Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 146 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

+32
vw87tech
Mr Talley
AdrenalineJunkie
ts4unc
HPfangirl4life
Park Connoisseur
leapthedips
PSUPrincess22
underslayer
tedgarb
Mister Toro
warfelg
jlinbu
Dmy11
ChiefRedskin89
dr_humor
technocolor
Knowit4000
freakylick
HPCrazy
PixelNuts
PiperArcher
ahecht
Jeter1186
coasteral
CoasterBGW
thom25
QueerRudie
gb980109
Ccron10
BrandonStrouphauer
36 posters

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

thom25
    thom25
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  thom25 Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:10 pm

That's because you're copying the JPG and not the PDF that was found on-line.
    PiperArcher
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion

Post  PiperArcher Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:17 am

I just thought of something that was kinda just thrown in my face. Coaster Test Pilot Solutions.......a FLYING coaster or an Intamin equivalent? Neutral

EDIT: Maybe something like X2. Flying position for parts of the ride and sitting position for "ejector air".
    Knowit4000
    Kozmo's Kurves level
    Kozmo's Kurves level

Post  Knowit4000 Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:41 am

Maybe it's a wooden 200 ft hydraulically launched reverse facing flying ball shuttle coaster with onboard speakers that plays nothing but the 2112 album.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:01 am

thom25 wrote:That's because you're copying the JPG and not the PDF that was found on-line.
    That's incorrect. I created the JPG screen capture to show that everything is highlighted on my PDF (which I found online). It's also not possible to select text in a JPG because the text merges with the background as one layer.
    ChiefRedskin89
    ChiefRedskin89
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level
    Talon: Grip of Fear Level

Post  ChiefRedskin89 Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:11 am

Knowit4000 wrote:Maybe it's a wooden 200 ft hydraulically launched reverse facing flying ball shuttle coaster with onboard speakers that plays nothing but the 2112 album.

As awsome as the 2112 album is I don't think this is very plausable Laughing . However>http://www.thegravitygroup.com/news_recent.html Please read key features.
    thom25
    thom25
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  thom25 Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:13 am

GB - I tried to upload a screen shot of my computer to show you the letters that don't highlight on mine, and more than a few others as well. I personally don't know why the upload isn't working on my machine.

When I go through the upload steps, it just loops back to the original upload screen - so I'm doing something wrong. I'm sure someone else can capture the screen shot showing the letters.
    thom25
    thom25
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  thom25 Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:22 am

GB - This is the best I can do:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/16/70/11/39/screen15.jpg
    Dmy11
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  Dmy11 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:51 am

I know that everyone has this set in stone that it is Intamin. But since everyone is posting their dream coaster i will do the same. I was on the S&S Power website and they have a coaster called a 4D coaster. I watched the video of it and that would definitely be something different and never seen before. But that is just my dream and i do not doubt any of you guys that actually know what youre talking about when it comes to roller coaster companies. I just thought i would throw that out there as a possibility as being completely different.
    jlinbu
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  jlinbu Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:08 am

Dmy11 wrote:I know that everyone has this set in stone that it is Intamin. But since everyone is posting their dream coaster i will do the same. I was on the S&S Power website and they have a coaster called a 4D coaster. I watched the video of it and that would definitely be something different and never seen before. But that is just my dream and i do not doubt any of you guys that actually know what youre talking about when it comes to roller coaster companies. I just thought i would throw that out there as a possibility as being completely different.

I'm glad you saw this. A while back I posted the same idea and it was completely shot down. I mentioned a discussion I had with a park employee who brought up preliminary plans for a 4D coaster. But now with the plausibility of this being a wing rider the 4D idea doesn't seem quite as far off. Perhaps Hershey is trying to lead us slightly away from the truth until closer to the official release. I say anything (but location) is fair game with the vagueness of the clues presented thus far.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:08 am

