Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

4 posters

Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread

Poll

Would you like to see more site meet-up, get-togethers occur in the future?

[ 6 ]
    Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread Bar_left75%Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread Bar_left13%Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread Bar_left12%Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread Bar_right [12%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Poll closed
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread Empty Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread

Post  HPCrazy Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:14 pm

This is the official thread for site meet-ups and get-together planned by either the site staff or members. I figure this would allow any of us to plan such an event and what you would like to see happen at a meet-up/get-together. What are your thoughts about us doing something like this? How important is it for a site like this to offer chances and opportunities for members to gather? This is the "official" topic for site meet-up discussions.

The first opportunity that we would have for a site meet-up/gathering would be in October for HP in the Dark. I know this has been discussed numerous times but I figured it would be appropriate to move all related-discussions here. August is just around the corner and before we know it, schools and colleges will be back in session, the park's summer season will be officially over, and we'll be looking towards the fall. If we were to have a site meet-up, what would you like to see happen? I know there were some people at this site who were interested, so now is the time to discuss dates, times, ideas, and the like.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread Empty Re: Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:26 pm

I really like the Idea of meet-ups. However I'm only 15 and only get to go twice a year. Next year however I will have my licence and a season pass and will most deffenatly be at a meet-up if you have one.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread Empty Re: Keystone Thrills "Official" Meet-up thread

Post  HPCrazy Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Forgot to post this link:

http://www.halloweeninhershey.com/hersheypark_dark.php
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Like I said earlier, I'll be interested in doing this, but it depends on a few conditions, but I'll find them out once I'm in college. I need to figure out transportation from college to the park, if I might be working that day, if I'll be missing anything at college or home, etc. But as of now it will seem do-able for me.

It could start as a small meet-up and maybe over tie we could get more added on once we keep getting a good turn-out.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:02 pm

I think the turn-out has been doing pretty good around here recently. I know alot of us live within an hour or less from the park and I figure alot of us will be making it out to HP in the Dark this year. It would make sense if a bunch of us met up and have an official "first" meet-up, unlike past times where coasteral and I met up with Ccron10, and so forth.

Also, now's the time to put in your two-cents on what you would like to see for a meet-up. This would also be a prime opportunity to discuss next year's additions (should we be getting something) as well as all these survey markings and such. I feel that now is a good time to begin talking about such an event like this.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:41 pm

Really, what would you like to see for an official site meet-up? Now's the time to discuss. We're going into August....fall is just around the corner. Any ideas or whatsoever, now's the time to discuss and share.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Any ideas? We're in August now. Fall isn't too far behind. Let's see if we can try to get this discussion going.
    The Storm Runner
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:42 pm

I'll probably be working, so look for me!
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:24 pm

That's good to know! I kow Alex (coasteral) and I will be there the first Sunday and Stormwinder told me via PM awhile back that he was planning on being there every Sunday from what I'm aware of. And Coasterbilly did inform that he was interested in a meet-up so I'm guessing he'll be there as well (I hope!). So I guess try to keep an eye out for alot of us!

HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Here is HP's updated HP In the Dark page for anyone interested:

http://www.halloweeninhershey.com/hersheypark_in_the_dark/index.php

I may have posted this elsewhere, but it's to get all who are interested motivated. Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:02 pm

As of now, a meet-up date for HP in the Dark has been discussed for the first Sunday of the event which would be October 17th. As of now I know there are some people interested. Chris said he may or may not be there depending on his schedule and I was talking to two of the members here who work at the park to see if they will be working that day and where.

If it would rain that day, we'd push back our meet-up to the following Sunday, should any of us be able to attend that day. I'm hoping that we could at least push for maybe three or four people total and be able to catch up with some of the workers who are members here and say hello to them.

If you are new to the site, this would be an excellent opportunity to come on out and meet some of us, make new friends and ride some rides. We would also check out the "Attraction 2012" markings visible in the public areas and discuss about them as well as maybe have a group meal together at one of the restaurants.

If this would go well, maybe we can try to push for a CCL, STITP or summer gathering as well, depending on our schedules.

Any ideas an/or suggestions would be appreciated as we have approximately a month until this happens. Please remember that this event will not be "official" as it is basically just a group of us getting together on our own time to enjoy the park. If you do plan to meet up with us, you will be responsible for your own admission ticket and money for food.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:12 pm

I was just thinking of how well our first meet-up at Hersheypark in the Dark went. Even though it was a small group, a great time was definitely had by all! Many thanks goes out to Hersheypark for choosing us to help unveil their new marketing strategy for "Project 2012"! This was definitely a memorable occasion for us here at the site.

But anyways, who all would be interested in maybe having a "Season Starter" meet-up for Springtime in the Park? Maybe it's something that can be discussed over the winter, and maybe we'll be able to accumulate a larger group of people for the next occassion. The Reese's X-treme Cup Tournement was an excellent idea and I think should definitely be carried on to the next meet-up so that newcomers will also have a chance at it. Maybe some new stuff as well.... Any ideas?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:20 am

^I know you said that you wanted your Christmas visit to be more of a time to spend with your family, but I might be willing to start a small group get-together depending on who is interested. Looking at the calender so far, I might be able to go 2 or 3 times during Christmas Candylane.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:38 pm