Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

5 posters

Welcome to the New Keystone Thrills Forum!

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Welcome to the New Keystone Thrills Forum! Empty Welcome to the New Keystone Thrills Forum!

Post  Ccron10 Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:49 pm

Welcome to the new Keystone Thrills Discussion Forum!

We are the new and improved Hersheypark Crazy forums with more to offer! We don't just cover Hersheypark, but also other parks across the keystone state such as Dorney Park, Kennywood, Knoebels, Waldameer and many more as well as many tourist locations such as Lancaster County, the Grand Canyon of Pa, and others.

While the Hersheypark Crazy forums are under a new name, nothing is going to be downsized on the new forums; in fact they will be made bigger. We now have the photo gallery option to upload your own park pictures and the ability to chat with other members.
    To make this site not just for park enthusiests, we are also adding sections to give soon-to-be visitors some tips, advice, and information to make their families trips be more for-filling and enjoyable. Trust me, none of us would feel good after going to a park and spending $50 on admission, and $10 on parking.

We are not officially open yet, but chances are that if you are reading this now, you are able to sign up, but not post yet. This is because the forums aren't completely finished yet (they still need a fresh coat of paint). Be patient and they should be open in a week or two. Wink
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Welcome to the New Keystone Thrills Forum! Empty Re: Welcome to the New Keystone Thrills Forum!

Post  Ccron10 Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:36 pm

I am pleased to announe that Keystone Thrills is now officially open! This new site which was formerly called Hersheypark Crazy has many new features such as:

-The chatbox which allows you to communicate with other members. The chat is up 24/7, but we will have designated group chats at certain times. Look for these announcements in the Site News section.

-The keystone Thrills Newsletter which will be delivered to you weekly. This letter will be filled with the latest news headlines, popular threads around the forums and more.

-Photo Gallery which is still being worked on.

-A calender to document important dates, events, member birthdays and more.

-Finally a new site style and set-up.

As the rumor and park announcement season gets into full season we promise to be on top of the latest news and updates as soon as we get them.
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Welcome to the New Keystone Thrills Forum! Empty Re: Welcome to the New Keystone Thrills Forum!

Post  gardener14 Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:00 pm

I'm not sure where else to post this, so...

I'm not loving the new green layout for the forums. Not only is the color scheme difficult to read (text doesn't stand out), but the text seems smaller as well. I was much more comfortable reading the previous layout , and I had no complaints about it.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Yeah but I don't think you'd want a holiday/Christmas-themed layout on here in the middle of the summer - lol.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:13 am

Everything is kind of smaller and swapped around, but I agree with HPCrazy. Sometimes I have to hold CTRL and zoom in if I need text to be bigger. But, I can deal with it.
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Honestly, I didn't even realize it was Christmas colors. All I know is that it was easier to read. Perhaps something resembling the old layout can return without the Christmas theme. At least the text could be larger and the colors could stand out better against the background.
    Stormwinder
    Stormwinder
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Stormwinder Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:59 am

It probably wont stay like this for ever. You will eventually get used to it.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm not having any trouble with the new forum skin, but I need to get an idea for a summer forum skin.
    gardener14
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  gardener14 Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:41 pm

Stormwinder wrote:You will eventually get used to it.
    LOL, that's usually good advice..."just get used to it, kid." It goes along nicely with "quit complaining," so I will. I guess I'm the only one who liked things better the old way, so I'll learn to get used to it.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:01 pm

^ Haha. That's a way to look at it.

For a summer skin it should be a solid color. I see spring as being bright, and summer darkens down..
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 pm

Apparently I've been getting a lot of spam messages in my mailbox from guests who aren't members. If you are getting them too, DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK OR REPLY BACK! I am currently trying to figure out a way to fix this problem to prevent guests (who aren't members) from continuously spamming so that you are only allowed to get messages from other members.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:00 pm

I plan on working on the forums and website tomorrow and doing a yearly update. One of the things I plan on doing is changing the forum skin to make it look similar to the website (black and blue). One of my resolutions is to use the website MUCH more and I hope you guys do too! Smile

Happy New Year.
    -Chris
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:07 pm

2011 is going to be a GREAT year for our site with various meet-ups planned through the year, PLUS various music and park videos from Chris and myself, as well as Attraction 2012 updates through the summer. Hope to be able to meet some more of you through the course of the year!
    Fanatic
    Fanatic
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  Fanatic Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Do anything you want to the forums Smile I'm sure they can only be made better! Good idea to switch things up a bit.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:14 pm