Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

5 posters

KEYSTONE THRILLS "HP IN THE DARK" MEET-UP

HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

KEYSTONE THRILLS "HP IN THE DARK" MEET-UP  Empty KEYSTONE THRILLS "HP IN THE DARK" MEET-UP

Post  HPCrazy Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:40 pm

KEYSTONE THRILL MEET-UP: Oct 17, 2010

When: October 17th
    Where: Hersheypark, Hershey, PA
    Start time: don't have an official time yet, we'll have something at a later date

We are proud to announce our first group meet-up for the Keystone Thrills site! It will take place at Hersheypark, during their "Hersheypark in the Dark" event, on Sunday, October 17th. If it rains that day, we would push back our meet-up to the following Sunday, October 24th. I'm hoping that we could aim for at least three or four people total and be able to catch up with some of the workers who are also members at the site/forum and say hello to them.

If you are new to the site, this would be an excellent opportunity to come on out and meet some of us, make new friends and ride some of the rides. We would also be checking out the "Attraction 2012" markings (only the markings that are visible from the public areas) as a group and discuss our opinions and thoughts together about what's currently going on in that area. We would also maybe have a group meal together at one of the restaurants together as a group.

Any ideas an/or suggestions to help make this gathering a success would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE -- Please remember that this event will not be "official" as it is basically just a group of us getting together (being fans of the park as well as coaster/park enthusiasts) on our own time to enjoy the park together as a group. If you do plan to meet up with us, you will be responsible for your own admission ticket and money for food. General admission for Hersheypark in the Dark is $26.95 per person ($38.95 two-day and $48.95 three-day). Giant food stores will be selling discounted tickets during the event - you can find a list of participating stores on the Halloween in Hershey homepage. If you are younger than 18 years of age and are bringing a parent, grandparent, or guardian, we ask that they remain with you during the duration of the meet-up.

We will probably meet up at the Milton S. Hershey statue in front of the carousel at a designated time which will be posted at a later date.

Hope to see you there!

P.S. -- if you haven't joined our Facebook group, you can do so by clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119236738096285#!/group.php?gid=119236738096285&v=wall Feel free to share pics of your park trips, talk to other members, organize events, etc. Currently, there is a "Attraction 2012" topic in the "Discussions" area if you want to expand on that topic further over there.

For more info on Halloween in Hershey: http://www.halloweeninhershey.com

EDIT: There is also a notice for this gathering on our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119236738096285&ref=ts if you haven't joined!
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

KEYSTONE THRILLS "HP IN THE DARK" MEET-UP  Empty Re: KEYSTONE THRILLS "HP IN THE DARK" MEET-UP

Post  HPCrazy Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Less than a month away folks! So far we have several people interested: myself, coasteral, Stormwinder, intaminfan08, and Ccron10. Two or three more may be interested so I'm sure we'll know more about them closer to the time. Any ideas or anything that you think would be beneficial for the meet-up would be appreciated. Also be sure to spread the word to your friends, family, or whoever may be interested in theme parks, meeting coaster/park enthusiasts, or riding roller coasters to join us. Sure to be a great time!
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

KEYSTONE THRILLS "HP IN THE DARK" MEET-UP  Empty Re: KEYSTONE THRILLS "HP IN THE DARK" MEET-UP

Post  Ccron10 Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:09 am

There are two more weeks until Keystone Thrills' first website meet-up. To make this event even better I have got an idea about two games to make the meet-up even better.

The first game is a scavenger hunt/ bingo game where you (or your team) have to find objects or events happening in the park and when you get bingo (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal), and be the first or second person to present your bingo card, you win a packet of brochures and park maps.

The second game is a Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge tournament. In this game, all partisapating wait in line and all ride through Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge and the first and second highest scoring persons recieve a packet of brochures and park maps.

If you are planning on attending, post and let us know below. I want to try to get a list together on who is attending so we don't forget about anybody while we're waiting for everyone to arrive.

More info will be coming soon this week.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:31 pm

We're almost a week away folks! If you are planning on either attending or not, we need to know by either this weekend or early next week so we can finalize on what's going on. We would appreciate it if you could help by spreading the word...invite your family, friends, etc. Hope to see you there!
    woozybear
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  woozybear Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:21 pm

I will know by Tuesday at the latest if I am able to make it or not. I'm hoping I can even if it's just for a little bit.
    The Storm Runner
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:15 pm

I work till 5:30, so be sure to scope Midway America for a ride op named Nick!
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:18 pm

We surely will! We'll also be on the look out for other park employees who may be members of this site and say hi to them who may be working. Do you know which ride you'll be at. You should know by now my name is Matt and you probably saw my pics in my various PTR's lol!
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:28 pm

HPCrazy wrote:We surely will! We'll also be on the look out for park employees who may be members of this site and say hi to them who may be working. Do you know which ride you'll be at. You should know by now my name is Matt and you probably saw my pics in my various PTR's lol!
    You guys can correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure it varries from park to park, but I think the ride ops. don't get a given ride to operate (just a section of the park). They usually find out what ride they will operate when they go to the ride operations building when they arrive at work.

