Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+32
vw87tech
Mr Talley
AdrenalineJunkie
ts4unc
HPfangirl4life
Park Connoisseur
leapthedips
PSUPrincess22
underslayer
tedgarb
Mister Toro
warfelg
jlinbu
Dmy11
ChiefRedskin89
dr_humor
technocolor
Knowit4000
freakylick
HPCrazy
PixelNuts
PiperArcher
ahecht
Jeter1186
coasteral
CoasterBGW
thom25
QueerRudie
gb980109
Ccron10
BrandonStrouphauer
36 posters

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  CoasterBGW Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:18 pm

RIT Update their website:

8/1/11
    Congratulations to our distinguished class of 24 new Jr. Researchers. Official letters of notification will be sent by close of business today.

Myself and another member have received these emails:

The Ride Institute of Technology has reviewed your application using a proprietary admixture of random forests, naïve Bayesian estimators, RESTful services, gossip protocols, data sharding, Byzantine quorums, erasure coding, vector clocks, and of course, combinatorial optimization.

Having monitored your performance for months, we have observed superior proficiency through online collaboration, problem solving skills, and scientific rigor, and as such, are delighted to offer you the position of RIT Jr. Researcher. With this offer, you have been invited to join the world’s finest minds in the field of advanced ride testing
    and analysis.

You and your class of 24 Jr. Researchers will be contacted by “Mr. Brown,” Manager of Promotions at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company, who works with RIT as an employment contractor in matters requiring discretion. Congratulations on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity—we think you’ll enjoy some of the perks.
    ahecht
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  ahecht Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:42 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:Myself and another member have received these emails:

I got one as well! Woo!
    QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Arizona will be in the house, too...

(Got mine here!)
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm

I received one of those emails as well...this is WAY too exciting! Very Happy

Last edited by HPCrazy on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    warfelg
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  warfelg Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:29 pm

I got one too and am really excited....I'm hoping it has something to do with the opening of the ride, and not something lame and unexciting....
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 pm

For those of you that can't be there tomorrow, from Hersheypark:

What will YOU be doing tomorrow at 12:12? If you aren’t able to join us in person in Comet Hollow, join us on online as we’ll be streaming the announcement LIVE on our facebook page at 12:12 tomorrow!
    PSUPrincess22
    PSUPrincess22
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  PSUPrincess22 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:05 pm

I posted on facebook earlier but I wanted to post here as well... I'm a jr researcher! I'll also be there at the announcement! See everyone there!!! Just a few more hours!!!
    thom25
    thom25
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  thom25 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Congratulations Jr Researchers - you will see me there as well (STOKED). Got m letter in hand and can not wait.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Thank you very much HersheyPark for this live streaming! You make it easy for people that can't make the treck and should be at work! Things like this increadably easy and cheap move make me love Hershey:D .
    vw87tech
    vw87tech
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  vw87tech Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:43 pm

You guys literally got the golden ticket! Congrats
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm

I got one as well and excited for tomorrow.

10 months of antisapation, rumors, speculation,and clues all boil down to what's going to be announced tomorrow...
    PiperArcher
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  PiperArcher Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Hopefully I'll be able to watch the streaming tomorrow. I hope they explain everything. Anyways....what does everyone THINK the coaster will be and what does everyone WANT it to be?

Think: Some sort of Intamin 4D coaster

Want: Intamin Wing Rider
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:07 pm

You can see some people's guesses on the other stats here: http://attraction2012.info/stats/
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:44 pm

In anticipation (and excitement) for the announcement tomorrow, here's a new update: https://keystonethrills.forumotion.com/t317-august-1-the-day-before-the-annoucement#5400

Coast
    Coast
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Coast Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:31 am

CoasterBGW wrote:The meetups were planned on the forums with care,
    In hopes that announcement soon would be there.

The posters were anxious all busy with work,
    While visions of airtime danced in their heads.

Chris in his‘ kerchief, and both Matt's in their caps,
    dreaming of sitting and buckling up, in the coaster's straps!

When out in the Hollow, there rose such a clatter!
    The chosen 24 headed to Hershey, to see what was the matter!
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:27 am

gb980109 wrote:In anticipation (and excitement) for the announcement tomorrow, here's a new update: https://keystonethrills.forumotion.com/t317-august-1-the-day-before-the-annoucement#5400

Great update as always gb980109!