Dmy11 wrote:I know that everyone has this set in stone that it is Intamin. But since everyone is posting their dream coaster i will do the same. I was on the S&S Power website and they have a coaster called a 4D coaster. I watched the video of it and that would definitely be something different and never seen before. But that is just my dream and i do not doubt any of you guys that actually know what youre talking about when it comes to roller coaster companies. I just thought i would throw that out there as a possibility as being completely different.
    Someone checked out the supports behind Lightning Racer and Roller Soaker and one of the ID tags had Intamin on it. So that's one reason why it's set in stone, because the supports are Intamin (aside from the fact that they're identical to I-305's).
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:07 am

For the unbelieving:
    Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Db_2011_0712_Skyrush61

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Empty breaking news

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:20 pm

well here's the color scheme from the docs we got from Donan so far.
    LIght blue track
    dark blue coaster
    golden rod track

will let you know more as we find it

walt
    CoasterBGW
    CoasterBGW
    Sky Rocket Level
    Sky Rocket Level

Post  CoasterBGW Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Images Walt is referring to:

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Colors10

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Track10
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:26 pm

CoasterBGW wrote:Images Walt is referring to:
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f47/15/47/85/77/track10.png
    Well, that sure looks like the roller coaster if you're looking towards the (mostly) north.
    dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:48 pm

So, the only real question is; is it a Wing-Rider, or a standard Millennium Force-style coaster?
    ahecht
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Can anyone summarize what went down at the park today? I've seen two new images, talk of Lost and Found, and Walter White on Facebook being vague.
    gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:05 pm

ahecht wrote:Can anyone summarize what went down at the park today? I've seen two new images, talk of Lost and Found, and Walter White on Facebook being vague.
    Sounds to me that Walter White went to Lost & Found and was given documents that told the colors of the ride. I'm guessing the above images are related to that.

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Empty thats about what happened

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:40 pm

NO, you summed it up right . we found a clue with a pic tha got posted and the color codes for the coaster at loast and found.

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Empty one more thing

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:07 pm

The drop is an 85 degree drop .
    ahecht
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Oh, I completely missed that those were color codes.

According to http://www.ralcolor.com/:

RAL5024 is Pastel Blue #5D9B9B
    RAL1024 is Traffic Yellow #FAD201
    RAL5022 is Night Blue #252850

If we didn't already have pastal blue supports, I would've assumed that the "C" stood for cars, the "T" for track, and the "P" for pilings (supports).

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Empty open letter

Post  Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:25 am

To all real players. Yesterday being sunday I went to the park and obtained a binder from lost and found with the documents of one Donan Michael. There are about 10 pages of information. I have instructed my team of people to release this information today at noon. There is time bound information in those files.

Now you ask, why would you do this? Simple, Most people post stupid things like shaving cream or lady gaga. Not about the game . I have ran around Hershey park over the past several weeks getting bumper stickers, binders, qr codes and the such. I understand the people that live far away . I understand your excitment over a new coaster. But type to particpate as human being playing a game . Not as some 12 year old . Look at prior posts. I came into this game in May. I did back reasearch on all the game from last oct. when Chris Cronrath, Matthew Meckley got the first clues. I watched the videos from news 8 . I did my homework. I went and found the first hidden tickets. Most people just got them mailed to them.If you are local and got a free ticket why didnt you go when Donan posted he was in the park? Brandon Nathan Strouphauer got sick from doing this but still played the game to the best of his abilities. There Have been people who have given assists and I thank them the person who got Donan to drop a pin and say how long he was in the park was a help. In all we have a couple of days left to "uncover the truth" do it wisley, dont post stupid stuff , and when need be volunteer to help.
    Contriubte to the greater good. I need to give shout outs also to Matthew Rydzik, Tom Grady,Roy Brashears,Kim Morrell and Richard Sussman for being great players and great contributors in the game.
    ANd yes Brandon, Matt and Chris too. i couldnt of found some of this stuff without you guys, Thanks.
    warfelg
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  warfelg Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:24 am

To all real players. Yesterday being sunday I went to the park and obtained a binder from lost and found with the documents of one Donan Michael. There are about 10 pages of information. I have instructed my team of people to release this information today at noon. There is time bound information in those files.

