Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+3
HPCrazy
Fanatic
Ccron10
7 posters

THE ALL-NEW KEYSTONE THRILLS WEBSITE!!!

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

THE ALL-NEW KEYSTONE THRILLS WEBSITE!!! Empty THE ALL-NEW KEYSTONE THRILLS WEBSITE!!!

Post  Ccron10 Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:34 pm

That's right! Merry Christmas!
    We are going to kick off the new year in style! You wanted it and you got it!

-PHOTO GALLERY
    You heard me right! Introducing the new site photo gallery where you. Yes, you, can upload your own park photos! Just go to the photos page, click Add Photos, make sure you selected New Album and title you album with the following:
    Username, Park, Date
    Also, make sure the photos are 800x600 pixels in size and captions are optional. Feel free to comment on other people's photos, and make sure they are repectful.

-VIDEO GALLERY
    Upload your coaster or park videos from Youtube (recomended) or right from your computer. Just make sure they at a sutible size.

-BLOG
    Got something you want to discuss? Talk about it in your own personal blog. Tirades will not be allowed and must be respectful to others.

-FALCON K'NEX COASTER
    Introducing the K'nex coaster that will rival Sandstorm from 2009. Keep up-to-date on progress on this page.

-ARCADE
    Relax and play in Keystone Thrills's very own arcade. The selection may be few right now, but over time it is expected to grow.

-CONTACT US:
    Got some interesting news, rumors or stories? Send it in with our contact page. For anything to be posted, it must have some evidence of logical backing, photos, (and)/or video.

To be granted access to these features, you must first sign up. TO do this, you must go to the Members page and click Join Site. It is FREE, easy and is worth it.

Keystone Thrills is an ever-expanding site and with this add-on, we will make the 2010 park season even better.

Starting on January 1st, 2010 we will have a chat discussion happening every Friday night starting at 8:00 PM. To access the chat, just scroll down to the bottom of the homepage in the forums.

Without further a-do. I am proud to welcome you to The Keystone Thrills Homepage.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

THE ALL-NEW KEYSTONE THRILLS WEBSITE!!! Empty Re: THE ALL-NEW KEYSTONE THRILLS WEBSITE!!!

Post  Fanatic Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:05 pm

The new site looks great! I just signed up and I really like what you did.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

THE ALL-NEW KEYSTONE THRILLS WEBSITE!!! Empty Re: THE ALL-NEW KEYSTONE THRILLS WEBSITE!!!

Post  HPCrazy Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:44 pm

This sounds promising. I just got a brand spank'n new digital camcorder for Christmas, so now I can not only record on to VCR tapes, but I can now upload all my future Hersheypark footage onto the computer. Expect some new videos from me, like Reese's X-treme Cup Challenge, the Chocolate World tour, and general park footage, once I get used to using it.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:11 pm

HPCrazy wrote:This sounds promising. I just got a brand spank'n new digital camcorder for Christmas, so now I can not only record on to VCR tapes, but I can now upload all my future Hersheypark footage onto the computer. Expect some new videos from me, like Reese's X-treme Cup Challenge, the Chocolate World tour, and general park footage, once I get used to using it.
    Depending on the tape-style, you could probably upload your old videos as well.
    krosscoasters
    krosscoasters
    Black Diamond Level
    Black Diamond Level

Post  krosscoasters Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:46 pm

Will these forums stay open or will there be new ones?
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:00 pm

This is the forums for the new site. The site has a section of it called the forums, which directs you to here.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:50 pm

krosscoasters wrote:Will these forums stay open or will there be new ones?
    They did have the option of providing forums, but because it wouldn't make sense moving everything again I decided not to add them to the site.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:05 pm

Don't forget, you guys can post photos.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:22 pm

I would like to join the site, but I cant. I already have a webs acount and it wont let me sign up. I tried many things. Mad
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:24 pm

I am currently working on trying to update the Keystone Thrills website to make it the :main entrance to the site and forums. Feel free to post photos, videos, etc.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Chris posted this at our Facebook page, but I thought I would include it here:

The Keystone Thrills website has been updated with a new skin! Let me also add that you can also keep up to date on the latest photo updates in the Attraction 2012 Updates section, upload your very own photos and videos to our database as well as stay up to date with the latest news.
    Check it out and feel free to join for FREE!

http://keystonethrills.webs.com/
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:14 pm

I've taken notice that parts of the site haven't been getting much use. To solve this I plan on moving most of the parks on the main forums page and merging them into one site section. Once these sections seem to get more discussion in them, I will then move them back on to the main forums page.