Can't wait to see everyone today! Who's all wearing their LaMarcus t-shirts? I know I will be! Expect lots of pics (and maybe some videos) of the announcement and all the excitement! My video camera does HD video, so I should have somekind of HD video coverage of the announcement. See you all in a few hours! Smile
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:52 am

CTP - website update: http://www.ctpilots.com/lawsui​t.pdf
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 4 Skyrus11

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 4 Train_11

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 4 Attrac12

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 4 Attrac13

Skyrush Fact Sheet

DESIGN FEATURES
    Manufacturer Intamin AG
    Ride Supplier IntaRide LLC, USA
    Model Mega/hyper coaster with winged seating
    Seat Details Cantilever geometry
    Four seats per car (two floored, two floorless)
    Floorless outer seats are winged
    Outer seats offer a 270-degree panoramic view
    Structure Steel track
    Maximum Height 200 feet
    Elements 50-degree ascent
    85-degree descent
    Four high-speed/high-banked curves
    Five airtime hills
    Lift Speed 26 feet per second
    Maximum Speed 75 mph (+/-)
    Track Length Nearly 3,600 feet
    Color Scheme Light blue columns
    Yellow track
    Deep blue trains with yellow accents
    Braking System Magnetic braking system

CAPACITY AND RIDE TIME
    Number of Trains 2
    Capacity per Train 32 riders
    Approximate Ride Time 63 seconds
    Theoretical Ride Capacity 1,350 riders per hour

COST
    Projected Cost $25 million (estimated)

Hersheypark to Debut Its 12th Coaster in 2012 Season
    200-Foot Thrill Ride Will Feature the First Trains of Their Kind in the United States

Rising out of the earth at Hersheypark will soon be a whole new breed of roller coaster – Skyrush, a mega/hyper coaster with winged seating. It will be the tallest, fastest and longest coaster in the Park.
    The train cars of the 200-foot-tall steel coaster will feature two floored seats flanked by two floorless, winged outer seats that will offer a staggering 270-degree panoramic viewing perspective.
    Skyrush, which will feature cantilevered trains that are to be the first of their kind in the United States, will cost approximately $25 million and raise the number of coasters in Hersheypark to an even dozen.
    The train will begin its skyward climb – at 26 feet per second – before it even leaves the station. Upon cresting the track’s peak, the train will plunge down an 85-degree descent and send riders rushing into the first of four high-speed, high-banked turns as they travel at speeds up to 75 mph.
    Riders will feel the rush of five exhilarating airtime hills and transition from positive to negative gravity as they cross over the entire length of Comet, the oldest roller coaster in Hersheypark. Skyrush will travel over Spring Creek, the body of water that was a centerpiece when chocolate magnate Milton S. Hershey opened his park in 1907, and race along nearly 3,600 feet of steel track back to its station.
    The third Intamin coaster in the Hersheypark arsenal, Skyrush will join crowd favorites Storm Runner, built in 2004, and Fahrenheit, built in 2008. It promises to deliver the same high-intensity thrills that Park guests have come to expect from this renowned coaster manufacturer.
    Skyrush will also bring a new coaster sightline to the Comet Hollow section of Hersheypark, where it will interact with Comet, a classic wooden out-and-back coaster that dates to 1946; sooperdooperLooper, which opened in 1977 as the first steel looping coaster on the East Coast; and Great Bear, which debuted in 1998 as the first looping, inverted steel coaster in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
    Hersheypark, which is well known for blending the past with both the present and the future as it offers guests a one-of-a-kind experience, is reclaiming about three acres of land that have been closed to the public since 1972. The land is the site of the Park’s former “Sunken Gardens,” a popular place for early visitors to Hershey to take a stroll. The area is now being transformed not only by the new coaster, but also by a renovation that will result in the creation of a scenic observation path that’s lined by globe streetlights, fencing, trees, landscaping and flowers. The area will allow guests to reflect on the Park’s history while watching riders on a state-of-the-art mega coaster.
    The coaster’s station house is being modeled after historic train stations in the Hershey area. New restroom facilities, games and food stands will replicate the Park’s buildings of yesteryear, and a new floating fountain in Spring Creek will bring back memories of days gone by.
    For more information or to take a “virtual” ride on Skyrush, please visit www.Hersheypark.com. Hersheypark will open for its 2012 summer season on May 4, 2012; Skyrush is scheduled to open later that month.
    ###
    Words in boldface are used under license.