Now you ask, why would you do this? Simple, Most people post stupid things like shaving cream or lady gaga. Not about the game . I have ran around Hershey park over the past several weeks getting bumper stickers, binders, qr codes and the such. I understand the people that live far away . I understand your excitment over a new coaster. But type to particpate as human being playing a game . Not as some 12 year old . Look at prior posts. I came into this game in May. I did back reasearch on all the game from last oct. when Chris Cronrath, Matthew Meckley got the first clues. I watched the videos from news 8 . I did my homework. I went and found the first hidden tickets. Most people just got them mailed to them.If you are local and got a free ticket why didnt you go when Donan posted he was in the park? Brandon Nathan Strouphauer got sick from doing this but still played the game to the best of his abilities. There Have been people who have given assists and I thank them the person who got Donan to drop a pin and say how long he was in the park was a help. In all we have a couple of days left to "uncover the truth" do it wisley, dont post stupid stuff , and when need be volunteer to help.
    Contriubte to the greater good. I need to give shout outs also to Matthew Rydzik, Tom Grady,Roy Brashears,Kim Morrell and Richard Sussman for being great players and great contributors in the game.
    ANd yes Brandon, Matt and Chris too. i couldnt of found some of this stuff without you guys, Thanks.

I know some people on facebook have already taken offense to the fact that you're not just posting the information for everyone to see right away. But I want to say thank you for everything you have done...I would be going to the park more to help uncover stuff, but being unable to go is one of the pearls of working an unpaid internship. So seeing as you're the one that got to the park and got the binder, I have no issues with the way you are handling the distribution of the information.

As for whats left and what everyone is talking about...god do I hope this is NOT a wing-rider (like many people on facebook are insistent that it will be). Hershey needs less 'novelty' coasters (VL on Farenheit, first inversion launched, rollersoaker...) and needs to start getting some 'standard' coasters into the mix. So what if its a standard coaster thats essentially a mini I-305. If it weren't people would complain about Hershey having another short coaster thats a 'first' and isn't that exciting. Me....I prefer a few 'standard' coasters....maybe then Hershey (at least coaster wise) could better compete with Ceder Point and Busch Gardens.

Finally...not quite dealing with Project 2012, but the other day I was up in Hershey for my internship and swung by the construction area on my way home. There were multiple teams working in the site, and what looked to be contracters looking at the bridge and the area's where the proposed changes to Park Ave behind the park would be. Just something else interesting to keep an eye on.
    dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Well, I would agree with you to a point, but what made Cedar Point a destination park (and not just a local attraction) was its willingness to take risks; sometimes very large risks. Magnum debuting was a gamble, and suffered some growing pains that many younger people don't remember, but now its a landmark. Literally. Millennium Force, at the time of its debut, was a huge gamble again, but it played out.

Objectively, I think you will get your wish. I do not see this as being a wingrider at all, but that would make a huge splash if it worked out....but there in lies the risk.

HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:01 pm

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Ctp_letter1

The main letter to Donan Michael

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Ctp2

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Ctp3

Assignments given to Donan from CTP.

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 D1

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 D2

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 D3

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 B4

Donan's notes.

I also have two M.S. Word docs that were also included with these documents.

July 25, 2011

Dear DONAN MICHAEL:

I am looking forward to your visit to COASTER TEST PILOT SOLUTIONS, INC on July 12, 2011 in Boulder, Colorado, as a candidate for DIRECTOR OF IT SECURITY. CTP SOLUTIONS is the world’s leading provider of human-generated coaster testing and analysis.

CTP SOLUTIONS will reimburse all of your travel, lodging, meal and local transportation costs. If you should need information regarding hotel information in the Boulder area, please contact our office. Please save your receipts for reimbursement.

Upon arrival, we will furnish a travel reimbursement form for your convenience in being reimbursed. Please complete this form with original receipt after you return home. For relocation information, please visit the local chamber of commerce.

The Screening Committee consists of the following members:

CPT. BILL HUGHES CHIEF CO-PILOT OFFICER

Your interview schedule has already been forwarded.

I have enclosed some information about CTP’s benefits. For additional information on CTP, please visit our website at www.ctpilots.com.