I also plan on doing a few other small things to the site to make it more benefitial.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Whatever you do, I'm sure it will help in some way or another. It's good to get the whole site used and functioning like a major website. Smile
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Just added a bunch of pictures from the 10/17/10 meet-up to the main site. Click here to view them:

http://keystonethrills.webs.com/apps/photos/
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:52 am

Bad news for the update page. I found out this morning went I went on to check it out and it seems like we've used all our allowed bandwidth up on it. This is because of the amount of traffic it has recieved and when you have a lot of visitors, it eats up bandwidth.
    To combat this, I think it might be for the best to downsize the website a little bit, move it to a blog format, and continue the updates there.
    I'll let you guys know of further developments. Wink
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:10 am

A blog format sounds like a good idea. The forums probably get the most traffic anyways, other than the Attraction 2012 update page. If you think a blog would be a better idea, would we still continue to post video updates at all?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:08 pm

HPCrazy wrote:A blog format sounds like a good idea. The forums probably get the most traffic anyways, other than the Attraction 2012 update page. If you think a blog would be a better idea, would we still continue to post video updates at all?
    Yeah, we recieved over 178 visits in the last 12 hours to the website and let me also note that the forums that we've posting in now are NOT going to be affected because they are two seperate sites. So the forums are fine for the time-being. My biggest concern is getting the word out that the website is being moved because this was something unexpected.
    As for video updates, they can easily be uploaded to youtube and you would just need to send the video to me to add to the youtube account. Then I can just add a link to them in the blog.

Speaking of the blog, I'm going with wordpress which allows 3GB of photos (2,500 photos to be exact). When we reach that limit, don't be too suprised that I either delete a few old posts and/or move them over to a seperate forums page over here. Right now I am currently transfering over all the updates from the Webs website to the blog and I will post the link when I'm finished. Wink
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:26 pm

I've managed to move over all the updates to the new blog, but I still have a few things i want to add to make it more fitting for the site. Here it is:
    http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:57 pm

There must be something wrong with the page because I'm unable to upload it. Also, we're going to have to inform other sites that post that page of the link change. I know Screamscape is one that directs viewers over here whenever we send them updates. Maybe we can archive the older photos into a thread so they can still be viewed.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:49 pm

I guess it's a good and a bad thing. I think it's great that we're getting more viewers, and by the looks of it, more contributors. We need to get mainstream someday.
    I also like the blog format. I checked it out a bit, and it looks great so far. Easy way to keep track of photos updates. Wink
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:22 pm

The link is working this time. Smile It will be nice what can be done with a blog format. Definitely a lot easier for photo updating.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Would the blog be used to archive old photo updates? Such as the Sky Ride Station, etc? Or would it be better off to keep the space for future updates, since there is a usage limit?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Fanatic wrote:Would the blog be used to archive old photo updates? Such as the Sky Ride Station, etc? Or would it be better off to keep the space for future updates, since there is a usage limit?
    It's going to be only current and future updates that haven't been posted.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:52 am

So far the blog has had over 1,000 visits since Monday and there's no bandwidth problem at all. Sounds like the problem has been solved. Smile
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue May 31, 2011 6:55 pm

Today on the keystone Thrills blog we have recieved over 20,000 visits since March 30th. I want to thank everyone who has visited it. I would've never expected it to attract the amount of traffic it has recieved. Very Happy
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue May 31, 2011 8:34 pm

I think we're doing pretty well. Once all this Attraction 2012 hype is over, we'll need to think of ways to help keep the blog interesting.
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Good day for the forums!

THE ALL-NEW KEYSTONE THRILLS WEBSITE!!! Users10
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:04 pm

What a great day! Glad to be a part of it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm