Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+2
HPCrazy
Ccron10
6 posters

Keystone Thrills: Version 4

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Keystone Thrills: Version 4 Empty Keystone Thrills: Version 4

Post  Ccron10 Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:28 pm

Hey guys!
    With the off-season fast approaching, it's time to start thinking about getting the site ready for 2012! We've had a very successful 2011 season with the blog raking in close to 47,500 visitors since the end of March, the forums featuring 283 members and the website with a few members being featured in the newspaper and television several times. It is now time to grow!

Right now I have several ideas, but I am interested in hearing what you guys want to see on the new Keystone Thrills.
    Here's what I want to see:
    -easier to visit domain name.
    -the blog and forums being merged into one.
    - New site logo
    - park guides
    - historical photo and archive section
    - a new website style.

Again, I want to hear what you guys would like to see so more can be added on to this list! Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Keystone Thrills: Version 4 Empty Re: Keystone Thrills: Version 4

Post  HPCrazy Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Can't wait to see how things turn out as we go into the next months leading into the new year! 2011 definitely has been a great year for the site!

The historical photo/info section should definitely be a "must-add". I know a lot of us have historical Hershey items that can be donated. I'm not sure how many of us have historical items from other PA parks but it would be cool to see some more items put up on here for sure.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 pm

I agree with all of that especially the archieves, easier domain name, and new logo. Archives will even be valuable as early as next year when the entire skyline changes with Skyrush. Domain name is also important because even if you search "Keystone Thrills" on Google you get the blog site first which is also why it needs to be merged. The logo now in my opinion isn't all that professional looking and isn't something you can use regularly such as putting at the bottem of pictues. A better looking logo would just help in small ways.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:33 pm

I like all of those ideas!

Although the current domain name isn't very hard to visit, having it be keystonethrills.com or something similar would be great.
    An official logo will definitely be a plus, not just for the website banner, but also for adding to media or possibly merchandise in the future.
    An organized historic photo section and archive is a must, like said. There are a lot of interesting historic photos posted throughout different threads, and having them in an easy to navigate area would be extremely helpful.

The only other idea I can think of at the moment would be a video section to go with the photo section. Also, when videos are uploaded to the KT YouTube page, maybe they can be displayed at the bottom in an embedded player (in place of the chatbox).
    SupremeScream
    SupremeScream
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  SupremeScream Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:05 pm

Whatever you choose to do, remember I'm here for you... at least the coding part. =]
    warhawk911
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  warhawk911 Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Definitely agree with a better domain name. Blogs do need to be merged as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:34 am