Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

3 posters

Keystone Thrills Forum Upgrade (2-21-12)

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Keystone Thrills Forum Upgrade (2-21-12) Empty Keystone Thrills Forum Upgrade (2-21-12)

Post  Ccron10 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:49 am

It's alive!!

Welcome to the brand-new Keystone Thrills Discussion Forums! This 2011-2012 Off-Season has been a long one , but there's a light at the end of the tunnel and KT is here to make these last few weeks fly-by and crusie along with you into the 2012 Coaster Season! Let's take a look into the brand-new features to the Forums:

Let's start out with the look. The background color may appear to not be too different from the original, but this is not the case. To go along with the reveiling of Hersheypark's 12th Coaster, Skyrush, the text color is goldenrod and boundaryline around the forums is light blue. The KT logo has also been incorperated into the forum design as well.
    Inside the forums, all theme park-related topics have been divided into two sections: PA Parks and Attractions and US and International Parks. There is also a seperate section for Trip Reports as well. The topics in these forums are still being moved around and a Rumor and Construction Section will be added soon.
    When viewing the topic list in the forums, you will be able to hit the, "Jump to latest Post" button located to the right of the username of the latest poster in the Last Post collumn. I know that this was requested frequently in the past, so this should be a welcome addition.
    Similar to Facebook, we now have our own 'like' button called the Reputation button. If you see a topic that you agree with, just go to the top-right of the post and click the small plus (+) sign and the member's reputation will be added on to their account.

Moving out of the Forums section, Keystone Thrills is proud to announce it's first contest! Introducing...
    Keystone Thrills Forum Upgrade (2-21-12) Myster10
    The Mystery Gift!
    So how does one enter? Simple! Just post in the forums! The member who posts the most in the month will win the Mystery Gift for that month! So what could it be? Anything Pennsylvania Park or theme park-related! It could be a brochure, gift card, souvenir, postcard, anything!

This will be a monthly contest starting at 12am on the first day of the month and ends at 11:59PM on the last day of the month. After the contest is over, the top-poster will recieve a message asking for his/her mailing address and will be mailed their prize! If the person can't be contacted, then the 2nd most frequent poster would win (etc.).
    The first mystery Gift Contest will begin on March 1st.

As we get closer to the start of the coaster season, more will be announced so be sure check here often!
    -Chris
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Keystone Thrills Forum Upgrade (2-21-12) Empty Re: Keystone Thrills Forum Upgrade (2-21-12)

Post  Fanatic Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:32 am

I am really liking the overall design of the site. Smile
    I read where you said that the topics are still being moved around a bit, but I was wondering if you are planning on dividing the PA or International sections into sub-divisions for parks -- sort of like you had before but within an organized section.
    Also, are you going to include the new post box (that was previously on the left) back into the page?
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Keystone Thrills Forum Upgrade (2-21-12) Empty Re: Keystone Thrills Forum Upgrade (2-21-12)

Post  Ccron10 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:56 am

Fanatic wrote:I am really liking the overall design of the site. Smile
    I read where you said that the topics are still being moved around a bit, but I was wondering if you are planning on dividing the PA or International sections into sub-divisions for parks -- sort of like you had before but within an organized section.
    Also, are you going to include the new post box (that was previously on the left) back into the page?
    I thought about doing that, but in a different way. I was thinking about doing a system similar to Coaster-Net with a seperate section for Pa Park rumors and construction, Pa Park General Discussion, and same thing for the international parks section. I still need to make these divisions, but instead of having a seperate section for each park (which resulted in several sections being unused), all the Pa Park topics would be together, all US and International park topics would be together, and all trip reports will be together.

I'll also add the New Post box back to the homepage. Wink
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Oh ok, I see what you mean. I think it will work just as well, possibly better than before.
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 pm

I haven't been here in a few days, so I just discovered the new layout. I don't want to be a downer, but I must say that I really dislike all of the PA parks being lumped into one forum. There are topicsd for all different parks that are now jumbled into one category, and it's very offputting when I browse the forum topics looking for just the ones I want.

here in New England we have a great traditional park called Canobie Lake Park. There is a great fan-built website and discussion forum called CanobieFan.com. It's not only a forum for Canobie, but fall all New England parks. Each of the other New England parks have their own subforums, and some are used more frequently than others, but the organization is very user-friendly. I think the same organization would be much better here (like it used to be) than lumping all of PA into one forum. I'd highly suggest reassessing the current layout of the forums. It's a huge downgrade as far as I'm concerned
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:49 am

gardener14 wrote:I haven't been here in a few days, so I just discovered the new layout. I don't want to be a downer, but I must say that I really dislike all of the PA parks being lumped into one forum. There are topicsd for all different parks that are now jumbled into one category, and it's very offputting when I browse the forum topics looking for just the ones I want.

here in New England we have a great traditional park called Canobie Lake Park. There is a great fan-built website and discussion forum called CanobieFan.com. It's not only a forum for Canobie, but fall all New England parks. Each of the other New England parks have their own subforums, and some are used more frequently than others, but the organization is very user-friendly. I think the same organization would be much better here (like it used to be) than lumping all of PA into one forum. I'd highly suggest reassessing the current layout of the forums. It's a huge downgrade as far as I'm concerned
    That section of the forums is still being worked on. I was thinking of going with a setup similar to Thrillnetwork where the topics would be divided into a subforum dealing with PA Park rumor discussions, another for construction updates, and another for general park discussion. I also plan on merging a few threads as well.

If this doesn't work out well, I'll return it to the former park-per-subforum setup. Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:16 pm