Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+3
coasteral
HPCrazy
Ccron10
7 posters

Hersheypark In The Dark 2011 Discussion Thread

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Hersheypark In The Dark 2011 Discussion Thread Empty Hersheypark In The Dark 2011 Discussion Thread

Post  Ccron10 Sun May 22, 2011 1:41 pm

The Boardwalk isn't even open yet and it seems that the 2011 hours for Hersheypark in the Dark have already been posted:
    Hersheypark In The Dark 2011 Discussion Thread HPID_11
    (From the official Hersheypark website)
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Hersheypark In The Dark 2011 Discussion Thread Empty Re: Hersheypark In The Dark 2011 Discussion Thread

Post  HPCrazy Sun May 22, 2011 5:04 pm

I remember these. I think they were posted sometime around STITP if I can remember. I agree, a little too early to be thinking about this already when the main season just started.
    coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Hersheypark In The Dark 2011 Discussion Thread Empty Re: Hersheypark In The Dark 2011 Discussion Thread

Post  coasteral Sun May 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Yeah I want to get through summer first.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:41 pm

"Due to cold temperatures and windy conditions certain rides may not be available at Hersheypark In The Dark."
    ~From Hersheypark website.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:34 pm

[img]Hersheypark In The Dark 2011 Discussion Thread Hpitd_10[/img]

Last edited by Belo777 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit Link)
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:01 pm

I LOVED how they made over that sign with LED's. It's definitely a wise decision to slowly switch over to them for riding lighting, as well as both seasonal events. They are so pretty.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:45 pm

HPCrazy wrote:I LOVED how they made over that sign with LED's. It's definitely a wise decision to slowly switch over to them for riding lighting, as well as both seasonal events. They are so pretty.

I agree.. It really packs the excitement in my opinion. VS a sign with lights that you can hardly see(compared to the LED lights) It's a really welcoming feeling too it... Just BEAUTIFUL all around! Razz

Last edited by Belo777 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix a "Typo")
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Hersheypark in the Dark is closed for Saturday October 29th becuase of the Snowstorm. Zoo America, Hershey Gardens, and several events have been cancelled. Chocolate World is still open from what I know.
    billybobjoebob
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  billybobjoebob Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:17 pm

how much snow fell/laid up there? i'm just north of baltimore, and about 3-4 inches fell here with about 1/4-1/2 inches laying on the ground. although the sleet was really nasty earlier today and made for some horrible traffic on the back roads!
    Kozmo 1
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Kozmo 1 Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:55 am

Posted on the website, ZA and HP will open at 2pm with modified operaton, no roller coasters. I would really like to see an updated/inclusive list before deciding to drive out from Allentown today. I hope they post some more details by noon.

No coasters is ok since I'm takeing my 5 yo, but if it's just the Carousel and kiddie rides, I'll just wait until Candylane at this point. I hope they at least get the DGRR, Monorail, Kissing Tower, Skyride, Flying Falcaon, Pirat, Ferris Wheel and other flats.

I also wonder if they will lower the gate price to something along the lines of what they charge for Candylane since not much will be open.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Went to the Park today for about an hour.... ONE Coaster was up and running.. Wild Mouse!! Very Happy
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:23 am

...And that's a wrap, people! The 2011 Coaster season is now over. Time to weather a winter filled with construction and with our eyes set on 2012 for Skyrush.

Wonder what Skyrush will be called for HPITD 2012?
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:25 am

Ccron10 wrote:...And that's a wrap, people! The 2011 Coaster season is now over. Time to weather a winter filled with construction and with our eyes set on 2012 for Skyrush.

Wonder what Skyrush will be called for HPITD 2012?

I guessed a name a few weeks ago... "SCARErush" ? Probably makes the most sense.
    leapthedips
    leapthedips
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  leapthedips Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:32 pm

I was thinking that "Bloodrush" would work. I really do doubt that Hershey would include the word blood in any of the attraction names.

We did get to HPITD on Friday night. The coasters were all running great despite the fairly cold weather. Fahrenheit and Comet were closed. The crowd was decent, but not too crowded. The longest we waited was about 20 minutes for Great Bear as it was in single train operation. The rest were about a five minute wait.

Someone had told me that Comet has been closed since the flood. I don't recall seeing this before. Can anyone confirm?
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:07 pm

leapthedips wrote:I was thinking that "Bloodrush" would work. I really do doubt that Hershey would include the word blood in any of the attraction names.

We did get to HPITD on Friday night. The coasters were all running great despite the fairly cold weather. Fahrenheit and Comet were closed. The crowd was decent, but not too crowded. The longest we waited was about 20 minutes for Great Bear as it was in single train operation. The rest were about a five minute wait.

Someone had told me that Comet has been closed since the flood. I don't recall seeing this before. Can anyone confirm?

-------
    Nope! It was open after the flood, I rode it many times during HPITD. Very Happy
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:32 am

leapthedips wrote:I was thinking that "Bloodrush" would work. I really do doubt that Hershey would include the word blood in any of the attraction names.

Nope becuase I rode it 3 times about a week and a half ago. It was also open Friday night too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:44 pm