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is proud to help fulfill the dream of our mutual founder, Milton S. Hershey, by supporting Milton Hershey School, the largest home and school in the world, as it continues to provide opportunities for children in need. www.mhskids.org

"Project 2012” Marketing Campaign Fact Sheet

WHAT: Project 2012 was designed to engage the public and create buzz leading up to the official announcement of the new attraction at Hersheypark. The campaign began in October 2010 and continued through the announcement of the attraction on August 2, 2011.
    WHY: Project 2012 was a social media campaign designed to engage Hersheypark guests and the public in anticipation of the Park’s newest attraction.
    WHO: Project 2012 was designed, developed and sustained by several members of the Hersheypark Marketing Team.
    DETAILS: The viral campaign played out on a Facebook group page called “Project 2012,” which served as an open forum of discussion for participants to share the latest puzzles and theories.

Clues were distributed weekly through a variety of fictitious websites, including the Ride Institute of Technology, LaMarcus Brothers Mid-Air Excavation, O'Connell Plumbing & Drain, and Coaster Test Pilot Solutions. The campaign also incorporated additional social media tools, including Twitter and LinkedIn.

Throughout the summer, several clues and events occurred at Hersheypark as well, which encouraged online participants to visit the Park and also engaged Park visitors in the game.

FOR MORE INFO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attraction_2012_(Hersheypark)

dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Very pleased! Excited for our first trip ever next year. Smile
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm rediculously excited for this! New trains seem great and 1300 riders per hour will make everyone there happier even if they don't now it! I'm stoked to feel some of those G's on the outside seats!
    PiperArcher
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  PiperArcher Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:44 pm

I will DEFINITELY be going to Hershey Park next summer. The one problem I see in the car design is that people will be fighting over those floorless seats. I hope one of the websites explains all the clues to us soon. Smile
    JunkiesForFame
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  JunkiesForFame Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:38 pm

That's funny. Everyone was fighting over whether it was going to be a wing rider or a mini I 305 and we got a hybrid of the two.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:59 pm

The trains were kept rediculously secret, I didn't see anyone guess this at all.
    AdrenalineJunkie
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  AdrenalineJunkie Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:49 pm

I am so stoked for this ride! I am so glad that they decided to make everyone happy and give them the wing-rider seats and the traditional seats. It would be awesome to see more parks do these trains to really provide an awesome experience, especially on something like Millennium Force.
    PiperArcher
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  PiperArcher Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:17 pm

If I want to make a Roller Coaster Tycoon recreation, I'll have to wait for someone to make a CTR with those cars on Intamin track. I'm sure someone will do it eventually. Smile
    MilleniumDork
    MilleniumDork
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  MilleniumDork Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Ok, so I know I've been a bit lacking on actual posting, but I've been following closely. And all I've got to say is that, uh, I'm just a liiiittle bit FREAKIN' STOKED. I wasn't able to catch the streaming announcement, but when I watched the video, my jaw dropped a little in excitement for those seats. While an entirely winged train would have been pretty cool, I was hoping for something a bit more traditional- and a smooth, fast ride with lots of airtime. Here we've got the best of both worlds, and I am so very satisfied.

Wish I could've made it to the park today, but Otakon took way too much out of me (financially and physically) this past weekend. Hope the meetup was awesome! (which I'm sure it was)
    technocolor
    technocolor
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  technocolor Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:43 pm

PiperArcher wrote:If I want to make a Roller Coaster Tycoon recreation, I'll have to wait for someone to make a CTR with those cars on Intamin track. I'm sure someone will do it eventually. Smile

The RR team already made that car but its just not on the intamin track....
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:45 pm

The game is not over...

OCPD client login is now updated and is accepting of a username and password (just need to find it).

