Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

5 posters

Keystone Thrills HP in the Dark Meet-up

HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Keystone Thrills HP in the Dark Meet-up Empty Keystone Thrills HP in the Dark Meet-up

Post  HPCrazy Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:28 pm

This is basically a continuation of the thread that was at the other site. It's for any members of this site who are interested in having a meet-up this October for HP in the Dark.

So far what has been discussed:

-Several members interested
    -Sundays work the best (light crowds)

Any ideas or dates for a meet-up can be discussed right here.

**EDIT**

Here are the 2009 prices for HP in the Dark, as well as the days that it's open:

http://www.halloweeninhershey.com/hersheypark_dark.php
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Keystone Thrills HP in the Dark Meet-up Empty Re: Keystone Thrills HP in the Dark Meet-up

Post  Ccron10 Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:36 pm

We might have this event for 2 additional days. Depending on when I go, I might go on a Friday evening to pick up the tickets and then go Satuday. It depends on the outcome of people interested on doing this (and myself) and if this trip happens.

Right now the dates that are available for me are:
    -Friday October 16 and Sat October 17
    or
    -Friday October 30 and Sat October 31
    or if this doesn't happen:
    -Sunday Oct. 18
    or
    -Sunday Nov. 1

This would probably spread the dates out and give you guys a chance if one day doesn't work, the other would.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Keystone Thrills HP in the Dark Meet-up Empty Re: Keystone Thrills HP in the Dark Meet-up

Post  Fanatic Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Well, I'm still on the list of interest but not confirmation. I checked out the link and now know all the info and rates. Thanks.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Yes, I do know you're definitely interested, not just sure yet if you know you'll be coming around. Wink
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:44 pm

Didn't see your post about dates, but Sundays are definitely the best for both Alex and I, especially the first Sunday. The park isn't busy at all. Saturdays are totaly nightmares as the place is packed.

I really hope that we'll get to see the first site meet-up happen this October. Perhaps whoever is or maybe coming, we can make a list of people confirmed to show up and so forth. I know KDFansite did this.

And yes Fanatic, I know you're definitely interested lol! Very Happy
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:59 pm

^ Lol, ok! Laughing

I have a little bit of persuading to do before I have the official "remark". Very Happy
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:12 pm

I understand your situation. Hopefully you'll get to meet up with us this October (with a little persuading - lol).
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:50 am

Yup, lol. And Halloween falls on a Saturday this year, I believe - so that would be good too.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:03 pm

There has been a change of plans. Since school gets in the way of it, I will not be going to the park on Friday. This means that I will probably be going on the first Sunday of Hersheypark in the Dark. I know Matt has expressed some interest in this date, so we might be able to all meet up. I think the date is October 18th?
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:05 am

Yes that would be the 18th. I also talked to Stormwinder as well and as long as plans permit, he wants to meet-up as well. Alex and I always do the first Sunday because it's usually not so crowded (except for when we did a Saturday in 2007 and the place was nightmare).

Fanatic, I hope things will really work out for you because it would be awesome for you to meet up as well! Wink
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:21 pm

I've done so thinking and I've decided to rather hang out with my family instead of meet-up. If you do see me there, feel free to say hello, but I rather go around freely with my parents and spend time with them. Sorry.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:25 pm

I think it's time to revive this thread again. HP in the Dark is soon coming up and that means your "end of the season" spins on your favorite coasters and rides that will not be available for Christmas.

Me and my friend Alex will be there on the 18th. I also said something to one of my other friends but I'm not too sure if he's going on the 18th or not. I did mention to him if that day didn't work out that maybe we can do it some other time (just him and I). While enjoying the park, please feel free to stop by and say a quick hi (you'll see me in some of my T/R's on here, Coaster-net and TPR). I'll probably be wearing my green "Hersheypark: Rugged Issue" t-shirt with a light jacket over it. If you also want to arrange a meeting spot, that's fine too and maybe we can hang out for a little bit. Either way, I hope to see some of you there!
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Today is the last day of Hersheypark in the Dark and I'm guessing that some of us may have made it out there. Oh well, time to put away the coasters for the winter.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Unfortunately, I didn't make it out at all. The major reason was because of the lousy weather and busy schedules. Not a good year for Oct at HP at all (except two Sundays I think). Instead, I requested them to send me a 09 map and they did.

I will be at Candylane this Saturday (the 14th) for all who are interested and want to meet up that day (or evening actually lol).
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:58 pm

This is basically a continuation of what never did happen last year. I think it's important that we as a site hold small meet-ups where we can interact with each other and get to compare faces with the names. It's for any members of this site who are interested in having a meet-up this October for HP in the Dark.

So far here's what goes:

-I know of two members who are already interested
    -Sundays work the best (light crowds).

Any ideas or dates for a meet-up can be discussed right here.
    The 2010 prices for HP in the Dark will eventually be posted at this link closer to the time of the event:

http://www.halloweeninhershey.com/hersheypark_dark.php
    coasterbilly
    coasterbilly
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  coasterbilly Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:19 am

any sunday in October works for me, I know I'm newer but have been riding for 12 years and it's so much fun meeting up with people from sites like this because we are all there for the same reason, which makes it quite a memorable day filled with convos, catching up, and coasters, nothing better! Very Happy
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:51 pm

I might be interested, but it depends on many factors such as work, transportation, classes and college. But since I will only be 10 to 15 minutes from the park, I might be able to go. But it's still a few months away.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Maybe as we get more into next month, we can discuss about it further. It would be nice for several of us to meet and do some of the rides together. Perhaps maybe a group photo could be in the works as well.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Thought I would post this here as well since this is more of an appropriate topic for discussion:

Well the 4th has come and gone (I always consider that to be the middle of the summer) and soon we'll be in the middle of July. Just two full months until October and before we know it HP in the Dark will be happening. Just thought I would revive this topic again and try to get a meet-up discussion going.

Right now is the time for you to throw in your two-cents. What would you want to see happen at a meet-up? Right now is the time to voice your opinion and give your thoughts as to what we can do for a meet-up at HP in the Dark!
    coasteral
    Hydra: The Revenge Level
    Hydra: The Revenge Level

Post  coasteral Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:58 am

Yes it was a very tough year for me last year. Im doing much better so my plan is to be there with matt this year. (formaly known as HP Crazy)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:41 am