If you have any questions about these arrangements, we will call you at the number you provided. I look forward to meeting you on July 12, 2011.

Sincerely,

Tom “Afterturner” Turner
    Chief Pilot Officer
    Chair, Screening Committee

Enclosures:
    Watermark

Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Track10

From ITSecurityJobs.com

From ITSecurityJobs.com

COASTER TEST PILOT SOLUTIONS
    Looking for new DIRECTOR OF SECURITY
    --(you can do this, donan! Just study their website and focus…)

DONAN MICHAEL
    RESEARCH & NOTES IN PREPARATION FOR CTP INTERVIEW
    7/1/11

CTP ORIGINS
    In 2001, Lieutenant Commander Tom Turner founded CTP Solutions after an unexpected departure from the U.S. Navy catapulted Turner into a sooner-than-expected private sector debut. Identifying a niche market opportunity in high-speed coaster testing and analysis, he founded CTP Solutions with a compelling business proposition for both ride manufacturers and theme parks. By replacing expensive, automated dummies with real ex-military fighter pilots, CTP Solutions achieved significant cost savings—passed directly onto the client—while delivering a more nuanced human analysis of the riding experience. With headquarters based in the Boulder, Colorado, CTP Solutions is currently opening branch offices in California and New York.

(IF I GET NERVOUS DURING INTERVIEW WITH TOM, JUST REMEMBER: Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill – GREAT QUOTE FROM THE BRITISH BULLDOG!)

****CTP offers a bunch of REALLY WEIRD services. Not sure what any of it means. I work in IT security but here’s what they say…

CTP SERVICES
    G-Force Analysis (GFA) – With a combined 80+ years in the cockpit and over 6,000 no-fly patrols and assorted combat sorties, the pilots at CTP measure GFA with a nuance and subtlety unavailable to even the most sophisticated computer dummies. Only the human end user fully understands the indescribable emotional experience of roller coasters, and only CTP pilots can predict anticipated emotions with accuracy.

(IF I FORGET WHAT GFA IS, JUST REMEMBER: Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. Theodore Roosevelt – WELL SAID, TEDDY! I FEEL INSPIRED!!!)

Anticipated Thrill Factor (ATF) – This proprietary rating, developed in conjunction with the Jet Propulsive Laboratory, rates client coasters across a broad matrix of perceived exhilaration and expected thrill delivery. Above certain ATFs, CTP Solutions can confidently predict a coaster experience that exceeds rider expectations and drives bottom line revenue.

(I HAVE TRIED TO MEMORIZE THIS ATF THING THREE TIMES! REMINDS ME OF FRESHMAN YEAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL WHERE I STAYED UP ALL NIGHT STUDYING AND THEN FAILED. NOT GOOD!)

(A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. William Shakespeare - IS SHAKESPEARE CALLING ME A FOOL? WELL I THOUGHT HAMLET WAS STUPID!!!)

Equivalent Jet Experience (EJE) – High speed, high thrill coasters evoke specific fighter jet experiences known only to the former fighter pilots at CTP. Our clients receive courier-delivered, detailed EJE Reports outlining the corresponding U.S. naval aircraft and equivalent aviator experience necessary to simulate the client coaster.

(LIKE I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! I WILL NEVER GET THIS JOB!!! Here’s Tom Turner’s crazy bio immediately below)

Lt. Com. Tom Turner
    [pic] – wouldn’t transfer from webpage, but he looks C-R-A-Z-Y.
    Call sign: “AfterTurner”
    Having established a record-setting four peacetime ejections from his Navy F-14 Tomcat, Lt. Com. Tom Turner achieved a unique mixture of notoriety and infamy among fellow fighter pilots. Today, Lt. Com. Turner’s pioneering humanistic work in the testing and analysis of high-speed roller coasters has bucked a trend tilting toward100% automation.

(IF TOM MENTIONS NANTIMI INCIDENT DURING INTERVIEW, CHANGE SUBJECT TO STORY OF HOW CPT. HUGHES BECAME “BURNING MAN.”) – yes! Very clever psychological diversion here!