New letter posted on RIT:
    http://www.rideinstitute.com/images/claytonLetter02.jpg
    ahecht
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:23 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:The game is not over...

OCPD client login is now updated and is accepting of a username and password (just need to find it).

New letter posted on RIT:
    http://www.rideinstitute.com/images/claytonLetter02.jpg

How was that letter found?

Interesting to note that they observed the "winged beast" on an island that, according to Wikipedia, is the size of Switzerland (where Intamin is from).
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Main page of RIT, bottom middle image and link was modified.

Also, for those of you that may have missed the previous update becuase of the announcement... the following document was posted on CTP:
    http://www.ctpilots.com/lawsuit.pdf
    dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:32 pm

So who won the little prediction game?
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Results will be released once I hear back from Hersheypark on the official drop height.
    PiperArcher
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  PiperArcher Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Does that new letter hint at a park expansion. An expansion seems inevitable since Hershey want's to move that road. That would be EPIC!!!! Very Happy
    JunkiesForFame
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  JunkiesForFame Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Did anyone else notice that the skyrush video didn't follow the released layout towards the end. And it looked like NoLimits, just kind of thrown together at the last minute. I think there is a professional version that parks use but it just didn't look very professional. The track wasn't even the right color. I know its just a press release and not a full website yet but I was looking forward to the announcement for something a little more epic like what cedar fair did with Diamonback Oh well, still can't wait to ride it though.
    dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:00 pm

The animation was very, very poorly done. No question about that.

gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Well, it was clearly done in NoLimits. I don't really think there's anything wrong with that. I'm sure that in the coming weeks we'll see more videos of the ride.
    dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:31 pm

It's not that big of a deal, but when you are making such a big deal about your presentation, it would seem that you would spend at least some time on the animation.

For example...Maverick...now 4 years old...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzpe69nk5NY

It was just disappointing. Is it a big deal? No. Does the ride look great? Absolutely.
    ahecht
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:48 pm

dr_humor wrote:It's not that big of a deal, but when you are making such a big deal about your presentation, it would seem that you would spend at least some time on the animation.

For example...Maverick...now 4 years old...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzpe69nk5NY

It was just disappointing. Is it a big deal? No. Does the ride look great? Absolutely.

Cedarfair has, for whatever reason, decided that it is worth spending large amounts of money on the animation a year before the ride opens. Hersheypark, however, seems to have realizsed that most of the people that are going to spend money to come to a smaller park such as Hersheypark (which is close enough to be a day trip for most visitors) aren't going to plan a trip a year in advance just to ride a new ride. By the time next summer rolls around, Hersheypark will have real footage of the ride to blanket the Harrisburg/Allentown/Philadelphia/Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/New York/Trenton/Baltimore/DC/Wilmington area with.

The video of Fahrenheit wasn't any better (wrong type of lift, brakes, and train, jerky transitions, etc.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST87Exi0hCk
    JunkiesForFame
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  JunkiesForFame Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:00 pm

ahecht wrote:Cedarfair has, for whatever reason, decided that it is worth spending large amounts of money on the animation a year before the ride opens. Hersheypark, however, seems to have realizsed that most of the people that are going to spend money to come to a smaller park such as Hersheypark (which is close enough to be a day trip for most visitors) aren't going to plan a trip a year in advance just to ride a new ride. By the time next summer rolls around, Hersheypark will have real footage of the ride to blanket the Harrisburg/Allentown/Philadelphia/Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/New York/Trenton/Baltimore/DC/Wilmington area with.

The video of Fahrenheit wasn't any better (wrong type of lift, brakes, and train, jerky transitions, etc.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST87Exi0hCk

But, at least to me, Hershey seems like the type of company that goes for quality. They might not go that extreme coaster wise, but they have such a high standard with most of what they do (except for maybe Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge). I would expect Cedar Fair or Six Flags to do a video like Skyrush's video. Maybe I'm just biased.

