Christmas location usually is.
    There is also going to be a new Christmas show in Music Box Theatre, but it's to be announced later.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:58 pm

The Music Box show announcement has been on there for awhile now. Thanks for pointing out the other changes. I took notice of them last week. They really couldn't move the Fun Slide where they used to put it because First Aid/Rides Office is now in that spot. Maybe there's a chance it will be down by Fahrenheit?
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread Empty Ticket Prices Posted!

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:58 pm

http://www.christmasinhershey.com/christmas_candylane/tickets.php

2011 Christmas Candylane prices officially posted.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread Empty NEW CHRISTMAS SHOW ANNOUNCED! :D

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:21 pm

"A Rockin' Music Box Christmas

Bring your whole family to the Chevrolet Music Box Theatre as we celebrate Christmas in Hershey in the new old fashioned way! Our talented cast and crew will bring you tidings of comfort and joy with a rock-n-roll twist in this all new Christmas revue."

Hersheypark's NEW Christmas show in Music Box Theater
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:12 pm

NEW Christmas in Hershey video!! FINALLY!!(How many years have they had the one with Katie and just kept re-uploading it)

https://youtu.be/47B7Q1kTWpA

Last edited by Belo777 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link error)
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:23 am

Almost one week until our Christmas meet-up at Hersheypark! If you plan on joining us, be sure to come decked out in your festive Holiday garb and join us as we celebrate the season! We'll meet at Chocolate World's main entrance at 3:00 p.m. Hope to see you there!

More info about the meet-up can be found here:

https://keystonethrills.forumotion.com/t339-keystone-thrills-christmas-meet-up

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=198015910264069
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Hersheypark Chirstmas Candylane 2011 Discussion Thread Empty Something to think about...

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:42 pm

I know this really isn't "News" anymore since this has passed.. But, Sweet Lights was closed on November 22nd due to rain. This made me wonder something, when it snows, does Sweet Lights have a certain way to plow snow? Since all the light displays are very close to the road, and on the sides of the road the whole course they have lights strung(To guide you better) I've always wondered how they would plow large amounts of snow. Any thoughts?
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:52 am

Okay... Why does the HP site at the top say the park is open 12pm-10pm today, when the calender says 5pm-10pm?
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Belo777 wrote:Okay... Why does the HP site at the top say the park is open 12pm-10pm today, when the calender says 5pm-10pm?
    It says 5-10 currently.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:23 am

gb980109 wrote:
    Belo777 wrote:Okay... Why does the HP site at the top say the park is open 12pm-10pm today, when the calender says 5pm-10pm?
    It says 5-10 currently.

Yupp, I saw. They changed it.
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:49 pm

I may make an appearance on December 27th, check back latter for more definite plans Smile
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:08 am

CoasterBGW wrote:I may make an appearance on December 27th, check back latter for more definite plans Smile
    If so, then maybe we could meet-up or something.
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Unfortunately, the weather doesn't appearing to be cooperating for tomorrow. So, the chance of me making it to the park are slim.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:58 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:Unfortunately, the weather doesn't appearing to be cooperating for tomorrow. So, the chance of me making it to the park are slim.

That's too bad. :/
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:15 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:Unfortunately, the weather doesn't appearing to be cooperating for tomorrow. So, the chance of me making it to the park are slim.

I was at the park that night you're referring too (Tues. Dec. 27). It was the first of my three nights at the park. It was kind of cool because the park was open, but there were very few patrons. It stopped raining at around 5:30-6pm. They kept many rides closed for the night, but also kept many rides open. Honestly, they could have opened most everything after the rain ended, but I think they didn't want to staff the entire park for so few visitors, so they kept open a good variety of rides for each demographic. For example, Kissing Tower, Dry Gulch Railroad, and Monorail were open, but Sky View was closed. Wave Swinger and Scrambler were open, but the Claw and Pirate Ship were closed. Half the kiddie rides were open, so there was something for everyone, and the shows went as usual. Some food outlets were closed, but the major ones were open.

The cool thing was being at the park with enough customers to make it feel open, but few enough to create zero lines. We walked on to everything, and I really enjoyed the lights and music without any extra commotion from crowds of people.

The following two nights were much more crowded, and equally fun, but I'm glad I got to visit on that one unique night when the rain stopped just after the park opened.
    jray95
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  jray95 Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:32 pm

We (me, wife, 5yo daughter) were there Wed and Thurs nights and had a blast. Wed night was pretty windy so it felt a lot colder and we left around 8:30. I don't know if the temp was higher Thurs night but the wind was gone and we didn't really get cold at all.

Kissing tower wasn't running either night we were there but we were able to get on to most everything else with reasonable lines, excluding the Reese indoor ride and Dry Gulch RR the first night. We rode DGRR early the 2nd night and had no trouble getting on. The longest we waited was for the Monorail (~20min) on the first night. After our ride, the line was almost down to the entrance!

NOEL was pretty awesome and we made sure our little girl rode Tiny Tracks several times since it disappears soon.

We didn't get to see much of the Skyrush construction because it was pretty dark by the time we got inside both nights. From what we could see it looked great though. Looking forward to riding it in 2012.

We also drove through Sweet Lights and it was impressive as usual.

Speaking of impressive, the Holiday Chocolate House they built in Chocolate World was impressive as well! Amazing detail with how they used all the candies and such.

I might try to upload a few pics once I get them sorted out in the next few days.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:20 pm

jray95 wrote:
    Kissing tower wasn't running either night we were there but we were able to get on to most everything else with reasonable lines,

Kissing Tower was operating Tues. night when everything was wet after the rain, but temps were warm. We were the only riders on our ride because so few people were there. It was closed Wed. (wind I presume) and Thurs. (icey conditions I presume). It was funny riding the Sky View on Thursday with icicles hanging from the chair's roofs. I was quite impressed that after the wind died down on Wed. they opened Frontier Flyers and Sky View for the last hour or so. We got walk-ons on each at 8:30-9pm. That was very nice of them instead of just keeping them closed for the short time left.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:57 pm