Captain Bill Hughes
    [pic] – note to self: hughes looks crazier than the guy I see at Starbucks every morning buying the caramel wafers with apple juice, but not as crazy as Turner
    Call sign: “Burning Man”
    After landing without deploying full landing gear, a Navy review board relegated the famously forgetful Captain Quayle Newble to flying a desk. Unwilling to pilot a mahogany Roll Top, Cpt. Hughes left the Navy and moved to Colorado where he met Lt. Com. Tom Turner atop the double black diamond Prima Cornice run at Vail Mountain. Cpt. Hughes now oversees CTP training and on-boarding.

(QUESTION: WHY WOULD THIS GUY OVERSEE CTP TRAINING?!)

(“IF YOU’RE GOING TO BE CRAZY, YOU HAVE TO GET PAID FOR IT OR ELSE YOU’RE GOING TO BE LOCKED UP. – hunter s. Thompson)

CONTACT US
    Whether you’re building a top-secret, multi-million dollar roller coaster or seeking to prevent your competitive set from uncovering the native performance specs of your coaster’s anticipated thrill delivery, CTP Solutions can help. Send us an email through our 12-bit encrypted system and our Director of New Business will contact you to schedule a consultation.

(CTP USES 12-BIT ENCRYPTED SYSTEM WHICH IS DEFINITELY NOT GOOD BECAUSE I ONLY KNOW THE 8-BIT VERSION. WILL HAVE TO DO SOME FANCY SIDESTEPPING DURING INTERVIEW BUT I CAN GET THIS JOB AND START ANEW!!!!)

COASTER TEST PILOT SOLUTIONS
    Looking for new DIRECTOR OF SECURITY
    --(you can do this, donan! Just study their website and focus…)

DONAN MICHAEL
    RESEARCH & NOTES IN PREPARATION FOR CTP INTERVIEW
    7/1/11

CTP ORIGINS
    In 2001, Lieutenant Commander Tom Turner founded CTP Solutions after an unexpected departure from the U.S. Navy catapulted Turner into a sooner-than-expected private sector debut. Identifying a niche market opportunity in high-speed coaster testing and analysis, he founded CTP Solutions with a compelling business proposition for both ride manufacturers and theme parks. By replacing expensive, automated dummies with real ex-military fighter pilots, CTP Solutions achieved significant cost savings—passed directly onto the client—while delivering a more nuanced human analysis of the riding experience. With headquarters based in the Boulder, Colorado, CTP Solutions is currently opening branch offices in California and New York.

(IF I GET NERVOUS DURING INTERVIEW WITH TOM, JUST REMEMBER: Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill – GREAT QUOTE FROM THE BRITISH BULLDOG!)

****CTP offers a bunch of REALLY WEIRD services. Not sure what any of it means. I work in IT security but here’s what they say…

CTP SERVICES
    G-Force Analysis (GFA) – With a combined 80+ years in the cockpit and over 6,000 no-fly patrols and assorted combat sorties, the pilots at CTP measure GFA with a nuance and subtlety unavailable to even the most sophisticated computer dummies. Only the human end user fully understands the indescribable emotional experience of roller coasters, and only CTP pilots can predict anticipated emotions with accuracy.

(IF I FORGET WHAT GFA IS, JUST REMEMBER: Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. Theodore Roosevelt – WELL SAID, TEDDY! I FEEL INSPIRED!!!)

Anticipated Thrill Factor (ATF) – This proprietary rating, developed in conjunction with the Jet Propulsive Laboratory, rates client coasters across a broad matrix of perceived exhilaration and expected thrill delivery. Above certain ATFs, CTP Solutions can confidently predict a coaster experience that exceeds rider expectations and drives bottom line revenue.

It was brought to my attention that this page was missing to the memorandum.
    Attraction 2012 Rumor and News Discussion - Page 2 Lastsa10

Last edited by HPCrazy on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
    dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:20 pm

That was a lot to digest. Certainly sounds like Skyrush is a potential name, as it was referred to...

"skydiving..."...."is certainly a rush"...