If you see someone wearing a Hersheypark employee hat without the uniform, then that's more than likely me.

I am also wondering how to go about getting 2 tickets. I plan on using one next Sunday and the other the last Sunday. Would I need to buy two single day tickets or the two day admission? The reason why I ask this is that the park could mean that the 2 day tickets are for two consecutive days.
    The Storm Runner
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:50 pm

^Yup, you're right about ride assignments. And even then, there are times we are placed in other areas of the park, which always makes it interesting. Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:55 pm

As long as we know you'll be out in Midway somewhere, that's all that matters. I think you were running Wildcat when I was there on June 6th. I may have saw you there as we rode it after the shower hit. We'll keep an eye out for name tags when we're out there. My best description would be that I'm tall, blonde, have glasses with the transitional lenses, and will probably be wearing my green Hersheypark: Rugged Issue t-shirt. I usually don't wear a hat when I'm there in October.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:54 am

One week left and counting down...
    A small change on the game line-up: Instead of a bingo/scavenger hunt game, it will be more of a trivia game about the park's history and where certain things are inside the park.

I went by the park today and it seems like they have Storm Runner's Halloween sign up. Here are two photos taken today with Lightning Racer at dusk.

KEYSTONE THRILLS "HP IN THE DARK" MEET-UP  69502_1587193953273_1038519439_1691765_4693839_n

KEYSTONE THRILLS "HP IN THE DARK" MEET-UP  69502_1587193873271_1038519439_1691763_4370740_n
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:44 pm

Only a few days folks....we need definite answers on who is or isn't attending. If you can let us know in the next day or two, that would be great. Thanks.

EDIT: Weather forecast looks great for the whole weekend. Friday has showers in the morning, while both Saturday and Sunday look spectacular with sunny skies. Fall has definitely arrived!
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:32 pm

We need to know by tomorrow evening on who is coming and who isn't. If you can please let us know by then, that would be great. Thanks.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:24 pm

As you know, Ill be there.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Stormwinder wrote:As you know, Ill be there.

What time are you planning on being there? Do you know what coasteral, Ccron10 and I look like? The Storm Runner will be working out in Midway somewhere.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:59 am

HPCrazy wrote:
    Stormwinder wrote:As you know, Ill be there.

What time are you planning on being there? Do you know what coasteral, Ccron10 and I look like? The Storm Runner will be working out in Midway somewhere.

I sent you a PM yesterday. Ill be there when it opens at 2:00. I have to help my brother in the Costume contest at 3:30.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Okay, here's the agenda so far:

coasteral and I plan on arriving sometime between 1 and 1:30 pm. Ccron10 may or may not be coming with us depending on whether his roommate will be dropping him off.

Park opens at 2:00. Anyone planning on meeting us at this time should let us know by tonight if possible. Meeting spot would be M.S. Hershey statue in Founder's Circle if anyone plans on meeting up at this time. Coasteral and I would meet up with Ccron10 at this spot during this time if his roommate drops him off.

Stormwinder plans on meeting up with us at the Music Box Theatre at 4:30. If for any reason we aren't there at that time, we exchanged cell #'s and will be in touch. Chris, is it okay if I give you his cell as well? I can PM it to you.

The Storm Runner will be out in Midway working somewhere. We'll be meeting up with him to say "hi" at some point when we're out there.

Some of the highlights will be the trivia game that Ccron10 has prepared, as well as a group dinner at one of the restaurants. I usually prefer Minetown but can we discuss that further amongst whoever's there. Everyone's budgets should also be considered with this.

This will be updated, should anyone else plan on meeting up with us during the duration of the day.

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Stormwinder plans on meeting up with us at the Music Box Theatre at 4:30. If for any reason we aren't there at that time, we exchanged cell #'s and will be in touch. Chris, is it okay if I give you his cell as well? I can PM it to you.
    Sure. No problem.

Also let's not forget the RECC tournament as well. 1st and 2nd place in this and the Trivia Contest win a prize! Surprised
    The Storm Runner
    The Storm Runner
    Contributor
    Contributor

Post  The Storm Runner Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:32 pm

If I'm at Granny Bugs, then we're having the trivia contest at Granny Bugs. lol jk Very Happy
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Tomorrow is the Keystone Thrills meet-up and we plan on having 6 people attending in all. We will be meeting at the Hershey Statue in Founder's Circle at 2pm. Just look for someone with a Hersheypark hat, say that you are a member of Keystone Thrills and your username is "******" or that you are a facebook fan of the site and give me your name.
    Hope to see you tomorrow!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 pm