And I understand that its expensive to do nice videos, but at least make it the correct layout and colors within NoLimits.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:11 pm

JunkiesForFame wrote:But, at least to me, Hershey seems like the type of company that goes for quality. They might not go that extreme coaster wise, but they have such a high standard with most of what they do (except for maybe Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge). I would expect Cedar Fair or Six Flags to do a video like Skyrush's video. Maybe I'm just biased.
    To be fair to the Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge, the ride has improved quite a bit this year in terms of simple operation. The problems have been reduced. Though I'd take issue with the laser guns and certain aspects of the theming (mostly that I think it'd be nice to see the targets moved around).
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm proud to present our video coverage of the announcement of SKYRUSH:

dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:39 am

But, at least to me, Hershey seems like the type of company that goes for quality.

Cedar Fair doesn't go for quality? Smile Yeah, you're biased. But we all are.

The animation is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. It was just surprising. I mean, it they didn't even bother to get the colors right, which would take about 5 clicks in No Limits.

It could be a black and white pencil-drawn flip book animation for all I care, and I would still be looking forward to trekking out to the park next year to ride it.
    tedgarb
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tedgarb Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 pm

New document http://awesomefunworld.com/afwChapter7.pdf

At bottom left is a symbol and these number pairs:

1/16 3/2 3/44
    4/4 4/66 5/2 6/10 7/52 8/26 8/47 8/76
    9/19 10/17 11/8
    12/16 13/12 13/46
    14/11 14/23 14/25 15/32 15/37 16/10 16/30 17/1 17/29
    20/58 20/82 21/2 21/34 21/46 22/5 23/9 23/44
    -
    23/56 25/10 25/20 26/2 26/47 27/7 28/10 28/27 28/51 29/18

I would guess these point to letters in the document, but I'm not sure how. There are not 29 lines, and none of the lines have 47 characters in them.
    ahecht
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 pm

tedgarb wrote:New document http://awesomefunworld.com/afwChapter7.pdf

At bottom left is a symbol and these number pairs:

1/16 3/2 3/44
    9/19 10/17 11/8
    12/16 13/12 13/46
    14/11 14/23 14/25 15/32 15/37 16/10 16/30 17/1 17/29
    -

I would guess these point to letters in the document, but I'm not sure how. There are not 29 lines, and none of the lines have 47 characters in them.

Solved it!
    The key was the symbol, which matches the symbol at http://ctpilots.com/lawsuit.pdf
    Using each number pair as row/letter, starting on the row in the lawsuit document with the symbol, and excluding spaces and punctuation, I got:
    the
    password
    yoU
    Are
    seeking
    is
    farewell
    -
    TwelveTeam

If anyone wants to try out the spreadsheet I used to solve this, you can download it at http://www3.zansstuff.com/​files/afwChapter7.xls

Last edited by ahecht on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:04 pm

ahecht wrote:
    the
    password
    yoU
    Are
    seeking
    is
    farewell
    -
    TwelveTeam
    So that means that the password for the O'Connell site is "farewell," I would think.

EDIT: What are the two missing clues I've heard something about?

Last edited by gb980109 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Just need the username now.
    Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Interview with they guys behind RIT, OCP, AFW, LMB, and CTP:

While we didn't have time to ask every question, we did get through quite a few of them and they told us a lot of cool facts on how they planned and went through with the game.
    Q: What was the segnifigence of the spider fibers and white dwarf particles?
    A:They were toying with the idea of constallations and at the time, they haven't figured out a name yet so they added it into the game just in case ...it went down that road. Interestingly, one of us thought the name Draco would be a good name for the ride and it was close to being picked, but it fell through at the last minute. As for the spider fiber, they asked themselves, "what would an advanced institution like RIT develop?" So they added it into the game as one of their fictional inventions.

Q: What was the winged creature that flew above the rain forest?
    A: This was a clue paying homeage to the winged trains.

Q: What was the spiral diagram in Donan's notes?
    A: This was answered on Tuesday and they said that it was a clue to throw us off.

Q: What is the username and password on the O'Connell website?
    A: Username: twelveteam
    Password: farewell

Q:Is RIT closing or will we see them again?
    A: They didn't say yes or no to this, but they did say that the website does have equity and it could be possible, but we'd have to wait and see.

Q:What was the segnifigence of the Honey Hole picture that Donan posted?
    A: What Luke, JB, and the others did was give their characters, well... character. The Honey Hole picture was becuase JB was in Seattle at the time. And for Coaster Test Pilots, the location was picked because Luke was from there and when he went back there to visit, his friend and him both did the video. In the end, Lindsay, Luke, JB, and Marty contributed different ideas to the game and it was all brought together.