And I think the potential for a WR is still on the table.

ahecht
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Can you post the original word documents somewhere?
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:01 pm

Anyone who wants the original Word docs, PM me your email address.
    BrandonStrouphauer
    BrandonStrouphauer
    Great Bear Level
    Great Bear Level

Post  BrandonStrouphauer Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Original word docs

http://attachmore.com/DownloadFile.aspx?ID=187969655
    technocolor
    technocolor
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  technocolor Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Can someone please tell me what was revealed in all of those documents??
    Mister Toro
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  Mister Toro Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:26 pm

For one thing, they confirmed we can thank Luke Rettig for another fun adventure.
    ahecht
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Mister Toro wrote:For one thing, they confirmed we can thank Luke Rettig for another fun adventure.

Hmm, Luke Rettig looks an awful lot like Rocky LaMarcus.
    tedgarb
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  tedgarb Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:43 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone who has been going to the park and hunting for clues/posting construction site updates. I wish I could come and get involved, but it is too far away. However, I have one comment on the docs. "Jet Propulsion Laboratory" (JPL) is a part of NASA that deals with solar system exploration and space-based earth science. (I know the doc says "propulsive" instead, but I think this is the correct link.) Also, JPL is related to Caltech, a top science school. I'm not sure if there is anything to make out of this, but thought I would share.
    ahecht
    ahecht
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  ahecht Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:50 pm

tedgarb wrote: However, I have one comment on the docs. "Jet Propulsion Laboratory" (JPL) is a part of NASA that deals with solar system exploration and space-based earth science. (I know the doc says "propulsive" instead, but I think this is the correct link.)

I assume "propulsive" was intentional -- it is a name that is reminiscent of the "Jet Propulsion Laboratory" without involving an innocent research lab in our game.

Also, on a side note, JPL isn't actually part of NASA.THey are a Federally Funded Research and Development Center under contract with NASA, but are managed and operated by Caltech.
    dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Did anyone else notice the "piece" of what looks like what could be the slogan for the ride on the 3rd document? Just "select all" in word and you can see it.

It's on top of the third page of the "Research for Job Interview" document.

gb980109
    gb980109
    Phoenix Level
    Phoenix Level

Post  gb980109 Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:44 pm

dr_humor wrote:Did anyone else notice the "piece" of what looks like what could be the slogan for the ride on the 3rd document? Just "select all" in word and you can see it.

It's on top of the third page of the "Research for Job Interview" document.

The picture?
    dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Not sure which picture you are referring to, but it is not a complete picture...it's maybe 1/10th of a larger image.

Download the documents from Belo777....then look at the "Research for Job Interview" document...select all, and it's on top of the third page.

Ccron10
    Ccron10
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Ccron10 Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:46 pm

I just want to say that I had no decision in withholding those documents and if I did, I would've released them becuase it wasn't fair for those who haven't been constantly following the game and submitting the puzzles and clues or even the ones who just follow along.
    From now on, DO NOT withhold any clues or puzzles reguarding this game.
    dr_humor
    dr_humor
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  dr_humor Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:02 pm

I understand your excitment over a new coaster. But type to particpate as human being playing a game . Not as some 12 year old .

It would help if you didn't have the grammar of a 4 year old while you accuse others of acting like they are "12".

My guess about the partial image is that it is part of the ride's actual logo. It appears to be an "S" at the end of a word that we can see.

I've gotta believe SkyRush is 100% the name. The trademark, the reference in the above documents, and now the slogan "Rush the Hollow"?

underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  underslayer Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Thank you so much chris for saying that. I was fumming all day at work over what those guys did over at the facebook page. It was not fair. This is a game for EVERYONE not just a select person and his "team" of so called experts. I personaly dont have time to go to the park everytime someting is happening because i have a job and family that is more important then a coaster. I have now personaly lost interest in this game cause of them. They made it not fun. thats why I love keystone thrill because when you guys get something you share it and I really appriate it. Well done . They talk about if you got a free ticket we were sopose to use it to hunt this guy down. I have a season pass so I am gona use my ticket for a family member when we go in a couple of weeks. Thank you guys for letting me let off some steam. again keep up the good and FAIR work keystone thrills
    QueerRudie
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  QueerRudie Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:11 pm

underslayer wrote:Thank you so much chris for saying that. I was fumming all day at work over what those guys did over at the facebook page. It was not fair. This is a game for EVERYONE not just a select person and his "team" of so called experts. I personaly dont have time to go to the park everytime someting is happening because i have a job and family that is more important then a coaster. I have now personaly lost interest in this game cause of them. They made it not fun. thats why I love keystone thrill because when you guys get something you share it and I really appriate it. Well done . They talk about if you got a free ticket we were sopose to use it to hunt this guy down. I have a season pass so I am gona use my ticket for a family member when we go in a couple of weeks. Thank you guys for letting me let off some steam. again keep up the good and FAIR work keystone thrills

I wish you wouldn't take out the actions on everyone; some of us had -no chance whatsoever- of getting any of the clues along the way- for any reason. I'm in F'ing ARIZONA for F'ck sake.

Walt took some initiative- as did others- and that's great. What he did with the documents, et al, I'm not going to stand and judge that; that's his own business. However- if it weren't for him, and for that matter many others in PA to help out, I'd probably not have gotten nearly as much out of this event as I have.

If I had information, I posted it- if I had a theory, I posted it (to here, to TPR, to other sites as well)- but please don't make a judgement call on everyone as a generalization. That's NOT fair to those of us who are playing this game as best we can- using the resources we have, and in the space/time alotted. It's bad enough I'm three hours off everyone else for finding clues.

R.D.
    underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  underslayer Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:16 pm

nono it wasnt directed at you at all. It was directed at a certain group on the facebook page consisting o f walter white and his so called team holding info from us all. not you ruddie
    warfelg
    Little Phantom Level
    Little Phantom Level

Post  warfelg Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:34 pm

I'm not going to judge what they did with the documents...but it looks like they have withdrawn themselves from everything...so now if they find something out in the next week looks like we will never know. Honestly, if you go to the facebook group and see the way they were treated I don't blame them for wanting to retreat a little, but I think they might be taking this a little over the top.

Also, I hope Hershey learns of what happened with this and keep everything online...that way everyone can have access to the clues and what is going on.
    HPCrazy
    HPCrazy
    Coaster Master Level
    Coaster Master Level

Post  HPCrazy Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Well just to let you know that if I find anything, it will indeed be posted here without a doubt. I should've just posted the stuff to begin with. I think what everyone's complaining about is why he decided to wait until noon to have it released. I feel partially responsible for this and bad about it as well and do send out my apologies.

Last edited by HPCrazy on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    underslayer
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  underslayer Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:29 pm

i didnt have time to got to the park and get pic of the tilt a wirl or the slushie stand I want to contribute to the names
    skyrush
    afterburn or afterburner [remember what farenihte was sopose to be called] sorry for the spelling
    and my personal choice supernova
    PSUPrincess22
    PSUPrincess22
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  PSUPrincess22 Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:42 pm

That Walter dude really had me fuming today as well.. I was at work today and I'm blocked from viewing the documents then learning I needed to wait till 12pm? GAH!!!

He's lucky he got the comp tickets... someone couldve taken them instead of him...... Evil or Very Mad
    People are more involved than he thinks we are...
    Anyway...
    Whats the progress on completing the form to send in to that email address??
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  2012 Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:44 pm

I dont take part in the facebook group but follow along, if those documents couldve been posted earlier we couldve had a little bit of a head start on them if there is indeed a deadline today.

Although I am thankful towards the people who obtained the information.
    PSUPrincess22
    PSUPrincess22
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  PSUPrincess22 Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:49 pm

2012 wrote:I dont take part in the facebook group but follow along, if those documents couldve been posted earlier we couldve had a little bit of a head start on them if there is indeed a deadline today.

Although I am thankful towards the people who obtained the information.