Q:What if the 4 people accidentally didn't do the servey and accept the envolope back in October?
    A: They were really worried with recongnizing us and if we would accept the puzzle, but if we didn't show up, they would've had to find another way.

Q: What ideas were you thinking of implementing, but didn't make the cut?
    They came up with several ideas that either were thought up to improve some of the events or were completely new ones. One of them was to have the RIT press confrence to be held in the Hershey Library and have it open to the public. Unfortunately the library was suspicious and they were denied. Another was to set up a stand at the Giant Center for O'Connell Plumbing and Drain during a hockey game... the only problem is that there are no hockey games in July. Another O'Connell idea was to have a National Wrench Day in the park in the place of the QR bench codes. They were going to hand out mini wrenches with a QR code attached to them. This fell through because the park didn't feel fond with handing out metal wrenches.

Q: What was the meaning behind the logo for RIT?
    A: The griffon ment the winged trains for the coaster, the date 1911 was to add up to 12 and the 11 white stars and one golden star was for the 11 existing coasters and for Skyrush.

Q: What was the purpose behind the Kangaroo Bridge?
    A: It was something goofy that they added in and as something that a Mid-Air Excavation Company would build.

Q: Do the numbers on the bumperstickers mean anything?
    A: They were just something that the sign shop put on them. They really don't have any meaning for the game.

Some other details that they talked about was that most of the RIT, OCP and LMB was done on their extra time as a side project. They spent a lot of their extra time on this, but in the end it seemed like they enjoyed it as much as we did. The purpose of this game was entertainment versus Nantimi where the plot would change constantly and suddenly. Their goal for Jan Van Der Velde was to make him look somewhat kind of like Slugworth from Willy Wonka in behavior and for Donan to be terrible at keeping secrets and holding important documents. In a way they took a character with not much background whose name was inspired from two podcasters that was used in the Nantimi game, brought him back and gave him character. I want to thank Luke, Lindsay, JB, and Marty for taking their time out of their busy schedule to meet with Harry, Alyssa, and me to answer some of your questions, swop a few stories, and look back on all the fun we've had. It's been a wild ride and it's sure to be just as wilder next year with Skyrush.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:22 pm

ChiefRedskin89 wrote:The trains were kept rediculously secret, I didn't see anyone guess this at all.

I did! LOL, People thought I was crazy. LOL. And, LOOK what we got! Razz
    PiperArcher
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  PiperArcher Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:45 pm

http://awesomefunworld.com/afwChapter7.pdf

I don't know how long this has been on the AFW website...but here it is...another PDF. It looks like Awesome Fun world is selling some rides. Maybe hints on what rides the possible park expansion might have?

Check this out.... another message at the bottom of the page but I can't de-code it. What does it say????

1/16 3/2 3/44
    9/19 10/17 11/8
    12/16 13/12 13/46
    14/11 14/23 14/25 15/32 15/37 16/10 16/30
    17/1 17/29
    -

EDIT: I think I found how to de-code it. On the CTP lawsuit page there is a paragraph with an arrow next to it that is identical to the arrow next to the code above. I'll try it.

Last edited by PiperArcher on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:49 pm

PiperArcher wrote:http://awesomefunworld.com/afwChapter7.pdf

I don't know how long this has been on the AFW website...but here it is...another PDF. It looks like Awesome Fun world is selling some rides. Maybe hints on what rides the possible park expansion might have?

Check this out.... another message at the bottom of the page but I can't de-code it. What does it say????

1/16 3/2 3/44
    9/19 10/17 11/8
    12/16 13/12 13/46
    14/11 14/23 14/25 15/32 15/37 16/10 16/30
    17/1 17/29
    -

It says, "The password you see is farewell- tweleveteam" It was decoded between this and the CTP lawsuit. Then, unclocked OCP, LOGIN- twelveteam PASSWORD- farewell

This was all found a few days after the announcement BTW, Good find tho! Smile

Last edited by Belo777 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding text)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:17 pm