Totally agree... But here we are now crunching in the last few mins we can.
    I'm guessing we needed pictures and all that fun stuff.
    Sooperdooperlooper Level
    Sooperdooperlooper Level

Post  2012 Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:59 pm

QueerRudie wrote:
    I wish you wouldn't take out the actions on everyone; some of us had -no chance whatsoever- of getting any of the clues along the way- for any reason. I'm in F'ing ARIZONA for F'ck sake.

Walt took some initiative- as did others- and that's great. What he did with the documents, et al, I'm not going to stand and judge that; that's his own business. However- if it weren't for him, and for that matter many others in PA to help out, I'd probably not have gotten nearly as much out of this event as I have.

If I had information, I posted it- if I had a theory, I posted it (to here, to TPR, to other sites as well)- but please don't make a judgement call on everyone as a generalization. That's NOT fair to those of us who are playing this game as best we can- using the resources we have, and in the space/time alotted. It's bad enough I'm three hours off everyone else for finding clues.

R.D.

Rudie i see you have a theory over on TPR and wont share, I've been scouring the documents and cant pull it out.

So what do you see?
    leapthedips
    leapthedips
    Trailblazer Level
    Trailblazer Level

Post  leapthedips Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:25 pm

I just wanted post my thoughts about the "game" that Hershey has been playing. I have been visiting Hersheypark for a long time now as my first visit was in 1980. Now , my wife and I have always gone at least once a summer, if not 3 to 4 times - we live about 2 1/2 hours away. We typically stay at the Hershey Lodge and sometime will stay at the Hotel Hershey - but I digress. The thoughts of a new ride coming was something of great interest and something to look forward to. When they started the game for Fahrenheit, we played along and it was fun for the most part. With this campaign, we feel that it started WAY too early and the clues were spread so far apart that the momentum to play along was greatly hindered. Both my wife and I have come to the conclusion that we don't care to play along any more and really have not since sometime in early June. We have decided to just wait until the official announcement.

When I look back about other advertising (like radio spots) the Park did for new rides at the time like Sidewinder and Great Bear, we got more excitement from hearing those than playing these games. I remember recording the radio spots for Sidewinder and Great Bear on tape - I'll have to dig those out to listen to again!

Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to voice that we thought this marketing game was more of an annoyance than fun as it was intended. BTW, this site has done an excellent job in keeping what info was available up to date.
    Park Connoisseur
    Park Connoisseur
    Kingdom Coaster Level
    Kingdom Coaster Level

Post  Park Connoisseur Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:44 pm

leapthedips wrote:I just wanted post my thoughts about the "game" that Hershey has been playing. I have been visiting Hersheypark for a long time now as my first visit was in 1980. Now , my wife and I have always gone at least once a summer, if not 3 to 4 times - we live about 2 1/2 hours away. We typically stay at the Hershey Lodge and sometime will stay at the Hotel Hershey - but I digress. The thoughts of a new ride coming was something of great interest and something to look forward to. When they started the game for Fahrenheit, we played along and it was fun for the most part. With this campaign, we feel that it started WAY too early and the clues were spread so far apart that the momentum to play along was greatly hindered. Both my wife and I have come to the conclusion that we don't care to play along any more and really have not since sometime in early June. We have decided to just wait until the official announcement.

When I look back about other advertising (like radio spots) the Park did for new rides at the time like Sidewinder and Great Bear, we got more excitement from hearing those than playing these games. I remember recording the radio spots for Sidewinder and Great Bear on tape - I'll have to dig those out to listen to again!

Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to voice that we thought this marketing game was more of an annoyance than fun as it was intended. BTW, this site has done an excellent job in keeping what info was available up to date.

Bravo!

I couldn't have put it any better. This marketing campaign is just plain silly, and has gotten out of hand. I'm surprised by how many people care about it. And now, everybody seems to be fighting.

I haven't really been paying attention to it, but from what I have read, there are just too many levels. I have no idea how they are going to pull it all together next week. I don't care either.

The announcement is just over a week away. Tuesday can come soon enough - not because we'll know all the details of this thing (we pretty much do anyway), but because this market campaign will be over. Soon we can put this whole "game" to rest and talk about the ride.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:32 pm